Desert Car Care McQueen

Larry H. on 07/30/2016
Larry said his vehicle work should have taken only 6 hours to complete, but instead it took the employees12 hours.
Vehicle: Dodge Durango
Service Date: 07/20/2016
Review Created: 07/30/2016
Marty K. on 02/16/2016
"Cross the T's and dot the I's"
Took the car in for a leak of what turned out to be transmission fluid, which we authorized to repair. Had an oil change done as well. Brought the car home, and had four different spots on the garage floor of motor oil. Took it back a few days later to insure it wasn't a leak at the filter or drain plug. Turns out it was from removing the filter and it spilled out on a shield under the motor. They removed the shield and cleaned up the excess oil, etc. but took an extra 45-60 minutes after they had the car for four days. Disappointing to bring it in for a certain type of leak and have to take it back for a totally different leak, which could have been prevented by being a bit more thorough.
Vehicle: Audi A4
Service Date: 01/30/2016
Review Created: 02/16/2016 08:01 PM
Mike T., Service manager at Desert Car Care McQueen responded on 02/17/2016

Marty, The Team At Desert Car Care Can't Apologize Enough For This Experience. This Is Absolutely Unacceptable And The Entire Staff Has Been Retrained And More Thorough Procedures Have Been Put Into Place So This Does Not Happen Again. We Appreciate The Review And Again Our Deepest Apologizes For Your Experience.

Tim B. on 08/09/2015
"Re do's "
Not sure why literally weeks after we had the car in for repair, we have to bring it back for something similar, not sure on cause and effect
Vehicle: Acura 3.2TL
Service Date: 08/04/2015
Review Created: 08/09/2015 10:19 AM
Mike T., Service manager at Desert Car Care McQueen responded on 08/12/2015

Mr. Tim, Thank You For Visiting Our Facility And For The Review. On Your First Visit In Your Vehicle Was Overheating And The Ac Was Not Blowing Cold. Upon My Technician's Inspection he Found The Coolant Overflow Reservoir Was Leaking Badly Along With A Faulty Thermostat. The Repairs Were Completed In A Timely Manner With No Other Issues. On Your Second Visit The Vehicle Was Brought In For A Large Coolant Leak. Upon Inspection Found A Leaking Water Pump Which Could Have Been The Original Component With 135,000 Miles On It. With Your Vehicle Being 9 Years Old And Over 135,000 Parts Will Begin To Wear Out And Need Replaced. Thank You Again For Your Review And Take Care.

John F. on 06/12/2015
"Brake Flush"
You told me that you had a machine to do the brake flush and turns out that you just sucked out the old stuff and then bleed the brake by hand. Not what I expected for the price I paid.
Vehicle: GMC Sierra
Service Date: 06/09/2015
Review Created: 06/12/2015 04:39 PM
Mike T., Service manager at Desert Car Care McQueen responded on 06/12/2015

Thank You John For Coming In To Desert Car Care And For Your Review. I Do Apologize Again About Our Brake Fluid Exchange Machine, A Previous Technician Owned It That Recently Changed Locations. Due To The Poor Condition And Lack Of Maintenance Of The Brake Fluid When Your Truck Arrived It Would Have Done More Damage To The Brake System If The Machine Had Been Used. We Did A Full Brake Inspection At Your Request To Find The Issue With Them Squeaking. After The Inspection I Showed You The Front Brake Pads Which Had Large Cracks In Them Causing The Noise. You Stated That You Did Not Want To Put Any Money Into The Vehicle As It Had A Lot Of Miles On It. We Got All The Debris Out Of Your Master Cylinder First Before We Changed Out The Fluid So All The Contaminants Didn't Go Through The Entire System And Ruin Other Components. To Make Sure Your Brake System Fluid Was Clean And Up To Spec When Completed, My Technician Used Double The Amount Of Fluid It Normally Takes To Perform This Operation. My Technician Inspected And Performed The Meticulous Fluid Exchange In A Little Over An Hour For $75 With Tax, Which Is A Very Competitive Price Around Town. Thank You Again For Visiting Us And Take Care

Aroush A. on 04/25/2015
Aroush said she was satisfied with her service experience.
Vehicle: Volkswagen Jetta
Service Date: 04/17/2015
Review Created: 04/25/2015
George A. on 06/21/2014
George said the wait was a little longer than previous visits and the prices had gone up a little.
Vehicle: Honda CR-V
Service Date: 05/29/2014
Review Created: 06/21/2014
Annie N. on 12/08/2013
"The lobby is clean with nice TV, couch, and magazines."
My light grey leather front seats had black oil stains all over and so did the steering wheels. The technician needs to wash his hand. He leaves black marks where ever he touches. The black stains on the seats came from the oil on his clothes. He also left the paper floor mat on the driver side. I would recommend your service to my friend but I would tell them to inspect the inside of the car before the technician walks away.
Vehicle: Acura MDX
Service Date: 12/06/2013
Review Created: 12/08/2013 01:59 PM
Thiago A. on 09/03/2013
"Fast oil change but slow problem solving"
I went in for a routine oll change which was fast and efficient but when they went to rotate my tires, they stripped the lugg nuts and then had to wait over 2 hours for new lugg nuts to be delivered. Now I have mismatching lugg nuts and my alignment is so off that my steering wheels vibrates when I go faster than 40 mph. I usually have had a great experience with them but at their val vista location. I think I"m going to go back to the val vista location.
Vehicle: Dodge Magnum
Service Date: 08/26/2013
Review Created: 09/03/2013 12:23 PM
Jack D. on 06/21/2013
Jack said he is outraged at the way he was treated. He went in because of a problem with his air conditioner and he was told they would put one in with only a 60 day warranty for a $1,000. He told them he could not afford that. They said it had a bunch of leaks in it but they would put a different one in for $700. He will not recommend this place of business due to this.
Vehicle: Pontiac Grand Am
Service Date: 06/05/2013
Review Created: 06/21/2013
Frank L. at Desert Car Care McQueen responded on 08/08/2013

Jack,

Unfortunately with the age of system and multiple concerns, we tried our best to give options. We regret that we could not give better news, do understand your frustration.

• Keith and team
Jack k. on 06/19/2013
"Honest Service"
Although I did wait several hours (not the 1-1/2 hours to hear back after the diagnostic), the service was explained well and the work was nicely done. I would have preferred the basics of what I needed, but they did try to add in some unnecessary extras as if they needed to be done (flushing brake fluid, for example).
Vehicle: Toyota Camry
Service Date: 06/18/2013
Review Created: 06/19/2013 09:37 AM
Frank L. at Desert Car Care McQueen responded on 08/08/2013

Jack,

We try our best, not knowing how long at times to determine potential faults, to forecast a time frame. As far as recommendations, we will always paint a complete picture of items inspecting worn, aged or broken..with a level of priority to ensure you have as much control of budget to determine what items can wait for future service. We appreciate your time to submit review, and will take all in to consideration...Keith and Team

Daniel B. on 03/17/2013
"Classic Auto Repair Experience"
I was not super impressed with this place. I went in for an alignment which I was quoted $75 for, but because they had to turn my torsion bar bolt just a quarter of an inch (very easy to adjust, because I adjusted them when I first got the truck), that tacked on another $50. The guy in the lobby complained frequently while I waited for over 2 hours for what was supposed to be a 45 minute job. However I did like the lobby, it was a nice arrangement and made the wait feel less gruesome. However, I will not be coming back to desert car care as I feel they will try to do work that isn't necessary like telling me my ball joints are bad or other costly repairs.
Vehicle: Ford Ranger