Bottom Line Maintenance & Repair

Review for Bottom Line Maintenance & Repair
JOHN T. on 04/08/2013
"All I Wanted Was New Fuse. . ."
I recently visited Bottom Line Auto to have a fuse replaced in my '03 Olds Silhouette with 150,000+ miles on it. Instead of simply replacing the fuse, which should have cost $10.00, I was charged over $100.00 and given a long explanation regarding what caused the fuse to blow. I never asked them to determine what caused the damn fuse to blow, nor did I care. So instead of charging me $10 or $15.00 and getting the van back with new fuse in place, I end up out over $100.00 with the new fuse in place. Why would I ever go back there?
Vehicle: Oldsmobile Silhouette
Service Date: 04/04/2013
Review Created: 04/08/2013 06:01 AM
Roger N. at Bottom Line Maintenance & Repair responded on 04/10/2013
Im sorry that you were not satified with your service performed. I had the understanding when we discussed the condition of the wiring at at the trailer harness ( shorted and melting) that the harness needed to be removed to 1, allow the tail lamps to operate and 2, prevent any other expense because of the wire burn. Just reinstaling a fuse would not have fixed this problem John..to replace the fuse would have immeditately failed ( tested with circuit breaker by technician) I only repaired what was nessasary to get your tail lamps and IPC panel operating. Once again I am sorry if there was any miscommunication on my part. It is my most important endeavor in my business to make sure my customers are satified and understand the reason for their repairs. Thanks for the opportunity to work on your vehicle I consider it a privaledge .