Emerald Automotive and Tire

Overall Rating 4.36/5Overall Rating 4.36/5Overall Rating 4.36/5Overall Rating 4.36/5rating 4.36

Overall Rating 2.6666667/5Overall Rating 2.6666667/5rating 2.6666667rating 2.6666667rating 2.6666667
Overall Rating 1.6666667/5rating 1.6666667rating 1.6666667rating 1.6666667rating 1.6666667

Warren S. on 02/24/2017
"STAY AWAY 2"
As I am reading review after review, I keep seeing that appointments take precedent over walk-ins...anyone wanna explain why I waited nearly 2 hours for an oil change after having a set appointment?!?
Service Date: 02/24/2017
Review Created: 02/24/2017 09:18 AM
Warren S. on 02/24/2017
"STAY AWAY!"
If you are looking for a good place to wait somewhere between 90 minutes and (4) hours for an oil change...THIS IS THE PLACE!...and forget about what the sign out front says...YOU WILL BE PAYING MORE...MUCH MORE. I try to spend local and support Eastlake businesses, but this business is not worth your time or money...AVOID WITH EXTREME PREJUDICE!
Service Date: 02/24/2017
Review Created: 02/24/2017 09:11 AM
Kevin V. on 08/27/2015
"Sure Critic Critic "
I find it ironic that Emerald Automotive stopped using the service in March of 2015, and suddenly, only negative reviews became prevalent.
Service Date: 08/27/2015
Review Created: 08/27/2015 07:53 PM
Kayla C. on 04/05/2015
"Bad customer service/rude"
I always had a good experience when emerald automotive was on Lost Nation. As for the new location and new employees, I would say I didn't. I wasn't informed that they had moved so I went to the old location and ended up being late to my appointment. I got a whole bunch of crap about being late. The next time I went there, all I got was rude comments. I had showed up for my appointment on time and, instead of calling me, they told me it would be about two hours before they got my car in for an oil change. I wasn't too happy about that since I drove from mentor to eastlake AND had an appointment and I just got laughed at. My experience with emerald automotive was terrible and I will never go there again. I highly recommend Vehicles Unlimited. They have $13.95 for an oil change and they get me out of there in a half hour at most and have a friendly staff.
Service Date: 04/05/2015
Review Created: 04/05/2015 07:49 PM
Brian L. at Emerald Automotive and Tire responded on 04/06/2015

thank you for taking the time to tell us about your visit. It says your service date was on April 5, 2015 that is a Sunday and we are not open nor do we show any record of you having service work done. You may have the wrong place and it this is a review to promote our competitor.

Jimmy D. on 03/31/2015
Jimmy said he had a horrible experience at this business. He had to wait over an hour for an oil change. The manager was in a grumpy mood and was making unnecessary comments, which made him seem obnoxious. They are lousy and he will never go back there again. He will not recommend them due to this experience.
Vehicle: Ford Escort
Service Date: 02/23/2015
Review Created: 03/31/2015
Brian L. at Emerald Automotive and Tire responded on 04/02/2015

Dear Jimmy,

After our phone conversation, I would hope you may reconsider our score on your service.

Best Wishes,

Kevin Van Horn
General Manager

Marvin G. on 03/30/2015
"its all about the money for them!"
At first they were nice and put 2 tire on my van then fixed my fiances water pump, costing over $600.Then on a cold snowy day a day or so later my gfs car windows stuck down so we asked for help and they charged us $78 knowing we were struggling because of other repairs plus I needed a pulley replaced and two more tires another $600...when I called and complained about the window price gouge they were pretty rude and more less suggested could've or should've went somewhere else not really caring about us both being repeat customer or the charge just to put up the windows! So we went to Conrads who agreed they should have gave us a break on the window cost and let them do the next $300 repair and in a couple days I will also get my two tires there because of lack of consideration or concerns for repeat customers! !!
Vehicle: Chevrolet Malibu
Service Date: 02/26/2015
Review Created: 03/30/2015 04:34 AM
Brian L. at Emerald Automotive and Tire responded on 03/30/2015

