Auto Tech Clinic

Review for Auto Tech Clinic
DENNIS K. on 10/27/2011
"My Experience"
Hass:

My 2000 740iL with 160,000 miles was left at your shop from 8:30 AM and delviered to me at 4:30 PM.

You installed 2 struts and a lower control arm. You promised the vehicle back before 3:30 PM.

I was patient and called twice to get status on the repair, once at 1:30 PM and again at 3:30 PM.

My concern is as always, that I am getting what I paid for, and no less. That the work is done correctly and I have confidence it its performance. I mentioned to you that the car still had a wheel shimmy when it was returned. I went to a tire dealer and had all the tires rebalanced. Belle Tire was off on the wieghts and now it does not shimmy. However, at 40 MPH I get a shimmy when I slow down or speed up and it is accented by stepping on the brakes. Your alignment man Chris aligned the wheel properly and the car tracks well with the steering wheel centered. It was not centered when I was picked up in my car.
There seems to be a disconnect between what is said is being done, and when it will be finished. The communication process is poor at the least, yelling at customers when they are just trying to speak intellingently about their concerns, threatening them to take the car away, remove parts, and just explode because you are having a bad day is unnaceptable. Hass, I will not tolerate being abused by you or bullied by you because you want to defend the work practice without the customers undersatnding of what is going on.
Service Date: 10/25/2011