Crabtree Automotive Inc.

Overall Rating 2.0/5Overall Rating 2.0/5rating 2.0rating 2.0rating 2.0
Review for Crabtree Automotive Inc.
CARSON S. ReScore Review on 09/23/2013
Surecritic checkman logo Verified
"Poor"
You were never asked to give a warrantee only to get a fleet car back on the road with high miles 240,000 milesI even said I did not expect a warrentte on th part I had one from the used parts place for six months remember new was eight to ninth hundred and used with only 30,000 miles on the part for $125 that's the right thing to do , you only think of the end product how much t
You can make . Please we know you have a mark up of 20 to 30 percent on new parts end of story
Vehicle: Nissan Cube
Service Date: 09/18/2013
Review Created: 09/19/2013 12:46 PM

"disapointing"
Your guy at the desk was nice , but I told him the air compressor pump had froze up , said it would be $95 to diagnose anyway , that,s a bunch of crap but the car was there its one of my fleet cars that,s about ready to retire, 240.000 miles on it, The bill came back to fix in the $1,390 . I found a used on with a warranty, but was told you would not use my parts . never once did anyone tell me this what a scam you cant help some one out .I meet a lot of people and I will make a point of telling them never to take a car to you. for all you care about is taking your money just like the grant you sucked up from the tax payers, who did you know !!! can't do on your own , that,s fer sure.
Vehicle: Nissan Cube
Service Date: 09/18/2013
Review Created: 09/19/2013 12:46 PM
Paula C. at Crabtree Automotive Inc. responded on 09/22/2013

Dear Carson,

We appreciate the time it took for you to write a review of your experience at Crabtree Automotive. We are sorry that your experience was not agreeable.
Concerning our diagnostic policy - our goal is to give the customer a complete diagnostic of the problem(s). It’s been our experience that there can be other issues that might be causing the difficulties that the vehicle is experiencing. A complete diagnostic can actually save you time and money in the long run.

Concerning your request for us to use junkyard parts for this repair...Our answer to that question comes from the fact that we cannot guarantee the part or the labor when installing used parts. We have found, in a majority of cases, the customer and the shop are completely inconvenienced and there is always additional expense when we install used parts that fail. Our company strives to make sure we can provide the customer with good quality service and parts as well as an excellent warranty.

I would like to ask, however,
Did my Service Advisor fail to tell you that there would be a diagnostic charge prior to your vehicle being towed to our facility? Did we fail to give you an estimate prior to the work being done? Was the estimate for a serpentine belt and tensioner (as recommended by our technicians) plus the new compressor?

We make every effort to give the customer a complete picture before any work is done to the vehicle and I apologize for any miscommunication we might have had. Please let me know if there is still some confusion about our company policies. I would love to visit with you about them. Here is the phone number for the shop. I will be happy to call you back at your convenience 541-967-7892

Sincerely,

Paula Connaghan
Business Manager
Crabtree Automotive Inc.

Paula C. at Crabtree Automotive Inc. responded on 09/25/2013

Carson,  We are truely sorry that we couldn't meet your service expectations.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know.

Paula Connaghan