Cook's Tire And Tune

Overall Rating 2.4999975/5Overall Rating 2.4999975/5rating 2.4999975rating 2.4999975rating 2.4999975
MICHAEL M. on 07/08/2017
"Great Service Poor Quality "
My wife recommended Cooks. She use to have him work on her car before he opened his own business, so I thought it would be a great option other than the dealership. In fact, this was my first time not using the dealership. I have to say that the service was excellent!! Very friendly and welcoming. I went in for a radiator, and paid over $1,100. I left my car there overnight. Dealerships usually give a rental car option, this was not offered by Cooks, which was fine at the time. After picking up my car the next day, I drove it less than a mile and the radiator was leaking!! Fluid was spraying all over the engine from a broken seal on the radiator cap!!! This was a brand new radiator with new hoses!!! I paid over $1,100 and had to drive it back to Cooks immediately. They told me it had fluid build up and that is what I saw dripping from under the car. I told them its actually spraying out and showed them a video I took. At this point the associate yelled at someone in the garage "hey! The Altima is back and its leaking!! Can you check it out?!?" It was the seal that they did not replace. We are human and we make mistakes. Not a big deal. But I had to leave my car another whole day while trying to figure out how to get back and fourth to work. I picked up my car the next day, both associated were on the phone and did not acknowledge me with a welcome. They handed my car key to me and said thanks while still on the phone. I get into my car and the tire pressure light is still on...I assumed they would have put air in the tire as the dealerships usually do, as a courtesy. I have to say that I am not impressed. I was quite mad at the situation. 2 days of work for a 3-6 hour job and the job wasn't even completely finished. Would I go back? I'm not sure. I really liked the first impression I got. But did not like the last impression....which is more important? Guess we will find out when I need more work done. Or should I say, when I have the money to get more work done.
Vehicle: Nissan Altima
Service Date: 07/06/2017
Review Created: 07/08/2017 07:49 AM
JACK N. on 06/23/2017
"I had ordered Mobile 1 (15000 mile) but was given oid that must be changed after only 5000 miles."
Quite disappointed in regard to your service. Had been informed that my car was being worked on after waiting for two hours. Walked down to the car several times and it was just sitting there not being worked on. Was informed within another hour that camber and caster could not be performed. Not very satisfied with your lackluster performance.
Vehicle: Ford Taurus
Service Date: 06/21/2017
Review Created: 06/23/2017 01:51 PM
Bryan C., owner at Cook's Tire And Tune responded on 06/24/2017

Mr. Nelson,

Thank you for giving us your time and allowing us to make this right. We hope to see you again soon and we appreciate your business.

Bryan Cook
MIKE H. on 06/09/2017
"Alignment "
I came here in November (2016) to get my front end aligned. I came back a couple of weeks ago because my left front tire was warn on the outside. I explained that I had the alignment 7 months ago and showed him how my tire has worn. I rotated my tires and gave this place another shot at my business. So I had my tires aligned and it drifts to the left the same as my last alignment from Cook’s. I had also explained that I was going on a road trip and, if possible to check my air pressure in my tires and I took the spare out so they had easy access to it. My tire pressure was set to 35psi on all tires and I didn’t get air in my spare. I took the spare out after the alignment and asked again to put air in. I then took my car down the road and set my air pressure to what it is supposed to be set to. I needed proper tire pressure as I was going on a trip, as explained. I wanted to give this place my business but I am not sure I will be back. I need to get my car aligned so I get the proper usage out of my tires.
Vehicle: Mazda 3
Service Date: 05/27/2017
Review Created: 06/09/2017 06:23 AM
Bryan C., owner at Cook's Tire And Tune responded on 06/10/2017

Hey Mike,

Thank you so much for giving us the opportunity to resolve your alignment issue. I'm glad that we came to a conclusion that made sense and we hope to see you again in the future should you ever need any assistance with vehicle issues or repairs.

Bryan Cook
SEAN B. on 10/16/2016
"Quick service, ridiculously overpriced."
I understand that California places many taxes and pricey regulations on small mechanic shops, but over 400 dollars for some spark plug/wire harness work seems a bit much, when I know other locations further away that will do it for less.
Vehicle: Ford Taurus
Service Date: 10/12/2016
Review Created: 10/16/2016 01:24 AM
John K. on 06/18/2016
John said he would recommend the business for simple repairs like tires and oil changes but he would not recommend them for heavier repairs.
Vehicle: Audi A6
Category: Service
Service Date: 05/07/2016
Review Created: 06/18/2016
Bryan C., owner at Cook's Tire And Tune responded on 06/20/2016

After our conversation, I appreciate your input and I am glad to see you have made a good choice in a new vehicle. I look forward to continuing our relationship and seeing you for your next service. Thank you for your patronage.

Steve Easley

Justin V. on 04/10/2015
Justin said the business promised him an alignment but it was not done. The tire and rim lug nuts were frozen, so he had to break them. The brake dust shield was bent. He paid $300 for work, some of which he had to resolve himself. He would not recommend them for the reasons already mentioned.
Vehicle: Jeep Wrangler