Bimmer PHD Motorsports

Anna B. on 08/02/2017
"Tim knows bimmer like a phd"
My 525i drives like almost new after spending a week at Bimmer Phd.
Vehicle: BMW 5 Series
Service Date: 08/01/2017
Review Created: 08/02/2017 09:39 PM
Charles S. on 08/01/2017
"Great, personalized service; careful and thoughtful diagnostic approach that leads to discussion of the options. Always well-considered advice and polite & professional."
I'm always impressed by the outstanding service at Bimmer PhD Motorsports.
Vehicle: BMW 550i
Service Date: 07/19/2017
Review Created: 08/01/2017 07:44 PM
David T. on 07/26/2017
"Thank you"
Tim and his staff are amazing. The amount of detail that goes into the inspection and finding out what needs to be fix is excellent. I was always informed and followed up by Tim and his staff every step of the way. I even received a detail inspection of what needs to be fixed via email along with pictures, which was really cool. They really take care of your vehicle and offer the best prices around. I would recommend anyone who needs their BMW repaired.
Vehicle: BMW 3 Series
Service Date: 07/25/2017
Review Created: 07/26/2017 09:03 PM
Walter B. on 07/14/2017
"Tim took a vacation."
I was glad to find out Tim and his family were able to take their long hoped for vacation to Europe. The service performed on my car was thorough and what I expected. I did not expect another cooling system leak after having what I thought was the entire system replaced. David the service adviser said he was going to email me the status report on my car complete with photos. It never arrived.
Vehicle: BMW 323i
Service Date: 06/21/2017
Review Created: 07/14/2017 09:49 AM
John P. on 07/13/2017
"The detailed car condition analysis with expert recommendations."
Excellent service.
Vehicle: BMW 645Ci
Service Date: 07/12/2017
Review Created: 07/13/2017 12:29 AM
Ben L. on 06/18/2017
"Tim the BMW Guru "
Read all the great reviews on Yelp and I have to say, they were spot on. Tim is a highly knowledgeable and capable individual who puts care into his work. He knows exactly what to do, and in my case even performed a courtesy inspection to make sure my ride was up to spec. I came in for an oil change and left with a professional installation of my performance sway bar on top of fixing some broken fender clips without me even asking. Outstanding customer service. I live in the valley where there are plenty of "Professional BMW Techs", but will gladly drive the distance to Bimmer PHD any day. Nobody puts in the same amount of care and passion into his work like Tim does. Outstanding customer service!
Vehicle: BMW M Coupe
Vehicle: BMW 528i
Service Date: 06/14/2017
Review Created: 06/16/2017 12:29 PM
Marco R. on 05/18/2017
"Comited to doing good work "
Ever since I bought my car here to bimmer Phd. It's never ran so good. They are extremely trust worthy.
Vehicle: BMW 335i
Service Date: 05/11/2017
Review Created: 05/18/2017 01:39 PM
Robert Y. on 04/30/2017
"Phd bimmer is an honest place super competent "
I took my used 2008 X5 for post purchase eval and Tim was completely honest. Against his best interests he told me it was a lemon. Tim has die hard BMW fans he meticulously cares for. I would never go elsewhere if I kept this car. But I think BMWs are too touchy for me. Tim is absolutely the dude and I really appreciate how I was treated.
Vehicle: BMW X5
Service Date: 04/12/2017
Review Created: 04/30/2017 07:40 PM
Yolanda V. on 04/20/2017
"Just like new again!"
For seven years I have take my 2010 528i to the BMW dealer for service. I purchased an extended warranty so it was a obvious choice.
The last two years a waste of money.
I am so happy that BimmerPhd got under the hood and it drives like new!
Highly recommend you!
Vehicle: BMW 528i
Service Date: 04/13/2017
Review Created: 04/20/2017 02:52 PM
Jonathan M. on 04/13/2017
"Best customer and service you can find!"
Too many things to say about this place! I come here for all my bmw needs becuase they know exactly what they are doing. I drive 2 hours literally just to bring my bmw here for seevice and everytime i come out happy knowing my baby(car) is in good hands:)
Vehicle: BMW 135i
Service Date: 04/11/2017
Review Created: 04/13/2017 10:03 PM
Jonathan L. on 03/31/2017
"Check them out."
TL;DR You have to bring your vehicle here if you have a BMW and it needs repairs or servicing.

