Cook's Tire And Tune

Overall Rating 2.4999975/5Overall Rating 2.4999975/5rating 2.4999975rating 2.4999975rating 2.4999975
WILBERT P. on 04/20/2017
"denied claims and broke lug nuts"
they change my tundras axle dec.2016 now leaks and they ignore claims stating its not leaking!? Tim and mike confirms they said check 3 times and won't check it with me when get there..I'm sure my deferential fluid is out since leaking gone pressurme out of deferential fluid...I'm coming back for you guys if somethings breaks on my deferential! I have all in video Tim your denial that my axle is not leaking!..
Vehicle: Toyota Tundra
Service Date: 04/19/2017
Review Created: 04/20/2017 09:20 PM
Bryan C., owner at Cook's Tire And Tune responded on 04/20/2017

Wilbert,

Hi Wilbert it's Bryan Cook. Would you mind giving me a call at the shop tomorrow morning? Doesn't sound like my guys handled this situation properly. (714)870-0100 . I will be in at 7am-11am. If your not available please leave me a number to reach you. I will Get to the bottom of this asap. Thank You

David J. on 04/10/2017
David said his vehicle is still running the same after service.
Vehicle: Lexus GX 470
Category: Service
Service Date: 04/05/2017
Review Created: 04/10/2017
Bryan C., owner at Cook's Tire And Tune responded on 04/13/2017

Hello sir, glad we got this issue resolved.

Thank you and see you next service!

dave l. on 01/05/2017
Verified badge inactive Verified
"rip off"
The price for the tires was fair but u added 15 bucks per tire for mounting and balance, 3 bucks per tire for disposal plus 3more bucks per tire for some other misc bullshit. Very disappointed! Never coming back, u frickin blew it!
Service Date: 07/11/2015
Review Created: 01/05/2017 09:19 AM
VINCENT C. on 08/04/2016
"Paid for nothing..."
As I drove off my check engine light wet right back on
Vehicle: Nissan Maxima
Service Date: 08/02/2016
Review Created: 08/04/2016 10:01 PM
Bryan C., owner at Cook's Tire And Tune responded on 08/05/2016

We stand behind our work here at Cook's and will gladly help resolve this issue for you. please let me know when I can re-schedule your vehicle in and address the light for you. If there is a problem we are here for you and would love nothing more than to take care of you as a customer.

Charles T. on 05/29/2016
Verified badge inactive Verified
"$5000+ AND THE ONLY THING I HAVE TO SHOW FOR IT IS A SCRATCHED UP WINDOW"
I really liked these guys. My biggest issue is that THEY ARE NOT THOUROUGH... I understand that you are busy, but SMH...

ON THE CADILLAC, everything you "fixed" had to be brought back, billed again, and NEVER FIXED. The stalling issue was NOT FIXED. The dragging issue was NOT FIXED. If you were THOUROUGH, I believe you would have figured out the line was bad and the shocks needed to be replaced. Instead you swapped out the compressor that did not need to be swapped out for $1000, to later bypass all together, and add a manual pump. If you would have tested the car you would have know it was still stalling and draging before it left the shop.

ON THE LEBARON, if you didnt have the time to properly check it out, you should have said something, I would have understood, and took it somewhere else, instead you just pushed it down the road. Telling me to keep driving then when I tell that I had to get the head rebuilt Steve says "We coulda got it done for cheaper"

CAR # 1
I brought my 1983 Chrysler LeBaron to Cooks. It had just over 64000 miles on it and it would not turn over and the brakes were not working. I let them know it had been sitting in a garage for eight years. I spent 1285.79 total in reparing the carburetor and replacing master cylinder.

Right after I got the car back and got home I noticed smoking coming from the engine. I immediate took it back to Cooks to check it out. When I got there he had someone take a look at it, within 15 minutes he said I just need to drive a couple hundred miles get some high grade gasoline circulating because it has been sitting for so long, and then bring it back.

I did just that, and brought it back, I told them it was still smoking everytime I drive it. They checked it out overnight. At the end of the next day, Steve again assured me that nothing was wrong, he had personally checked out the car himself, and that I can come pick it up.

To me this is a Classic and I treat it as such. I drive it maybe once a week on sunny days. One day I am driving and the engine goes out. I have it towed to a shop. Within 5 minutes the guy says your radiator is bad. I paid $2300 in a rebuild, and the mechanic told me it was definitely a bad radiator that was causing the car to smoke.

CAR #2
I took my 91 Cadillac in and let them know that the car keeps stalling out and the back of the car was dragging. I also let them know I had just replaced the Idle Control Module
Brian originally called and told me that changing the fuel injector and changing to a factory Idle Control Module would fix the stalling issue. He also stated that the car needed a new compressor.

I agreed to all of their suggestions. I let Steve know that the compressor did work because the care does not start dragging until you drive for a while. I told him specifically, that is fine for a while but by the end of the trip the back of the car is dragging. He again stated it had to do with the compressor. I felt they were the professionals, so I agreed. The bill for that portion around $2500

When I get the car back he said we were good to go. I also noticed a huge black mark and a tear in my window tint. A few blocks away from the shop the car stalled. I got the car home and the next morning I called took it back to Cooks. Steve later called and said that it was the PCM and it was going to cost another $432. I agreed.

Next the car is still dragging, so I go back again, Steve later calls and says there is a leak in the wire and they are putting a bypass on it where I can take a pump and manually pump it up. Then said the car was ready and I had another $210 bill, but he was going to try to give me a discount he felt bad for me.

As soon as I got to the shop I started questioning him about the compressor not being the issue like I had stated in the beginning, and that I paid $1000 for something that was not the issue, and your fix is to bypass my $1000 fix. He stated that he had already zeroed out my bill and I owed nothing.

Then it failed smog. I took it back to Cooks and they said they could not work on it, they could be fined. Come to find out that a block plate was placed over the EGR Valve. As soon it was removed and the EGR Valve was put back on the car it stalled out just like it was doing when I first brought it to Cooks. Fixed that the stalling issue was gone.

After talking to Steve he said he talked to Brian and as of now, there are willing to do nothing. They are taking responsibility for nothing.
Service Date: 12/28/2015
Review Created: 05/29/2016 12:01 AM
LUIS C. on 05/18/2016
"Brake job"
Not a thorough job and now I need to have my brakes checked again
Vehicle: Toyota Sequoia
Service Date: 04/30/2016
Review Created: 05/18/2016 01:18 PM
TINESA M. ReScore Review on 03/31/2016
Recommended? Yes
Surecritic checkman logo Verified
"Customer service "
I have spoke to Steve @cooks today and he apologized for the citation and promised that I would not experience a problem again.I was very pleased with his customer service for calling me and apologizing to me for another employee
Vehicle: Kia Forte
Service Date: 03/28/2016
Review Created: 03/30/2016 11:57 AM

"Customers services"
I have been going to cooks sence it opened but every time I go in for service the general man Tim is so so so rude and does not have good customer service. I only want to go in to get service when he's not there ....
Vehicle: Kia Forte
Service Date: 03/28/2016
Review Created: 03/30/2016 11:57 AM
Bryan C., owner at Cook's Tire And Tune responded on 03/31/2016

THANK YOU FOR EXPLAINING THE SITUATION, YOU ARE A VALUED CUSTOMER AND WE HAVE REMEDIED THE PROBLEM.

STEVE EASLEY