Joe V. on 09/13/2017
"Great Service"
Had some simple stuff done, but quick and professional service. Will definitely be a repeat customer!
Vehicle: Porsche 911
Service Date: 09/11/2017
Review Created: 09/13/2017 08:18 AM
MARK K. on 09/10/2017
"2012 Jeep"
Great service and great people to do business with.
Vehicle: Jeep Wrangler
Service Date: 09/08/2017
Review Created: 09/10/2017 04:16 PM
SYLVIA G. on 09/09/2017
"Quality Work"
Great car repair shop! Experts you can trust.
Service Date: 09/07/2017
Review Created: 09/09/2017 06:21 PM
Doug D. on 09/02/2017
"Steering whine still there"
I was first told by Drew that the wrong PS fluid was in my jeep, likely the cause of the problem. This however was not the case since I purchased the OEM Mopar fluid from the dealer when the pump was replaced 4 weeks ago. IT is possible Maximum Automotive did not use my fluid, but I see no reason for this since I supplied it. Later I was assured over the phone by Drew that after full inspection, he said the cause of the whine was a bad steering pump, since the noise went away when the belt was removed from it. I had just had the pump replaced 1000 miles ago with a new unit, (not reman) and so the new pump was installed, and it makes exactly the same noise. Either the old pump was good and not the problem, or the new pump is bad, and it cost me $375 to still have the same problem. There were metal flakes in the fluid, which was new fluid 4 weeks ago, so perhaps a flush is all it needed and not another pump ? ..or the flakes are from the rack failing ? I'm short on cash after recent divorce and cant afford to replace things that dont need replacing. I realize the issues are not always easy to diagnose, but I asked directly if he was certain the pump was the cause of the problem and was told yes. The new pump has the same whine as the one just replaced ; is it possible this is a bad pump, as was the one previously installed ?
Vehicle: Jeep Grand Cherokee
Service Date: 08/31/2017
Review Created: 09/02/2017 07:58 AM
Chris S. at Fluid Motor Union responded on 09/07/2017

Doug,

I'm sorry to hear you were dissatisfied with our service. I would like to go over a few things to set the record straight, though. Your vehicle was brought in with a squealing noise on acceleration. The first thing we found was that your belt was beginning to ride off with one rib fully off the pulley. We recommended removing and replacing the belt. You ok'ed this work. Upon replacement of the belt, we localized the noise to the power steering pump. We recommended replacing the pump as the next step. While we were aware that you had recently had your power steering pump elsewhere; considering the condition of the fluid, the fact that the drive belt was riding off the pulley, as well as the noise coming directly from the pump itself, the next logical component would be the power steering pump. We went over our reasoning for replacing the pump with you over the phone. You ok'ed replacing the power steering pump. After replacing the pump and flushing the fluid, we continued to have the same squealing noise coming from the pump. From here, you did not pay anything additional. To find the cause of the pump's squealing, we removed the power steering reservoir to check for any blockage in the screen. We also checked lines to the pump and reservoir for any obvious blockage. Your vehicle comes equipped with an auxiliary pump mounted on the back of your auxiliary fan. This pump feeds fluid to the power steering cooler in front of the radiator. A blockage in either of these components, or failure of the auxiliary pump would cause the main power steering pump to work harder than usual consistently. This would cause a squealing noise under load, which we were experiencing. We mentioned to you our next step would be the remove & check these two components, but that the end result may be in the rack itself. You declined and picked up the vehicle. While here, we also checked, at your request, a TSB (technical service bulletin) pertaining to a hose grounding issue that you had found for a different model year vehicle. You were not charged for this either. I feel that we went above and beyond in both diagnosing your vehicle as well as keeping you informed of what we were doing and why along the way. You mentioned that a flush may have been all that was needed; however, with the amount of metal in the fluid combined with the fact that you had replaced the pump elsewhere recently, we felt it most cost effective to replace the pump & flush the fluid rather than flush the fluid, then replace the pump, & flush the fluid again. Regardless, a flush was done and did not remedy the issue. Sometimes diagnosis is straight-forward and simple. Either way, we need to take it step by step we believe the logical approach was taken in regards to your vehicle. If you continue to feel differently, please give us a call and we can do what we can to help you.

