Bonita Valley Auto Care

Review for Bonita Valley Auto Care
SIMEON C. on 10/03/2013
"Just Telling the Truth"
This AAA referral is very unsatisfactory. Took the car Monday afternoon, waiting for Carlos, the auto care rep to call me Tuesday morning but no call. So I called him around noon time and he said that there must be a big problem with your car and I ask what is wrong with it and he answered he does not know. Really frustrated so I went there around past noon and told them that I will just pull the car out and the manager named Terry told me to talk to the mechanic named Dale. The mechanic seems to know what he was saying and he was trying to find where the problem is since they probably do not have a computer for this diagnose it so he is spending a lot of time. He said the battery went low and he had to charge it and he will let me know in an hour. Went home and waited for a couple of hours till around 3:00 and told me that they will change the fuel filter and this will cost me $1300. I Pulled the car from Bonita Auto Care and took it to the dealer and they replace the fuel sending unit and cost me only $180. I brought the car Bonita Auto Care thinking that it will cost me less to have it fixed compared to taking it to the dealer. It was a mistake and fuel pump will only cost me $507 to have it fix at the dealer. I am not sure if Bonita Valley Auto Care is ripping me off and was charging me $930 something for just the fuel pump. Very frustrating but this is true. And I have to pay Bonita Care for the diagnostic. Rating should be zero, can't save without putting a star there.
Vehicle: Scion xD
Service Date: 10/01/2013
Review Created: 10/03/2013 09:17 PM
Bill B. at Bonita Valley Auto Care responded on 10/04/2013

I am truly sorry your experience to our facility was unpleasant. We strive to provide the best affordable service with the longest warranty in the market today.  I spoke with the technician and on this vehicle there are many areas that need to be checked to verify that the fuel pump is faulty.  As far as the price, Toyota has taken upon themselves to make the independants unable to compete with price with this particular part. Most of the time this is not the case.  We would by no means knowingly overcharge anyone. We have come across this same problem with clutches on Mini Coopers. In conclusion, we continue to price with the same margins as we did 12 years ago with many satisfied customers raving how we were cheaper than the dealer.  Sorry for any inconvenience you may have suffered.