Dick's Hillsboro Honda

Overall Rating 4.1428571/5Overall Rating 4.1428571/5Overall Rating 4.1428571/5Overall Rating 4.1428571/5rating 4.1428571
Overall Rating 1.8571429/5rating 1.8571429rating 1.8571429rating 1.8571429rating 1.8571429

Hank L. on 04/05/2017
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Sales pitch a bit Fargoesque. "
I was hoping to just test drive a used car and then purchase it, but it was a whole lot more complicated than that. I dealt with four salespersons and was told that I had to purchase a theft-deterrent device ($400) and was continually offered expensive warranty plans. After standing firm against these profit-makers, things got easier and the sale was made. Overall, the process was too onerous and should not have been.
Service Date: 04/04/2017
Review Created: 04/05/2017 10:25 AM
Marisol H. on 01/26/2017
"Excellent Service!"
I need oil change in my car, Sales Person Anthony set up my appointment for the next day. Excellent Service and very professional.Totally recommend it!
Service Date: 01/26/2017
Review Created: 01/26/2017 06:31 PM
Cold H. on 09/20/2016
"General manager "
Dishonest general manager! After taking to him for two hours he promises me he could work with me on a new car. After a credit application and trade information I drove a hour there and when I got there the hole story change! Bad dealership!
Service Date: 09/15/2016
Review Created: 09/20/2016 09:04 PM
OKRAN C. on 03/29/2016
"Kindly staffs."
I got kindly service at Dick's Hillsboro Honda.
Service Date: 02/24/2016
Review Created: 03/29/2016 11:05 PM
Anne Marie S., Lead Receptionist at Dick's Hillsboro Honda responded on 04/01/2016

Thank you and have a wonderful weekend.

CORIE P. on 03/28/2016
"Know Nothing Salesmen"
The salesman that was assigned to me knew nothing about the vehicle that I was interested in, and the information that he did seem to know turned out to be wrong. It was very frustrating, I know nothing about cars and I seemed to know more than he did.
Vehicle: HONDA PILOT
Sales Date: 02/24/2016
Review Created: 03/28/2016 07:02 PM
CALVIN S. on 03/26/2016
"Great experience!"
We went thinking we MIGHT get a Honda (we've had at least five so far). The experience with everyone we encountered was friendly, positive, and informative. And we fell in love with the Accord EX.
Vehicle: HONDA ACCORD SEDAN
Sales Date: 03/05/2016
Review Created: 03/26/2016 07:22 PM
Anne Marie S., Lead Receptionist at Dick's Hillsboro Honda responded on 03/27/2016

Thank you, we appriciate the kudos. Welcome to the Honda Hillsboro family. We look forward to seeing you on your vehicle maintenance visits. Have a wonderful week.

LORETTA E. on 03/20/2016
"Kevin in the service dept is a breath of fresh air!!!!!"
I can honestly say, having to take my 2015 Fit in to the service dept has been worse than giving birth until I was lucky enough to have Kevin answer my call. When I got the 3rd recall notice for my Fit, I cringed at the thought of "dealing with the service dept yet again". I can't say enough about Kevin!! I suggest you have your whole team take lessons in true customer service from him!!
Service Date: 02/29/2016
Review Created: 03/20/2016 12:08 PM
Anne Marie S., Lead Receptionist at Dick's Hillsboro Honda responded on 03/20/2016

Thank you, we think Kevin is awesome too. And thank you for letting us take care of your Fit. Have a wonderful week.

TERRY Q. on 03/20/2016
"Service"
Service staff where very friendly
Vehicle: HONDA ACCORD SDN
Service Date: 03/07/2016
Review Created: 03/20/2016 08:23 AM

Thank you Terry, have a great week.

NIKHIL S. on 03/17/2016
"Excellent Service"
Justin was helpful and thorough. He found an issue with the wiper which could have become big later on. Luckily got replaced for free with the warranty. Thanks for the service.
Vehicle: HONDA CIVIC SEDAN
Service Date: 02/29/2016
Review Created: 03/17/2016 04:44 PM
Anne Marie S., Lead Receptionist at Dick's Hillsboro Honda responded on 03/18/2016

Thank you, good thing with all this rain lately. Have a great weekend.

