Entwistles Garage

Overall Rating 4.15/5Overall Rating 4.15/5Overall Rating 4.15/5Overall Rating 4.15/5rating 4.15

Latest Review over 1 year ago

Janessa L. on 04/19/2016
"A keeper"
Always a pleasant experience here. Have been a few times and will be returning. Chuck was a great help!
Service Date: 04/19/2016
Review Created: 04/19/2016 11:34 AM
Jim S. on 11/25/2015
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Don't think I made the right decision"
Just had some rot work fixed on my 2001 Ford F150. I had been given a better (complete) quote from Maaco in West Springfield but elected to pay more for less at a local body shop, Entwistles. When they did their "free" safety check, they discovered another $800 dollars of mechanical work that should be done. My mistake again was to have them do it. After $4500, I don't have much to show, but empty pockets. My advice, don't be charmed by the owner, walk out and get a second opinion. Forgot to mention, they didn't even clean up the body work dust in the interior, or was the dirt off the exterior of the truck. Don't think I'll go back there again. My expensive mistake.
Service Date: 11/25/2015
Review Created: 11/25/2015 02:42 PM
A D. on 11/18/2014
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Don't Get Taken For A Ride"
Takin for a ride
TIming chain went, a shope close to home diagnosed the problem. They were honest enough and said they really didn't feel comfortable doing it. After my wife called around, she spoke with Lucas and he said they could do it and would like to take the job. We used the "loaner" van while our Mazda 5 was being looked at.
They agreed it was the timing chain and that diagnosis was a 327.00 something they already knew. They called me back and said they did't have compression out of cylinder 3 and it most likey was a bent cylinder though it was a no contact engine. Now the timing chain and work was 1800 and now cylinder repair was going to be roughly the same! I went ahead with it and when it was all set to pick up, it was making a ticking noise, I was told it was the lifter and it would adjust after a bit. I left the station and noticed it was leaking oil pretty bad. I looked under the hood and the tube that enclosed the dip stick for the oil, was "dangling" because a bolt was forgotten and placed back and the hoses were not snapped back into their correct areas and were dangerously close to the fan!
I made a phone call and Lucas said to bring it in and they would look at it.
They placed the bolt in and I was sent on my way, they said that should fix it. I got a few miles down the road and pulled over to check the situation...it was still leakin...bad! I was asked to bring it back. Now I am almost an hour away and I do work for a living so now I p@!%!d because I'm feeling these guys don't quality check their work and they don't care. They told me I could drive the car to Maryland with my 3 kids and pregnant wife. Glad I didn't do that.
I brought the car back again and they said it was a bad seal they received from the dealer, they replaced it. It was still leaking, like a slow blister! I looked again under the car myself and noticed the weather shield was not put back on under the front right side...now I'm beyond p@!%!d and have had it up to my eyes with all the stories and poor loaner cars. I was loaned a blazer that wouldn't start one morning besides the fact it was all over the road and then the van I first had been loaned steamed up with smoke while my wife was driving my kids to school in it.

Anyway, I went back and of course I forgot to mention my check engine light kept coming on and Charlie Entwistle said it may be a thermostat hose, I knew he was full of it and was trying to cover for his mechanics poor work or I was just getting taken for a ride. I said I would think about it, I left knowing I would not let them do another thing to the car. He said he would order a front right protector that his mechanic, Chuck, tossed out because it was covered in oil.
I went home, filed a complaint to the Better Business Bureau and then, 2 weeks later Charlie Entwistle calls me and wants me to come in so he can put the right front weather protector on. Are you kidding me, next step is in the mail. Take pictures, video, in this day and age it's a no brainer. Little over $4000.00 later you would think it should purr. Protect yourself, don't get taken for a ride!
Service Date: 10/01/2014
Review Created: 11/18/2014 10:19 PM
amelia w. on 10/28/2014
"scam"
Absolute scam. Staff were extremely friendly, quoted me 65 for oil change. After it was done, rung me up at 120, claiming it was for 2 extra quarts of oil, because it was the "expensive" oil. No documentation on receipt, just the total. Not sure how they build a client base continually ripping people off, but don't ever throw your money away here.
Service Date: 10/28/2014
Review Created: 10/28/2014 10:52 AM
Jet M. on 10/24/2014
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Look for your Registration before you Leave"
Mad for ever listening and getting sucked in! Smiles, analogies will lead you to skipping a mortgage on your house. Get a second opinion before Lucas relays a message to you from the mechanic who doesn't quality check his work. Loaner cars, they do have but are not reliable. Get a rental for safety. Document, take pictures or film, I am glad I did!

Be careful, repairing a flat is much different than changing a water pump then all of a sudden a gasket from some unknow origin?

I can't blame Entwistles, I blame myself partly, I feel Charlies heart is in the right place but he needs a master foreman mechanic that knows his job. If you can't do a job, don't keep charging someone for your mistakes, you should help the customer and admit you screwed up...they will not and Lucas will not return your calls when things are bad...gaurenteed..