Chris

JANET S. on 08/31/2017
"CL500"
Great service and personnel!
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz CL-Class
Service Date: 08/30/2017
Review Created: 08/31/2017 04:54 AM
Al R. on 08/31/2017
Al said this business had good customer service.
Service Date: 08/30/2017
Review Created: 08/31/2017
ANDY Z. on 08/30/2017
"Exceptional!"
When the owner drives your vehicle home after service 15 miles because of schedule conficts. Need I say more? Above and beyond service!
Service Date: 08/25/2017
Review Created: 08/30/2017 04:17 PM
BILL K. on 08/24/2017
"Great service "
Wouldn't take my cars anywhere else
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz E350
Service Date: 08/23/2017
Review Created: 08/24/2017 03:48 AM
ANTHONY S. on 08/23/2017
"Great service on my Bmw m3"
Set appointment to have my Bmw checked for service lights on dash// they repaired bad sensors and had me back on the road in the same day-- smart staff / great service- highly recommend
Vehicle: BMW M3
Service Date: 08/22/2017
Review Created: 08/23/2017 08:39 PM
ZACH Z. on 08/18/2017
"Great service "
Fluid is the absolute best place to take your car. Whether you have an exotic car or your average vehicle, Fluid makes you feel right at home. Fluid genuinely cares about not only their customers but their customers cars. I will continue to go here for service and refer all my friends and family
Vehicle: Volkswagen GTI
Service Date: 07/15/2017
Review Created: 08/18/2017 06:19 PM
MIKE J. on 08/12/2017
"Great place"
They worked on the car and only fixed what was needed.
Vehicle: Porsche 911 Carrera
Service Date: 08/10/2017
Review Created: 08/12/2017 06:03 AM
Berry L. on 08/12/2017
Berry said the quality of work was awesome and they were timely. The staff were also very professional and the prices were reasonable.
Vehicle: BMW 6 Series
Service Date: 08/10/2017
Review Created: 08/12/2017
JOHN M. on 08/09/2017
"Great new facility!"
My visit was very gratifying and as expected, met my need to maintain my 11 year old Mercedes-Benz CLS 500 in top operating condition.
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class
Service Date: 08/09/2017
Review Created: 08/09/2017 08:27 PM
KATI E. on 08/09/2017
"Great service, great customer service"
got a lot of work down on my car. when I started it the radio/clock do not work. not sure if something got bumped or a fuse is out? radio worked before I dropped off. coming in Friday to have it looked at.
Vehicle: GMC Acadia
Service Date: 08/07/2017
Review Created: 08/09/2017 06:38 AM
JULIE G. on 08/07/2017
"They are very receptive to my time line. I needed to be in and out quickly and they serviced my car efficiently."
I love Fluid Motor!!!!
Vehicle: Land Rover
Service Date: 08/02/2017
Review Created: 08/07/2017 05:54 AM
DMITRIY R. on 07/31/2017
"no time to waist"
Very friendly place with great technicians.
Review Created: 07/31/2017 12:14 PM
Dave K. on 07/30/2017
"Jaguar XJS service"
Very knowledgable and friendly staff.
Vehicle: Jaguar XJ-S
Review Created: 07/30/2017 06:14 AM
Vili P. on 07/30/2017
Vili said this business did a good job.
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz C280
Service Date: 07/06/2017
Review Created: 07/30/2017
STEVE P. on 07/29/2017
"Great service at lower prices than M-B dealers"
Very knowledgeable, efficient service from friendly, competent staff.
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz C-Class
Review Created: 07/29/2017 09:09 AM
Leo P. on 07/29/2017
Leo said this business had his vehicle ready on time and the price was right on the estimated amount. Everything was perfect. They do a great job and that is why he brings his vehicle there.
Vehicle: Porsche 911