Automotive Specialty Services

Overall Rating 1.66667/5rating 1.66667rating 1.66667rating 1.66667rating 1.66667

Joe G. on 06/30/2017
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Professional, honest with quality customer care"
Having been a mechanic myself and having always repaired my own vehicles, most places fall short of my expectations. Automotive Specialty Service has raised the bar when it comes to automotive repair customer service and quality repairs. They completed a free AC system inspection and unfortunately found a leak. Upon finding the leak they promptly provided me with two alternatives for repair and did not demand nor pressure me into getting it repaired that day. They showed environmental awareness and concern by evacuating the AC system and not allowing it to just leak out until I could get it repaired. Because their estimate was fair and they treated me so well, when i could get it repaired I returned to them. When making the appointment they offered a loaner vehicle, which is very appreciated as it allows for no interruption in our day to day life. During repair of my vehicle they called me when it was questionable for the repair to be completed with out higher cost. They provided an alternative repair method that turned out to be less expensive than the original estimate. The AC works as expected and they even washed my vehicle. This shop has left a great first impression with me as their customer area is clean and friendly. I am writing this review (wish I normally never do) so they can know my great appreciation for their outgoing customer service and superior quality workmanship. Thank you Team and keep up the great work!
Service Date: 06/29/2017
Review Created: 06/30/2017 03:44 PM
Jerry F. on 03/22/2017
"Jeep radiator repair"
Fantastic service! The staff were friendly, honest, and professional. The office manager set me up with a loaner car, and sent pictures of my own car being repaired while I was away. The mechanic completed the repair quickly and cleaned up the engine compartment immaculately. This is my auto service destination from now on.
Service Date: 03/17/2017
Review Created: 03/22/2017 02:47 AM
David H. on 03/07/2017
"scam artists"
Discount auto replaced my tires. Unfortunately they accidentally broke a rear brake line. At which time they done a stand up admiral thing and said they will pay for repair and sent us to automotive specialist to do brake line. That at was all needed done.. ten minutes later after their tech took the car to back , they come out and say that I had a busted PVC line leading to radiator. And it will cost 200 dollars to repair. This car has ad no problem there. I denied them working and causing more problems with my vehicle. I had it towed off their premises and get it home and look and see the plastic rivets which secures part to frame was now busted as well. It's obvious that the tech left something sitting there when they tried to close the hood and the pcv line got busted while trying to close the hood. I will never bring another vehicle to them Again and will advise any and everyone who will listen to do the same. It's a shame that they wasn't professional enough to be stand up. And repaired what they damaged. The money isn't the principal I could of paid . But, I won't fall victim to automotive specialist CROOKS!!!!!!
Review Created: 03/07/2017 04:05 PM
Jon K. on 12/11/2016
"Overprice on parts "
Very professional place but I Went to get my car fixed because it was overheating and they said it was my radiator that needed replaced and they were going to charge me $700 dollars. I never got it fixed by them but I did take it in and my raditor is brand new, no problems only the heater core needed flushed and didn't cost me much at all so be careful. But besides that great service, ,check out what your car for free and they will give a free oil change if you get something repaired
Service Date: 12/15/2016
Review Created: 12/11/2016 12:45 PM
Ronald U. on 12/09/2016
"Late Night delimma "
Out of Town Christmas Shopping What to do now. When Backing car out of Kohl,s parking Lot in Avon gear shift would not engage. called AAA they sent Tow truck took us to Automotive spec services in Avon about 1 mile away We left a note in drop box that the vehicle would not move out of park ( It was 11 PM in the evening ) the next morning we called they said they would look at the car and let us know what the problem was. We were worried it was the transmission. Big Bucks !! We got a call the problem was a cable on the shifter was broken. fairly easy fix. Problem was taken care of Honestly and Correctly. They gave us free Towing also Definitely will give A.S.S. business in future if needed.
Service Date: 12/09/2016
Review Created: 12/09/2016 03:21 PM
Jerry M. on 11/09/2016
Verified badge inactive Verified
"tire alignment and brake replacement"
I came in because of their relationship to align my tires bought from Discount Tire. When I came into the shop, I noticed my brakes were squeaking and had them check it out. They had a "free brakes" promotion going on and I had the brake pads replaced and the service was very good. I also picked up information on other promotions they have, such as "oil changes for life", and will be back again.