MArvin, Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your recent visit. We understand car repair can be very frustraating, this is why we make it a point to ease that frustration. We thank you for you business and are very sorry you feel we over charged you for your repair. We are very competative in all our pricing, although not the cheapest, we offer the highest quality repair and always have lesser expensive options. As for your window repair, we went ahead and only charged you 78.00 with Sales Tax included for a 2 hour repair which we thought was very fair since you just spent alot of money, we also encouraged you to call around and see what others would charge for the same repair. We would never send someone else where, but we do encourage you to call others if you feel the charge is to much. We are very sorry to see that you will be going else where for your other needs as we do not quite understand what we did wrong. Thank you again for your business and hope you can see our side of this issue

Michelle S. on 03/26/2015
Michelle said she got an advertisement that said walk-ins were welcome, but when she got there she had to make an appointment for an oil change.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Blazer
Service Date: 02/19/2015
Review Created: 03/26/2015
Brian L. at Emerald Automotive and Tire responded on 03/30/2015

Michelle, Thank you for taking time to let us know how your visit was. Although we do accept walk-ins, its on a basis that our appointments will come first, so not to make you wait longer than you should we advise everyone to make an appointment to ensure timely service. We appologize if your visit was less than great and we will correct this issue so it will not happen again.

Denise B. on 03/23/2015
Denise said the first time she picked up her vehicle it was not fixed and she had to bring it back a second time. She would not recommend this business to others because of her experience.
Vehicle: Ford Focus
Service Date: 02/27/2015
Review Created: 03/23/2015
Brian L. at Emerald Automotive and Tire responded on 03/28/2015

Hello Denise,

Thank you for taking the time to respond, your feedback is appreciated.  When your vehicle was towed in, it did not start.  We discovered that your vehicle had a defective ignition switch, which was replaced, and the vehicle started.  We are very sorry that you also had a defective ignition cylinder, which was not discovered during your initial visit, causing further problems that did not occur while in for first service.  Oftentimes, when working with electrical problems, underlying problems do not persist until days or weeks later.  We did put your vehicle through a rigorous inspection routine, that included up to 50 starts and stops.  We hope that you understand we put priority to your needs and have ensured that your vehicle was repaired by the industries best technicians, using only the best quality replacement parts available.

Best Wishes,
Kevin Van Horn
General Manager

Sharon D. on 03/21/2015
Sharon said they did the work in a timely manner.
Vehicle: Ford Taurus
Service Date: 02/21/2015
Review Created: 03/21/2015
Oderin B. on 03/21/2015
Oderin said he is still not able to drive his vehicle. He brought it somewhere else and he was told it has a lot of mileage, is beat up, and other things similar to that. His vehicle shuts off like it has an electrical issue.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Impala
Service Date: 02/24/2015
Review Created: 03/21/2015
Winston S. on 03/07/2015
Winston said the business got everything done correctly.
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon
Service Date: 03/04/2015
Review Created: 03/07/2015
Barbara B. on 02/27/2015
"Always a pleasure"
Every visit proves to be quick, and the service excellent, and the staff trustworthy.

Barbara
Vehicle: Hyundai Sonata
Service Date: 02/25/2015
Review Created: 02/27/2015 04:21 AM
Debbie H. on 02/19/2015
Debbie said she felt she was being cheated, lied to and asked to sign a paper that they could call with a verbal estimate. That paper turned out to pay a fee of $50 even if work was not done. They estimated the cost would be double what she had it done for elsewhere. They were costing out labor for each piece to be removed and they indicated she was getting a labor discount. The parts were all centrally located and she feels it should have been one fee. They checked into more things than she asked and did not have the work done there. When her son-in-law went to get the vehicle, it took over half hour and they wanted him to sign a paper stating they would not be sued in court. When he refused to sign, he was filmed by a staff member's cell phone. She believes she should get her $50 fee back. She would not recommend them to others because of the reasons mentioned.
Vehicle: Chrysler Concorde
Service Date: 02/13/2015
Review Created: 02/19/2015
Brian L. at Emerald Automotive and Tire responded on 02/26/2015

