LINDA K. on 06/18/2015
"Nothing change/wrong year of car"
Number 1. My car is a 1998 not 1999.
Number 2. My licence plate is not 881-XCO. Has not changed on invoice.
Number 3. My address is not 7509, it has been changed.
All of these are changed or over looked. How many other invoices are over looked and said about their car is not the right year?
Vehicle: Honda Civic
Service Date: 06/17/2015
Review Created: 06/18/2015 09:18 AM
Bob F. at Bob's Automotive responded on 06/19/2015

Mrs Keasy, I realize you are upset because we gave your car a physical and found the issues you are having a a little more expensive than spark plugs, I would think that if we followedf your initial request and performed a tune up and yet you still had the same problem that wiuld be our fault too! The fact is we drove you 8 miles to your house, diagnosed your car, gave you a complete report on the issues required to fix your car. We saved you the cost of repairs you wanted done , that didn't need to be done, we used the same license #, address that was in our files from your last visit, July 2011 and the year of your car comes from our system. We put your VIN # in our system and your vehicle information is brought up. Most likely yopur vehicle was built in June, July or August of 98. However thisis the third time in 5 years you have visited our business, the first time we performed repair the second and this time you simply wanted to know what the vehicle needed so you cou buy your own parts and have a neighbor install them. Exactly as you told me on the phone! So I am asking you to not bother us again! We try to keep our diagnostic charges down to "Costs" only. But your complaint is only about my clerical skills not our tecnial abilities. OK! The License # is your old number, not one I made up, your address is your old address, I din't know it changed, you never told me it changed and the vehicle year came from your VIN#. Now I fully understand what you want from us, so let's agree to "divorce" you find another shop that will operate as you desire and we will continue our operations. Thank You Have a great life!

Megan L. on 01/16/2013
Megan said the business overcharges. She would not recommend this business, but she chose not to elaborate.
Vehicle: Scion xD
Category: Service
Service Date: 01/10/2013
Review Created: 01/16/2013
Bob F. at Bob's Automotive responded on 01/18/2013
Ms Lawton had her vehicle towed to our business with a complaint of "vehicle not starting". We brought the vehicle in direectly off the tow truck and started diagnostic testing. We tested for diagnostic trouble codes (found none), fuel pressure (within spec), ignition (good spark from coil) and the timing (operting normally). We found all systems operational and within manufacturer specifications. Further testing found the vehice had "Flooded" on a cold morning start up, most likely due to a poor tune parts condition. We reccommended a vehicle tune and fuel injection flush. With the customers approval of the work suggested and the price of the estimated work, we completed repairs. 7 days later Ms Lawton's boyfriend returned and complained the vehicle mileage had gotten extremely bad, down to 10 MPG from what he stated was a 38 mpg average before we completed repair of the vehicle. I asked him if the car was running ok and he stated it ran fine, it was just getting horrible fuel mileage. This didn't make any sense to me. How could the fuel mileage have fallen to 10 mpg from a manufacturer stated average of 33 mpg and the vehicle run "good"? However I asked that he return the vehicle as soon as possible, because a condition such as that could cause serious damage. Upon the vehicles return we checked the condition, Checked our work and the current exhaust gas readings, all systems were normal. We found the fuel tank to be nearly full and the on-board computer system showing a 28.7 MPG average. Having owned a 2008 Scion xD for 4 years, I was very familiar with the on-board computer system operation and I tried to explain to Ms Lawton's boyfriend taht after filling the fuel tank the computer "zero's" the mpg average and starts at zero mpg, then averages the mileage against the fuel used as you drive, therefor your average immiediately after a fill upo will be low but it rises rapidly as you drive. Needless to say he didn't belive us. I'm sure that they will see a much higher average mpg as the fuel is consumed. I am sad that Ms. Lawton feels that $339 including sale tax is too much to pay for 3 hours of work and 4 iridium spark plugs ($14 ea.) a fram air filter ($16) and the chemicals used to clean the fuel injection. If she truly thought we were over charging, I find it odd that Ms. Lawton has not called us or otherwise contacted us, since she ok'd the iniotial repair, just her boyfriend. If I thought I was being overcharged, first I would never have "OK'D" the initial work and secondly I would speak directly to the business manager. I think they were embarsssed they didn't fully understand their vehicles operation and in society today, many people refuse to accept they made a mistake, issues are always somebody else's fault and the computer and social media makes it easy to "lay blame" without fear. We did everything above board, our charges were fair, reasonable and Ms Lawton's vehicle is performing just as Toyota manufactered it to! I find it sad for a good customer take action like this without first even contacting or speaking to me first.