Second opinion, be smart, take picture, document so when it comes time to litigate and they try to say " we didn't do it, the other place did it", you now have them for pergury and they may be very surprised. Better Business Bureau
Service Date: 09/09/2014
Review Created: 10/24/2014 05:52 PM
Jet M. on 10/23/2014
"Not"
If you have a flat, they will tell you you need an axle/ball joint then you will have a leak because of a brake hose! Behing the smiles there is bad news being created
Service Date: 08/29/2014
Review Created: 10/23/2014 04:00 PM
Sherry C. on 10/20/2014
"Scammers"
I brought my car in because my battery light came on, they told me it was my battery and the cables so I told them to replace it all. After I pick the car up and drive it home the battery light comes on again so I quickly shoot to advanced to have it scanned, it ended up being the alternator. I brought the car back and Charlie was like sorry but there's nothing we can do about being charged for the battery replacement.
Review Created: 10/20/2014 07:42 AM
David M. on 09/04/2014
"Sunday berakdown"
We live about 70 miles from Entwistles and were on our way to the Spencer Fair on a Sunday when the power steering failed and the car began overheating. Although no coolant was leaking, the temperature gauge climbed to the red zone. We were able to drive a few miles back on Route 9 and saw Entwistles and pulled over. We were met by Joe and other colleagues and they set us up with a free loaner car saving us a cab ride and rental charge. The next business day I spoke with Lucas and he explained what need repair. He, like Joe, was professional, honest and very helpful. The car was repaired following day and they accommodated my picking up the car after hours. I also met Charlie when I go to the garage. The work was done on time and on budget. Most importantly, the car (with 209,824 miles on it) feels like new again. Thank you for assistance, professionalism and courteousness. I only wish you were closer to my home. P.S. The loaner car allowed us to still get the Fair so it wasn't a lost trip after all. I highly recommend Entwistles Garage.
Service Date: 09/04/2014
Review Created: 09/04/2014 11:50 AM
Howard S. on 09/04/2014
Howard said the facility treats him nice every time he goes there.
Vehicle: Cadillac DeVille
Service Date: 08/27/2014
Elizabeth D. on 09/04/2014
Elizabeth said the vehicle was fixed correctly, and on time. The staff was friendly and helpful.
Vehicle: Toyota Corolla
Service Date: 08/11/2014
Gerry P. on 09/04/2014
Gerry said the business did what they said they would do and for they price they quoted.
Vehicle: Toyota Camry
Service Date: 08/15/2014
Katherine R. on 09/03/2014
"Paint repair"
Exceptional service and courtesy and the final result was excellent.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Sonic
Service Date: 08/21/2014
Review Created: 09/03/2014 06:11 AM
Charlie E. at Entwistles Garage responded on 09/04/2014

Thank you very much Katherine for your review, your support is much appreciated.

Melvin M. on 07/22/2014
Melvin said the business took care of his issue and the service was cheap.
Vehicle: Cadillac CTS
Service Date: 06/25/2014
Review Created: 07/22/2014
Vincent O. on 07/19/2014
Vincent said he had a good experience at this business. They really helped him out with having a loaner vehicle available for him. They were on time and the people were good. He mentioned they are a little on the expensive side.
Vehicle: BMW 735i
Service Date: 06/20/2014
Review Created: 07/19/2014
Cindy M. on 07/07/2014
Spoke with Brian. He said he had to take his vehicle back because the detail was not done right the first time. They did a crummy job and even admitted it. They also convinced him to do an exterior detail, which he said he felt he was overcharged for.
Vehicle: Honda Pilot
Service Date: 06/11/2014
Review Created: 07/07/2014
Charlie E. at Entwistles Garage responded on 07/10/2014

Dear Ms. McGurl.
I am sorry you were not happy with the free interior detailing which we donated and you won at a local fund raiser.  I personally worked on the interior of your vehicle and I spent 3 hours cleaning lolli[pop goop out of cup holders and all kinds of food from carpets and seat rails.  I also spent several hours helping another empolyee buff the exterior and shine the tires and rims.  I won't waste my time donating mine and another employees labor in the future, lesson learned! Deb Entwistle

Samantha P. on 07/07/2014
Samantha said she really likes the way her vehicle is running now.
Vehicle: Chrysler Sebring
Service Date: 06/18/2014
Review Created: 07/07/2014
Robert E. on 07/05/2014
Robert said the tires he purchased were a little expensive.
Vehicle: Toyota Camry
Service Date: 06/24/2014
Review Created: 07/05/2014
Agnes B. on 06/16/2014
Agnes said they did a great job.
Vehicle: Nissan Juke
Service Date: 06/12/2014
Review Created: 06/16/2014
Betty L. on 06/12/2014
Betty said she likes the service received.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Impala
Service Date: 06/09/2014
Review Created: 06/12/2014
Ronald C. on 06/10/2014
Ronald said they were a little pushy and demanding for him to get the work done at their business. He was there for an oil change, but he also asked them for a quote on what the cost would be for the extra work he wanted to get done. He wanted to show his wife the cost first and compare prices with other businesses before he committed to having them do the work on his vehicle. His oil change was done for $28, but they also added on and charged him $30 for the hazard waste disposal. He also ended up paying $1,200 for the work they did. He would not recommend them because of the reasons mentioned above.
Vehicle: Dodge Stratus