Debbie, thank you for your review. Let's start with the paper you signed, it is a required document for the state of Ohio. It allows us to inspect or work on your vehicle, it also is an estimate for the services you request. Since you asked for us to check your car for a wobble and noise we need authorization to begin the work, as explained to you we charge 50.00 for our inspections which is half price, this was explained to you as well as if you get work performed that fee is waived. This ensures our certified techs are able to be paid for spending time diagnosising your issues. Now our estimate, ours was about 500.00 more than what you presented to us. This is because you had your car looked at by another shop and they only quoted you for part of what your car needed. We take pride knowing when we get done with our inspections and quotes your vehicle will leave our shop with no other issues and is fixed right the first time. We will ONLY use quality parts that may cost more upfront but it ensures a quality repair that will last longer than factory parts. We will not sacrifice quality for price at any time. Although we where repairing the same parts, there is a labor we charge for each side of your car. Each side requires the same labor time. We are happy to hear you did fix your car since it was unsafe to drive. Yes it did take some time to get your son in law cashed out as we needed to put your car back together after you initially Approved the work. So this did take some time. You were asked to sign a waiver stating you understand and have been told you vehicle should not be driven and we recommend you have it towed to your house and you acknowledge this and will not hold us responsible if something happens when you drive. This is a standard waiver again that releases all legal responsibility in case of an accident. Know your son in law, he was only recorded after he threatened one of our employees with bodily harm, we take this VERY VERY seriously and the police should have been called. In which we do have the threat on tape. We are very happy your car is safe, we do however wish you stop slandering our business name as all we did was try to help. We also made arrangements for you to make payments to us as a good faith gesture because you did not have the amount of money needed to repair your vehicle the proper way. We made this offer so you could leave with us knowing you have left safely and fixed properly. It is with great regret things didn't go as well as we like them to, but we are happy we did our job to the fullest and let you know the full condition of your car. Thank you again for allowing us to inspect your car, we wish you and your family the best in future dealings with auto shops and please be careful.

brian
owner
emerald automotive

Quadreka H. on 02/17/2015
Quadreka said this business was nice and friendly. They explained to her what was wrong with her vehicle, and they fixed it.
Vehicle: Dodge Intrepid
Service Date: 02/11/2015
Review Created: 02/17/2015
Daryl M. on 02/10/2015
Daryl said they did a good job and did what they were supposed to do.
Vehicle: Buick Enclave
Service Date: 01/19/2015
Review Created: 02/10/2015
Sandy M. on 02/07/2015
Sandy said they did a great job. They were nice and polite.
Vehicle: Pontiac Grand Prix
Review Created: 02/07/2015
Matt R. on 02/07/2015
Matt said they did an excellent job.
Vehicle: Ford Focus
Review Created: 02/07/2015
Nicole L. on 02/06/2015
Nicole said this business provides friendly and helpful service. She waited a little longer than usual because one of their machines was down.
Vehicle: Honda Civic
Service Date: 01/22/2015
Review Created: 02/06/2015
Dan R. on 02/04/2015
"Reasonable and straight forward "
I've had a few things done to my truck. First being the drive shaft which was a learning experience for us all. There were a few bumps in the road but they kept me up to date and gave me all my options as they came so I wasn't raked over the coals. Second was getting new tires installed along with scheduled maintenence. Quick service at what I think is reasonable. Works for me!
Vehicle: Ford Pickup
Service Date: 02/03/2015
Review Created: 02/04/2015 09:41 PM
Brian L. at Emerald Automotive and Tire responded on 02/10/2015

Dear Dan,

Thank you for your business and detailed response.  Please be sure to look out for email coupons and gift cards.

Josh H. on 01/31/2015
"Great work and cheap"
Emerald Auto did a great job on my flat tire and it was cheaper than I had predicted it to be. All I could ask for!
Vehicle: Pontiac Grand Am