Desert Oasis European Auto

Overall Rating 1.0/5rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0
Ryan S. on 01/06/2016
"a bit frustrated..."
I went in asking for them to let me know what was wrong with why my seat back wasn't adjusting properly, why my windshield wipers wouldn't work and an oil change. Quoted $240 after this was my 10th-ish time bringing my car in, Melissa still had no clue who I was. My car just needed a computer reboot, the windshield wipers still do not work, after they diagnosed them working, and they changed my oil. $200 later and 10 visits later I still feel I get taken advantage of.... also with the recommend this place to a friend, I am unsure. That is not an option
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz C230
Service Date: 01/05/2016
Review Created: 01/06/2016 09:27 PM
Jacki K. at Desert Oasis European Auto responded on 01/22/2016

Ryan George and I both reviewed your check in statements, Technician notes and invoice. We talked with your vehicles technician. We found out the full synthetic oil change and seat renormalized with the Autologic issues were in fact completed and this is what the invoice charges were which came in $50 less than the original estimate. The wiper blade intermittent problem could not be duplicated and there was not a fault code stored in your vehicles computer systems. So we did not charge diagnostic or any fee associated with the wipers. The $109 was for the re-initializing of the seat. This takes one hour of diagnostic (with the computer hook-up to your vehicle and going through test plans) which I can see you may mistake it for doing both wipers and seat. This statement on the invoice is very unclear. It is difficult to address an issue we cannot reproduce and we have instructed our staff not to do guess work and replace parts and not to charge if nothing is fixed. This is our policies and is what happened with your car and the wiper blades. If your blades are inoperable at this time, please bring the car in and we will diagnose the problem at no diagnostic fee. You are a valued customer and we feel you are questioning our business integrity which after being here for 5 repairs you should not happen. But in reviewing the invoice we have had a revision of how the breakdown on the invoice to avoid this confuse ever again. Wiper and seat re-initiation should have shown as separate jobs to avoid this mistake in billing. Thank you for bring it to our attention. We have corrected this for the future.
As for Malisa not recognizing you, I am very confused by this statement. George and I both were in office when you picked up your vehicle. I feel Malisa was professional, courteous and friendly. She asked you about your honeymoon or trip you were taking and wished you a safe trip. (to Tahoe and Maui) We talked about where you were working and where you are currently working. In our eyes it was the perfect customer interaction. But I do see where the unclear invoice may cause some frustration. We always welcome customer’s viewpoints and would like to make this last visit up to you if you would allow that. George called the number on file first thing when we read the review, he left you two messages to resolve this discrepancy. I believe George spoke to you and we are waiting for your return visit.

Displaying 1 Review