Bonita Valley Auto Care

Review for Bonita Valley Auto Care
ALBERTO G. on 12/24/2014
"estimate was not the actual price "
When my daughter bring the car for noise during running and idling was so loud. I called to get the exact estimate before I authorized the repair. I was told that it will be $740.00 dollars to replace both bearings. So I said to go ahead but I even ask for any discount and he said I have already given you already. Then I called multiples times it was not mention to me that there was additional cost for $270.00 dollars I ask he said that it was necessary for the bearing to be press in to the shaft. A bearing for pressing it to the shafts hold not be additional expense it should be on the original estimate. This is really very bad experience any repair shop I go to in my entire life. If it was parts that were broken after the car open up I can understand but still you notify your customer as soon as you know that there's an additional expenses that the original price. Not when you are getting ready to pickup the car.
Vehicle: Toyota 4Runner
Service Date: 12/22/2014
Review Created: 12/24/2014 07:48 PM
Bill B. at Bonita Valley Auto Care responded on 12/27/2014

Hi Alberto, this is Bill Ballard, owner of Bonita Valley Auto Care.  I have spoken with my service advisor and even though he discounted the repair order for the additional service needed, the cost for the service never should exceed the original estimate.  I don't like to add any surprises to our customers who trust us to repair their vehicles.  Email me at and I will set up your refund to the original estimate of $740.  Also I would like to offer you $20 in gas for the inconvenience.