Bonita Valley Auto Care

Review for Bonita Valley Auto Care
PHILLIP C. on 05/15/2013
"Very expensive"
The labor rates for European cars is slightly lower than the dealership. And this is also the only shop I have encountered where the diagnostic charge isn't rolled into the total bill.

It cost me $110 to have them look at it. Kinda steep, but I can accept that. However all other repair shops I have dealt with, essentially, waived the fee once the job was complete.

For example, if the diagnostic discovered the oil trap needed to be replaced and the cost was $400. That would be your cost. Not $510. And the other shops I have used in the past are all ASE blue shield shops.
Vehicle: Volvo 850
Service Date: 05/13/2013
Review Created: 05/15/2013 06:05 AM
Bill B. at Bonita Valley Auto Care responded on 05/15/2013
Thank you for using our review process. With regards to the diagnostic fees charged, those not charging them I have found are rolling them into the repair, making the repair more expensive to compensate. Otherwise they would loose their technicians who aren't getting paid for their time. I don't like this approach. Keep in mind all of our repairs come with a 2 year 24,000 mile warranty. This you won't even find at the dealership. I hope you would reconsider using us in the future.