KIM K. on 03/15/2016
"professional and prompt service"
all of my transportation needs are met and potential maint transportation needs are brought to my attention
Vehicle: HONDA CIVIC
Service Date: 02/08/2016
Review Created: 03/15/2016 07:07 PM

Thank you, we are glad to help. Have a wonderful weekend.

GREGG B. on 03/15/2016
"Keeping me on the road"
I drive about 30,000 miles per year and my Honda CRV has over 371,000 miles on it. I owe the long and reliable life of my Honda to the mechanics and staff and Dick's Hillsboro Honda.
Review Created: 03/15/2016 04:42 PM

Thank you, we are proud to have you part of the Hillsboro Honda Family. Have a great weekend.

MELIA L. on 03/14/2016
"Always good service "
No problems. They're always great
Vehicle: HONDA CIVIC SDN
Service Date: 03/12/2016
Review Created: 03/14/2016 08:23 PM

Thank you and have a wonderful weekend.

EDWARD R. on 03/14/2016
"Timely and organized service"
Great service. Alex really looks after me.
Service Date: 03/02/2016
Review Created: 03/14/2016 07:10 AM
Anne Marie S., Lead Receptionist at Dick's Hillsboro Honda responded on 03/14/2016

Thank you. We are proud of Alex, he's been with us for many years. Have a wonderful week.

Greg N. on 03/14/2016
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Fraudulent paperwork passed to sell a lemon type used vehicle. "
I tried to submit a nine-page (21,000 character) narrative here on everything that has happened at the hands of Hillsboro Honda, but it was too long, that why this is so cut down.

I purchased a 2007 Honda Odyssey from this business in December 2014. Since then, the vehicle has spent the better part of two months on and off in a different Honda service center in attempt to diagnose a potential sub-frame or steering issue.

Since the vehicle had gone in I discovered the same problem had been discovered by a technician at Hillsboro after they acquired it. After gathering Hillsboro's service paperwork on the van I learned the technician had negligently or fraudulently marked the vehicle as passing all tests in order for it to get a 2 year warranty. A day after it passing, the same technician made over $1,500 in repairs to the vehicle.

Since buying this van, no one has been able to diagnose the problem and despite sending a Hillsboro the nine page narrative of everything we've done, along with proving the technicians negligence or fraud, they've been hands off.

Hillsboro also cancelled my warranty the day I bought my van which caused a huge headache in getting it restored. The van I bought was also previously a fleet vehicle in New York. It was bought by Hillsboro at an auction. There was a large amount of rust found on the van by my local Honda dealer. None of this was never at any point told to me during the purchase.

After they acquired the vehicle Hillsboro didn't get a title to it. They then sold it to me without having the title to it. I had to spend a week's worth of on and off again phone calls to get this addressed. It never got addressed so I had to work with DMV in getting them to bypass what Hillsboro should have done a long time ago. Luckily DMV never suspended my registration like they said they would if Hillsboro didn't reach out to him.

This has gotten so bad that a dealership complaint has been filed with the DMV, an official Oregon Attorney General complaint packet and BBB complaint were filed. I am also in the process of working with someone at the corporate level at Honda.

They have acknowledged their negligent and potentially even criminal conduct and made a minimal effort in correcting their mistake. Do not go to this dealership. If they are willing to do all this to my family and I, it can most certainly happen to you.

7/27/15
The Service a Manager Richard reached out to me and payed to have the van diagnosed, and for a loaner civic while the van was in the shop.

Within a week Richard got back to me and said the problem was fixed. This was confirmed upon my return.

I commend Richard for swallowing the pride of the dealership and taking the vehicle in. Unfortunately though, blame was pointed toward the Albany dealership and aside from fixing the problem (a lack of grease in the driveshafts), no accountability from Dicks was seen.

7/7/15

7/27/15

8/26/15
The Better Business Bureau got involved since my last update. Dicks initially provided minimal feedback to BBB, but a letter from Sales Director Sam Riley was eventually sent to the BBB agent.

Sam spun to the BBB that I had only had my Honda at the other dealership for the better part of two months and that it stayed parked there and not worked on because I did not want to pay a diagnostic fee. This is very incorrect and bending the truth that was told directly to his Service Manager.

