JOHN A. on 08/16/2017
"Volvo Maintenance"
Thank you so much for investigating the noise in the Volvo rear end. Service like that is very much appreciated, and Bob's will be my go to guy as long as we live in Ridgefield. Go Navy!
Vehicle: Volvo S70
Service Date: 08/16/2017
Review Created: 08/16/2017 09:50 PM
SARAH W. on 08/09/2017
"Greatest service in the Pacific Northwest "
From my first encounter with "Bob's Auto", I experienced the best service I have ever experienced from any automobile service shop. They will let you know exactly what is the be done to your vehicle and the time it'll take to do it. There is always a family sort of air in the shop and they invite you in their space as friends. They have become very close friends. You can't get any better than that. You Dig?????
Vehicle: Toyota Sienna
Service Date: 08/08/2017
Review Created: 08/09/2017 08:35 AM
ALLEN S. on 07/31/2017
"Simply the BEST!"
I cannot say enough good things about Bob's Automotive. This is the place to go if you need any work done on your car. Bob is honest and fair. I have never had a bad experience with him in the 7 years my husband and I have been taking our vehicles to him. Cindy Shrader
Vehicle: Lincoln MKX
Service Date: 07/31/2017
Review Created: 07/31/2017 08:43 PM
IAN R. on 07/31/2017
"Oil change"
Always a pleasure, courteous and informative.
Vehicle: Dodge Pickup
Service Date: 07/31/2017
Review Created: 07/31/2017 08:31 PM
Phil G. on 07/28/2017
Phil said it was a good job, done in a timely manner. It actually cost less than originally thought. He definitely will be back when his vehicle needs more work.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Chevy Express
Service Date: 07/25/2017
Review Created: 07/28/2017
Jeremy D. on 07/26/2017
Jeremy said the staff did a good job.
Vehicle: Mercury Mountaineer
Service Date: 07/07/2017
Review Created: 07/26/2017
Mike C. on 07/26/2017
Mike said they do a good job, they're trustworthy and friendly. They get his vehicle in quickly.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Avalanche
Service Date: 07/12/2017
Review Created: 07/26/2017
Darrin F. on 07/25/2017
Darrin said the employees did exactly as promised within the exact quote they promised. It was a quick turnaround at a fair price.
Vehicle: Ford Taurus
Service Date: 07/11/2017
Review Created: 07/25/2017
Scott H. on 07/23/2017
Scott said he has already recommended the business. It is local and provides good service.
Vehicle: Ford Pickup
Service Date: 07/21/2017
Review Created: 07/23/2017
Louis O. on 07/23/2017
Louis said this business has always been good to him. They are straightforward and get things done in a timely manner.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Tahoe
Service Date: 07/21/2017
Review Created: 07/23/2017
Mark P. on 07/21/2017
Mark said he had a great experience with the business.
Vehicle: Toyota Sienna
Service Date: 06/27/2017
Review Created: 07/21/2017
JOANNE E. on 07/14/2017
"Nice ti be able to do business in Ridgefield!"
Appreciate being able to keep my business in my town. Always does good eork, prices are fair.
Vehicle: Nissan Xterra
Service Date: 07/13/2017
Review Created: 07/14/2017 08:03 AM
SUSAN W. on 07/13/2017
"Landcruiser serviced"
Exceptional service, fairly priced, prompt and.very trustworthy
Vehicle: Toyota Land Cruiser
Service Date: 07/13/2017
Review Created: 07/13/2017 08:20 PM
CORRINA H. on 07/11/2017
"Small town friendly service station"
Bob's Automotive is a small town gem located in downtown Ridgefield, WA. I am always greeted with a friendly welcome and the the mechanics are professional and knowledgeable. Bob, the owner is a great guy who truly cares about providing excellent service at an affordable price. I love this place!
Vehicle: Dodge Durango
Service Date: 07/11/2017
Review Created: 07/11/2017 08:28 PM
Bob H. on 06/27/2017
Bob said they were local.
Vehicle: Toyota Tacoma
Service Date: 06/13/2017
Review Created: 06/27/2017
Chris V. on 06/27/2017
Chris said they took care of his needs. It was done quickly.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Astro
Service Date: 06/12/2017
Review Created: 06/27/2017
Rachel S. on 06/24/2017
Rachel said the staff worked hard to get the job done quickly, so she would not have to pay more than she needed to, and they did a good job.