First and foremost, I am getting a PhD in biomechanics and I say this because I appreciate meticulousness and learning. These guys spot all of the details and don't miss anything. I had a pre-purchase inspection performed on a future car I was interested in. The car looked IMMACULATE on the exterior and the engine bay, but they spotted small things that the dealership tried to cover up but couldn't: differential needs servicing, oil was found in the coolant, struts were leaking, expansion tank is ballooning, thermostat hoses are worn, brake fluid at 3% moisture and a whole slew of other things. Trust me, they don't miss a beat.

Secondly, Tim was really awesome. He explained everything in great detail and spent over an hour discussing questions, concerns or car parts with me. I have a fair amount of theoretical car knowledge (the part names, how they work, etc.) but I have about 3% practical knowledge (spotting it immediately in the car). Tim pretty much made my day. We were there about an hour after they closed and he showed me all of the areas of the car that had issues. We identified every piece of the car that he addresses had problems and I got to explore the car while it was raised and had an amazing learning experience.

As I said before, they are the most thorough car shop I know. For pricing - my observations are simply this: 1.) you'll pay less money if you go to a regular car mechanic than you will at BimmerPhD, 2.) you'll pay a lot more money if you go to a BMW dealership, 3.) BimmerPhD is somewhere in the middle, but probably leans towards the cheaper side and it will be well worth your money. IMO- most mechanics "identify" a problem and "fix" and hope they were right (unless it was a really obvious problem). Dealerships don't do anything really, they are the worst. BimmerPhD will charge a little more than your dealership but they will keep your car in better shape and save you money in the long run.
Vehicle: BMW Z4
Service Date: 03/29/2017
Review Created: 03/31/2017 07:24 AM
Terry G. on 03/30/2017
"They care"
It's hard to find people who actually care about their work and whose mentality isn't "this is broken, just buy a new one." I very much appreciate this in Bimmer PHD.
Vehicle: BMW 330i
Service Date: 03/10/2017
Review Created: 03/30/2017 11:11 AM
Heather U. on 03/22/2017
"Always Excellent "
I can't say enough good things about this repair shop. They are thorough, transparent and top-notch. After I drop my car off and they take a look at it, I receive an email with photos and an explanation of the problem, and Tim always then elaborates on what is needed and why. I actually feel like I have passing knowledge about how a car functions at this point simply because Tim gives such in-depth explanations about the repair work. Everyone who works there is friendly and customer service-oriented, and like the dealer they will get you a rental car if your repair takes longer than a day.

With car repair, you get what you pay for. I bought an expensive car, and I'm not surprised or upset that repairing it is sometimes costly; I've tried cheaper mechanics over the years and wound up having ongoing problems because of shoddy work and/or replacements parts. I want the job done well, and with Bimmer PhD I have peace of mind that when they say something is fixed, it is truly fixed. Three years of service on my car has demonstrated the quality of their work. My car is now over 100,000 miles and running smoothly, largely thanks to their staying on top of potential problems.
Vehicle: BMW 328xi
Service Date: 03/20/2017
Review Created: 03/22/2017 09:40 AM
Derek B. on 03/22/2017
Derek said the business is flexible and they work with his schedule.
Vehicle: BMW 745Li
Category: Service
Service Date: 03/13/2017
Review Created: 03/22/2017
Carla P. on 10/29/2011
"Tim is honest and reliable"
I am so lucky to have found these guys. I lost my job a while back and thought about getting rid of my car after my warranty ran out, I had no idea what I was going to do. Tim has been there for me every time. He worked with me to bring the car back to amazing working condition a little bit at a time, working on the most important parts first and always making sure he's within my budget. I highly recommend them for honesty and reasonable prices.
Service Date: 10/18/2011