Alternative Automotive

Overall Rating 1.0/5rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0
DIANE W. on 04/22/2016
"i was called my tune up was done. I was given a figure for brakes and said not today. I waited 30 min at least while car was up on racks. The attendant was not busy. Not good."
not good
Vehicle: Lexus LX 470
Service Date: 04/20/2016
Review Created: 04/22/2016 08:50 AM
Steve R. at Alternative Automotive responded on 04/26/2016

Thank you Diane for taking time to give an honest review.
We  always strive for excellence in service and customer satisfaction.
I was equally frustrated with the day.  Hold-over work from previous appointments can throw our rhythm off and make it challenging to complete our currant appointments.

I understand with your frustration, and if you do decide to return, I can promise you you will get the excellent service you have received in the past.

Kind regards and apologizes
Steven G Rabideau

P Z. on 09/10/2013
Verified badge inactive Verified
"somethings not right"
Phone quote was more than doubled when I brought car in. I took by business elsewhere. The dealer was cheaper!
Service Date: 09/10/2013
Review Created: 09/10/2013 03:08 PM
Steve R. at Alternative Automotive responded on 09/12/2013

Dear P Z
I can't aggree more, and I appoligize. With the 2012 Lexus 15k service,it has been a challenge to get our estemating software up to speed.
I take full responsability for this error. I had not yet passed the update to our assistant service writter.
The correct price is $ 95.00 for this service. Our software has been updated.
I would like to offer you a free 20k service when your Lexus is due. I am sure if you accept this offer,you will see that our dedication to meeting the needs of our customers and their satisfaction is our priority.
Thank you for taking the time to read this and participate in our survey.
Kind regards
Steven G. Rabideau    Owner

DWIGHT A. ReScore Review on 08/23/2013
Surecritic checkman logo Verified
"Please list EVERYTHING you do on Invoice"
My Lexus dealer had called me back and mentioned that many other dealers DO NOT do everything that is required. Please LIST all that you do on your invoice to the customer or Toyota/Lexus will assume ONLY what is mentioned was done! It could void a warranty! I have purchased batteries and changed them on the "full time Remote", crucial now that it emits a signal all the time. btw the Windshield washing fluid was NOT topped off! I will have to go back and pay more to Lexus to feel more secure.
Vehicle: Lexus RX 350
Service Date: 08/13/2013
Review Created: 08/18/2013 10:39 PM

"Below is what Lexus shows is to be done on the 15,000 mile service"
Rotate Tires,Replace Smart Key Batteries,Lube drive shaft,re-torque nuts and bolts,Reset Mtnce Indicator,Test drive,Check installation of floor mats,inspect and fill all fluid levels,inspect axle shaft boots,Inspect ball joints and dust covers,Inspect Brake Lines and hoses,Inspect engine coolant,Exhaust pipes and mountings,rack and pinion steering assembly,inspect steering linkage and boots,visually inspect brake pads, calipers and tires......I don't think you did all this?? If it is NOT on the receipt,it is considered not done.
Vehicle: Lexus RX 350
Service Date: 08/13/2013
Review Created: 08/18/2013 10:39 PM
Steve R. at Alternative Automotive responded on 08/21/2013

Dwight, thank you for taking time to respond, and thank you for giving us a try.

The service inspectiones mentioned in your message "Rotate Tires,Replace Smart Key Batteries,Lube drive shaft,re-torque nuts and bolts,Reset Mtnce Indicator,Test drive,Check installation of floor mats,inspect and fill all fluid levels,inspect axle shaft boots,Inspect ball joints and dust covers,Inspect Brake Lines and hoses,Inspect engine coolant,Exhaust pipes and mountings,rack and pinion steering assembly,inspect steering linkage and boots,visually inspect brake pads, calipers and tires."

You asked us not to rotate your tires... with the excetpion of the key fob battery. the rest of the service was performed. These items are inspected on every vehicle that enters our facility.

I can't accept your statment or your payment. A full refund has been sent to you.

Best wishes on your Quest.

Steven G. Rabideau

Owner

JERRY G. on 01/10/2013
"confused about work needed"
I have conflicting reports on work needed. Steve says I need a new water pump & the Toyota dealer says I don't. Who do I believe?
Vehicle: Toyota Sienna