Vehicle: Saab 9-3
Service Date: 06/16/2017
Review Created: 06/24/2017
GERALD M. on 06/22/2017
"Regular lube and oil change"
As usual, Bob and his employees did exactly what they were asked to do for a very reasonable price.
Vehicle: Jeep Liberty
Service Date: 06/21/2017
Review Created: 06/22/2017 05:52 AM
Ken E. on 06/15/2017
Ken said this business was the best.
Vehicle: Volvo S60
Service Date: 06/13/2017
Review Created: 06/15/2017
Namon M. on 06/09/2017
Namon said this business wasn't welcoming. They were focused on money.
Vehicle: Chrysler 300
Service Date: 06/07/2017
Review Created: 06/09/2017
Bob F. at Bob's Automotive responded on 06/11/2017

Mrs. Martin called us on the moring of 7 June and asked if we could get their car in for an Washington State Emissions Waiver. She stated her husband had already worked on the car, but there were several codes that didn't mean anything and they didn't want to fix it because it would cost too much. As I was asking her some questions, that she didn't know the answer for, she handed the phone to her husband. He said he was owned a truck repair business in Ridgefield and he worked on the car, scanned it with a "code reader", repaired it to the point it was running good and he just wanted as waiver. I told him to bring it in, we were busy, but we would fit him in on that day. The wife dropped the car off and that afternoon we brought it in and started going through the prescribed Washington State Procedures for Emissions Repair. "Code Readers" only provide basic Federally Regulated Emissions information, where as we use a computerized scanner that costs $15,000. We found Mr. Martin's vehicle has 7 codes stored in the system and 3 were for basic engine operation, which is necessary for the electronics to operate efficiently. They are Metered fuel, Metered air and Metered spark. without these three system operating as desigend any electronic emissions sensor information will be unreliable. Mr. Martin's Chrysler had unmetered air getting into his engine. After performing a Non-Toxic Pressured Smoke test of his intake system we found the Intake Manifold and the EGR Valve to be leaking. I called Mr. Martin and explained this to him and gave him an estimate for the Intake Manifold repair, the EGR was new he had just installed it, the brand was one I would NEVER USE cheap Chinese knockoff! Mr. Martin responded very firm and insistant that he only wanted a waiver. So I had our Tech continue his testing and finish the job. We spent nearly 1.5 hours on Mr. Martin's car, we followed the Washington State Law to the letter (they set the minimum charge at $150.00, not us) We gave Mr. Martin his money's worth and then some. He was billed $176, sales tax and fees are not a waiverable expense! He got a full explanation of what was wrong and why certain steps needed to be done in order to prevent replacing parts that function, but are currently, just getting incorrect info. Mr. Martin came flying into our lot on his "Harley" right before closing, to get his vehicle. He came in trying to act like a "tough biker"  Through his money on our desk, said "Is this what I need" as I was getting his change, asked for the keys, gave them to his wife told her to go on, looked at me and said "This is all I get for my money? What did you do" I started to explain we did exactly what he asked for and what we found out, he called me a F--N thief and stormed out. Got on his Harley pulled into the street, off to the side where gravel is still laying from the winter and proceeded to spin his tire throwing gravel on the front of one of our customer's cars chipping the windshield. I am 66 years old and I have been in business here since I got out of the service 24 years ago! If I was "all about money" as Mr. Martin said, I would have ripped people off for enough by now to retire, but no I'm still working every day and I enjoy what I do. I and our Technician's are "Trained Professionals" the attend 10 hours of training every quarter to stay current in this industry. We have the best and latest equipment on the market, because we want our customer's vehicles to be serviced and repaired correctly. So to anyone that reads this, IF ALL YOU WANT US TO DO IS PROVIDE YOU WITH THE REQUIREMENTS FOR A WASHINGTON STATE EMISSIONS WAIVER, PLEASE GO SOMEWHERE ELSE! DON'T COME HERE BECAUSE THE GOVERNMENT IS MAKING YOU! Now if you want our services, we are happy, ready and willing to help you. I believe the other 600+ good reviews on here will attest to that and show what we are all about!
For God, Country and All Veterans