Bonita Valley Auto Care

Review for Bonita Valley Auto Care
DANIELLE F. on 11/03/2014
"2006 Volvo S40"
Brought my girlfriends car in after it died across the street from your shop. The alternator was burned out, so i assumed it would be an easy fix, and not too expensive. The quote given to her was for an alternator, a battery, and an oil change for $900. The price quote for the alternator alone was in the area of $350, and the one i bought from napa was $250. The battery didn't need to be replaced, and we still have 2,000 miles left on the oil (which was crystal clear by the way) before we need to change it out again. I am disgusted by your business' attempt to swindle a female customer, and it is you that gives mechanics everywhere a bad reputation. I have been in aviation maintenance for 10 years, certainly no stranger to a car engine, yet the gentleman at the counter was doing his best to try and talk me into going through with your recommendations. No thanks. I understand you need to make some money in the process, but what your business tried to do was wrong.
Vehicle: Volvo S40
Service Date: 10/02/2014
Review Created: 11/03/2014 02:28 PM
Bill B. at Bonita Valley Auto Care responded on 11/05/2014

I'm sorry if my advisor didn't meet your expectations.  I reviewed the service order and spoke with the service advisor to hopefully clear up any wrong doings.  If I am inaccurate please email me directly at bonitavalleyautocare@gmail.com. He spoke to the gentleman about having the oil changed as it was a quart low and no oil change sticker was present. Also when our technician tested your battery with our Napa Mid-tronics tester it responded with battery failing.  Sometimes a battery will last longer, but best practice for quality repair would include battery with those readings. Once again I apologize for any inconvenience you may have endured.