Service Date: 10/18/2016
Review Created: 11/09/2016 11:27 AM
Jerry M. on 11/04/2016
"tire and brake repair"
I went in to have my new tires aligned and I noticed my brakes were starting to squeak a little. They identified I needed new brakes and replaced them with a new brake promotion they had going, as well as aligning my new tires and educating myself on all the offers they have for oil changes, and other car repairs. everyone was helpful and did the work on time, and provided a ride home and pick up when the repairs were done. I also got my E-Check done as well. Very happy with my first experience.
Service Date: 10/18/2016
Review Created: 11/04/2016 12:57 PM
Jacki S. on 10/13/2016
"Customer Service Experts"
Since I started going to Automotive Specialty Services in Avon I won't go anywhere else and refer them every chance I get...
Service Date: 10/12/2016
Review Created: 10/13/2016 03:24 PM
Dwight P. on 10/10/2016
"Honest"
I was given some very good advice and they were very honest. I will definitely return for any other service I might need in the future.
Service Date: 09/29/2016
Review Created: 10/10/2016 04:57 PM
Carol B. on 09/15/2016
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Automotive Specialty Services - GREAT SERVICE"
Let's face it. . . when you spend money on car repairs you want the job done correctly and you want incredible service. I love being treated like a valued customer. There's only one place to go. My trust was gained by the professionals at Automotive Specialty Services.
Service Date: 09/14/2016
Review Created: 09/15/2016 07:46 PM
Marilyn S. on 09/12/2016
"Good place"
Had an oil change today & during the process another issue was brought to my attention. After assessing the problem which DID need to be addressed, they immediately took care of the issue & had me on my way without having to make another appointment. Efficiency works for me every time.
Review Created: 09/12/2016 03:27 PM
Norm M. on 07/26/2016
Norm said he liked Phil and he is a personal friend. They accommodate him and almost always get him in on schedule.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Colorado
Service Date: 06/13/2016
Review Created: 07/26/2016
Mulchand G. on 07/25/2016
Mulchand said this business served him in a timely manner and the job was done well.
Vehicle: Ford Taurus
Service Date: 06/14/2016
Christopher T. on 07/25/2016
Christopher said he was saved a lot of money because the employees were able to by pass diagnostics and fix his problem.
Vehicle: Ford Focus
Service Date: 06/14/2016
Sally T. on 07/25/2016
Sally said Diane is super friendly and the staff at this business is always willing to work something out to help her and they accept coupons. They do a good job and if she has any issues, she can take her vehicle right back to them.
Vehicle: Honda Civic
Service Date: 06/15/2016
RICO C. on 06/30/2016
Verified badge inactive Verified
" GREAT SERVICE & CUSTOMER CARE"
I HAD MY ESCALADE & MY MERCEDES SERVICED HERE AND I WAS VERY IMPRESSED BY THEIR QUALITY OF WORK AND THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE. THEY ARE VERY PROFESSIONAL AND EVEN CALLED ME PERSONALLY TO MAKE SURE ALL WAS WELL AND THAT I WAS PLEASED WITH THEIR SERVICE.THIS IS A VERY RESPECTFUL AND COURTEOUS BUSINESS. OUR SON STARTED TAKING HIS CAR TO THEM AND INTRODUCED ME AND NOW I WILL BE TAKING ALL OF OUR VEHICLES TO THEM FROM NOW ON, INCLUDING OUR COMPANY VEHICLES.
Service Date: 06/02/2016
Review Created: 06/30/2016 04:51 PM
Eric J. on 06/30/2016
"Great Service at fair prices."
Took care of my vehicles issue and recommended future service with an estimate.
Vehicle: Mercury Mariner
Service Date: 06/24/2016
Review Created: 06/30/2016 04:19 PM
Matthew * B. on 06/27/2016
"Out of State Care"
My family lives out of state now and we still go back to Automotive Specialty to get the important work done. We just schedule it during our visits to my parents house. It is hard to find trustworthy people who will take good care of your vehicle and that is what this shop does for us. Thanks again.
Vehicle: Hyundai Entourage
Vehicle: Honda CR-V
Service Date: 06/22/2016
Review Created: 06/23/2016 06:30 AM
Diane M. on 06/22/2016
Diane said everyone at this business is very nice.
Vehicle: Jeep Commander