Corvette Specialty

Overall Rating 1.0/5rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0

Latest Review about 5 years ago

Dennis M. on 10/02/2011
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Defective automotive repair service"
`Beware, I had my air conditioning repaired by Corvette Specialty on my C4. They stripped one of the mounting bolts for the compressor. The bolt came lose on the I 10 between Riverside and Phoenix. It went through my aftermarket premium AL radiator. I had to have my car towed from Indio to Phoenix. In Phoenix I had my car repaired. They had to install a helicoil in Al cylinder head and re-install the bolt. Luckily I was able to get my radiator weld repaired. This was about a $2000.00 job becasue a mecanic at Corvette Specialty either does not know how to torque a bolt or used a fast and dirty air tool on it. We also had a problem with the battery going dead. Corvette Specialtiy said the battery drain would be very hard and very expensive to fix. With a little work with a volt meter I found that the glove box switch was stuck on. I repaired the switch and the problem went away. I did this my self and I would hate to discover what Corvette Specialty would have charge or even if they would have been able to find it. They stripped one of the mounting bolts for the compressor. The bolt came lose on the I 10 between Riverside and Phoenix. It went through my aftermarket premium AL radiator. I had to have my car towed from Indio to Phoenix. In Phoenix I had my car repaired. They had to install a helicoil in Al cylinder head and re-install the bolt. Luckily I was able to get my radiator weld repaired. This was about a $2000.00 job becasue a mecanic at Corvette Specialty either does not know how to torque a bolt or used a fast and dirty air tool on it. We also had a problem with the battery going dead. Corvette Specialtiy said the battery drain would be very hard and very expensive to fix. With a little work with a volt meter I found that the glove box switch was stuck on. I repaired the switch and the problem went away. I did this my self and I would hate to discover what Corvette Specialty would have charge or even if they would have been able to find it. Now that I have gotten the car away from them it has been running fine for over three years. If you have any respect for your Corvette and your wallet keep your car out of their shop. My husband had a much worse experience with them on his C4. Eve Millett 623-399-8529 When my wife wrote this she did not included that she had to have the car towed from Indio to the Az border and then another tow truck form the border to Phoenix. because the AC bolt went through the AL radiator. Corvette Specialty also installed a high pressure fuel pump on my wife's 84 Crossfire C4 that has a low pressure fuel injection system. The high pressure fuel pump that they installed caused the fuel injection to malfunction and again I had to have the car towed and the fuel pump replaced with a proper low pressure pump. If these guys can't even replace a fuel pump you can imagine what else they are capable off. When I told Micheal about the high pressure fuel pump he showed me a down load from the web where some guy put a high pressure fuel pump on a Crossfire Corvette. Do you want a company that goes to the web to find out how to fix your car? Dennis Millett
Service Date: 06/12/2006
Review Created: 10/02/2011 05:07 PM
Dennis M. on 09/27/2011
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Corvette Specialty Does Bad Mechanical Work"
Very Bad Shop. If you have any engine work to be performed do not take your car here. These guys may know how to paint but do not do good mechanical work. I took my Corvette there to have a 383 engine installed, a Richmond six speed installed, a new radio and have it painted. They my know how to paint but not much more. Even the paint job was scrached bad when they delivered the car to me.When they installed my new 383 engine they left out the transmission pilot bushing. With no pilot bushing they wrecked my high performance AL fly wheel, my Centerforce clutch and my $3500. Richmond Transsmission. They also said they could not tune my car because I installed a full race cam. I installed the cam that Crain recomened with a resonably mild idle for fuel injected engines. (no full race cam, that was just an excuse because they don't know how adjust valves) When I took the car to a shop that knew what they were doing (AZ TPI). AZ TPI found that the crank bushing was left out and that I had to buy a new flywheel, my transmission had to be rebuilt (it is still not right) and one of the push rods was out of position (not activating a valve) and that was why CorvetteSpecialties could not tune my care. They eventually gave me $5000.00 for the mess they created. The $5000 was based on the bill from AZ TPI for the missing crank bushing, transmission rebuild, valve adjusted properly, chip dynomometer tuning after the valves were adjusted and paint repair after the rear fender was scratched at Corvette specialty. I accepted the $5000 repayment before I fully understood the full extent of the damage they did to my car. This is their admission that their work was defective. They told me that they fired the mechanic. My new radio does not work, my air conditioning does not work one and my winshield wipers will not work and my transmission leaks and vibrates. I have photos, videos and reciepts for everything I have said. Be sure that you keep track of any parts you take to them, new or used, as they did not return may of them. They denied they ever had them or how the parts got Lost . I give my word that every thing I have stated is true. Call me if you want more details or conformation. You can also call Jeff at AZ TPI he saw and inspected the car when it was towed from Michael Bensaid's shop directly to AZ TPI Arizona. He also talked with Bensaid about what he found on my car. I am writting this because I love Corvettes and would not want what happened to me to happen to you. Please do not take your Corvette there. They deserve this review because they did a very bad job on my car and I paid them $45K, I would never had got my self in this situation with them if I had read a review like this. I now live in Arizona and can not drive my car in the summer because the air conditioning does not work because the wiring is not right. Corvette Specialty had my car for 5 years and I paid them over $45000 for the work they did .
Service Date: 03/01/2008
Review Created: 09/27/2011 01:59 PM
JOHN W. on 08/28/2011
"John Webb review"
It is my opinion that Corvette Specialty is 100% a rip off location. I have spent several thousands of dollars and each time I have been there my car has come out in worse condition then when it went in. They have held my car on one occasion in excess of 8 months for repairs. The last time they have told me we charged you for the repairs but we can not guarantee the work wee did. I would warn anyone that reads this to stay away!
Service Date: 08/09/2011