Diana L. on 05/20/2017
"Fast, friendly, professional service"
Great service and advice about my 10+ year old car,.The staff at AoM handled a recurring throttle problem and upgraded the front & rear suspension. Now it will be good for another 10 years.
Vehicle: Mazda 5
Review Created: 05/20/2017 04:39 AM
Ashley R. on 05/20/2017
Ashley said the business was really nice and very helpful. They gave her a ride home.
Vehicle: Hyundai Accent
Service Date: 05/17/2017
Review Created: 05/20/2017
Huey M. on 05/20/2017
Huey said this business was polite, had the vehicle repaired on time and so far, it is running well.
Vehicle: Jeep Grand Cherokee
Service Date: 05/18/2017
Review Created: 05/20/2017
Don C. on 05/19/2017
Don said this business did what he thought they would do.
Vehicle: Honda Civic
Stephen T. on 05/19/2017
Stephen said he would recommend this business for service.
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz Sprinter 2500
Service Date: 04/27/2017
Zachary M. on 05/19/2017
Zachary said this business was able to complete the service in one day.
Vehicle: Honda Accord
Larry G. on 05/05/2017
Larry said the staff at this business had done work on his vehicle before and he knew they did good work. He would recommend them for service.
Vehicle: Dodge Pickup
Service Date: 05/03/2017
Review Created: 05/05/2017
Massa E. on 04/28/2017
"Excellent service!"
The gentlemen were very clear and generous with answers and explanations to all my questions. The work done was impeccable and ended up cheaper than estimated!
Vehicle: Chrysler Town & Country
Service Date: 04/27/2017
Review Created: 04/28/2017 11:16 PM
Dee D. on 04/28/2017
"Friendly and very excellent car service"
I wont take my car anywhere else.
Vehicle: Hyundai Elantra
Service Date: 04/26/2017
Review Created: 04/28/2017 06:24 PM
Allan L. on 04/27/2017
Allan said they did an excellent job.
Vehicle: Ford Ranger
Service Date: 04/25/2017
Review Created: 04/27/2017
Lois and Paul F. on 04/26/2017
"Good communication enhances the repair experience"
A major maintenance (timing belt replacement) turned up some additional issues on our 17 year old car and we were informed by text messages as the work progressed so that we were able to okay the additional fixes, some of which were done at no additional labor cost.
We appreciated that the work was performed by certified mechanics and is guaranteed.
Vehicle: Plymouth Breeze
Service Date: 04/21/2017
Review Created: 04/26/2017 10:04 AM
anastasia m. on 04/25/2017
"Work was ok but the experience wasnt the best"
I came in with a code to service engine. I needed replacement O2 sensors and wheel hub assembly that the technician tried to emphasize as being "way too important to not get done right now." so I gave them the go ahead but I wasn't ready to spend $1300 on the fixings. I called around a couple shops and my fiance and his dad who both said to tell them to stop working on the car because they could do it for less than $400. I called the shop back within 20 minutes in which the technician informed me that they had already taken the parts off the car and if they were to put everything back together it would just cost just as much as the full service. I highly doubt that it took 20 minutes to unhook 2 O2 sensors and take off 2 full wheel hub assemblies. I felt like I was taken for a ride the whole time and overcharged. They never asked me if I wanted the high end parts or standard, they just went and ordered the most expensive parts and charged an inxreadulous labor for a job that I was informed was only 1.5 to 2 hour job at most.on top of that they didn't even call the correct number to tell me my car was fixed. So I had to practically run to try to get the car in time before they closed. I used to come to art of maintenance for my car repairs and tests, but now I know who these guys really are. Don't let the nice smiles fool you. Be prepared to become bankrupt.
Vehicle: Buick LeSabre
Service Date: 04/24/2017
Review Created: 04/25/2017 09:07 PM
ROBIN H. on 04/24/2017
"Thanks for the help in a pinch!"
We are from out of town, and were driving our well-maintained 1999 Chrysler Town and Country van to our son's apartment near the University of Portland. The battery discharge light came on while just after leaving the airport while on the interstate. We lost lights and power about 4 miles from our destination but were fortunately able to get to the shoulder of the road. We contacted AAA and they provided a tow. We went with Art of Maintenance, suggested by AAA as we had never needed any mechanical work in Portland before. We left our name, number and description of what happened in their key drop, and by 8 a.m. the next day, they contacted us and explained their diagnostic charge. Shortly thereafter, they called us saying that the alternator had to be replaced. They gave us a quote for a remanufactured OEM part. They stuck to the quote, and had the vehicle
road ready well before their estimated time of repair. They also did an inspection and warned us that we would need rear brake pads soon, but we preferred to return to our home town to have that performed. I did not feel that I was being pressured into having the additional work done by their shop. I was quite satisfied with such a nice ending to a pretty intimidating breakdown in a highly dangerous location. I greatly appreciated their prompt attention and quick turn-around to get us on our way again!
Vehicle: Chrysler Town & Country
Service Date: 04/21/2017
Review Created: 04/24/2017 08:05 AM
Lisa and Lamont W. on 04/22/2017
"PT Cruiser wont cruise."
Car would not steer. Luckily we live very close to shop and have been going there for years. Tension belts were shot. New owners but the seem to be carrying on with doing good work with a fair price. Car is running great. I have already recommended a co worker to this shop and they have used this shop and have gotten good results.
Vehicle: Chrysler PT Cruiser
Service Date: 04/19/2017
Review Created: 04/22/2017 08:22 AM
Grahm L. on 04/22/2017
Grahm said this business was helpful. They were fast.
Vehicle: Volkswagen Jetta
Service Date: 03/28/2017
Review Created: 04/22/2017
Fernando F. on 04/22/2017
Fernando said the business had good overall service, but he had expected more.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Impala
Service Date: 03/27/2017
Review Created: 04/22/2017
Rob R. on 04/21/2017
Rob said this business was great. He has been using this business for 25 years.
Vehicle: Ford Explorer
Service Date: 04/19/2017
Review Created: 04/21/2017
cassie t. on 04/20/2017
"Trusting service"
The staff and mechanics here develop a rapport with customers that really makes me trust them with my vehicles. They are always straightforward and kind, and I have never felt as though they want to do extra services just because.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Cruze
Service Date: 04/14/2017
Review Created: 04/20/2017 12:40 AM
Augus V. on 04/19/2017
Augus said this business did a good job and they did what they said they were going to do.
Vehicle: Buick Skylark
Service Date: 03/28/2017
Review Created: 04/19/2017
Dana S. on 04/13/2017
Dana said he and his family have received great service since the early 70's. The employees get him in and out.
Vehicle: Cadillac CTS