Sam went on to state my complaints with the BBB were part of a, "New list," an not previously brought up with his dealership. This is also either misinformation provided to him by his own employees or a lie to minimalist this problem.

Leaning on their touted CarFax reports, Sam says there was no history of any accidents; and that based on his knowledge, there are numerous vehicles with surface rust and previous fleet and or rental status' which according to him, "Neither of which are safety or disclosure issues."

Sam eventually ends his letter by apologizing for the registration problems I had to address and offers $200 to reimburse me for the inconvenience. Further, Sam states the vehicle was purchased, As Is," and they refused to provide any additional compensation.

The $200 was refused and BBB advised the business no longer wished to work with me. BBB advised a unsatisfactory notation would be added to the business.

10/15/15
The problem on the van has continued since the most recently dated review. No contact has been made with me again from Dick's.

Complaint filed with the Oregon Attorney General has not been reviewed either.
Sales Date: 07/27/2015
Review Created: 03/14/2016 12:23 AM
GLEN B. on 03/13/2016
"Don't get service here "
I have not had a good experience with this corporation. I had a Ford before and their service was terrible. If I didn't have a dealer warranty I would drive to Beaverton.
Vehicle: HONDA ACCORD SDN
Service Date: 03/08/2016
Review Created: 03/13/2016 07:17 PM
JOVEN R. on 03/13/2016
"Oil change"
Great customer service!
Vehicle: HONDA PILOT
Review Created: 03/13/2016 05:58 PM

Thank you and have a wonderful week.

RAO K. on 03/13/2016
"Place is great but customer service is not."
I stepped in after giving an email to the General Manager .I also called before but I was informed that he was busy with other customer/s.I was in the office for one hour or more.He did not stepped in even for a brief moment to say Hello!He deputed one of the sales rep.He could not give me the quote for the HR_V.Overall I am not satisfied.Same dayI had given my other car Honda Fit for checking battery.They found the battery is fault and replaced it with a new one,but charged me about $52 eventhough it is under warantee.When questioned they told me its Honda policy to charge prorata.A couple of days before this the vehicle is with service for a couple of days to fix problems as this car of mine happened to be under recall list.They should have checked the battery at that time,but they did not.This is sheer negligence as the car is also checked for ignition problem.Overall a bad experience both at service and sales department.
Review Created: 03/13/2016 02:51 PM
DAVID K. on 03/13/2016
"New facility was nice with great selection of cars with professional service"
Marv was very professional and clearly understood customers needs and new facility was great.
Sales Date: 03/04/2016
Review Created: 03/13/2016 09:13 AM

Thank you. Marv is a super guy. Please visit again and enjoy all the new amenities. Have a great week.

LINDA N. on 03/12/2016
"Great Service"
Dick's Hillsboro Honda has always given our cars the best of care, keeping our 2003 Accord , 2004 Civic Hybrid and now our brand new Oddysey in tip-top shape. Fair, reliable and quick -- can't beat them!
Vehicle: HONDA ODYSSEY
Service Date: 03/09/2016
Review Created: 03/12/2016 10:53 PM

Thank you for the kudos and thank you for being part of the Honda family. Have a great week.

MICHAEL C. on 03/12/2016
"The Honda Fit is great! Their sales and service is not so good"
I purchased a 2016 Honda Fit from these guys... Apparently you have to get their "protection" package which consists of some applied plastic behind the door handles and the door edges. After the deal was made, the sales person told me that the nitrogen in the tires and the plastic protection was not done. I wanted to pick up the car the next day. But the sales manager said he needed to sell the car that day. The salesperson said it would only take a 1/2 hr. I said OK. Showed up to get it completed and was told it would take 2 to 2 1/2 hrs. Couldn't do it and made another appt. Between driving there and waiting it was over 5 hrs and they said they couldn't finish it. They gave me a loaner car and said it would be done the next day. It wasn't. They said next week. I asked them to refund me and return the car. They finally agreed. When I got the car, the only thing I can find was done was the nitrogen in the tires. Hours of my time wasted and BS from the salespeople and the service dept. Communication is almost non existent. Sorry to write such a bad review. I know they mean well but everything did not work out. They should have just waited a day and let me pick up the car when everything was done. So, as it stands, it was around $400 to get nitrogen in my tires. And no refund yet.
Sales Date: 03/02/2016