Overall Rating 3.66667/5Overall Rating 3.66667/5Overall Rating 3.66667/5rating 3.66667rating 3.66667
Overall Rating 1.66667/5rating 1.66667rating 1.66667rating 1.66667rating 1.66667
Review for Furgerson's Garage
Scott W. ReScore Review on 04/24/2015
Recommended? Yes
Surecritic checkman logo Verified
"Furgerson's corrected the situation"
After understanding the situation the folks at Furgerson's contacted me an made the situation right. They replaced the tailgate window motor at no charge.
Vehicle: Toyota Sequoia
Service Date: 04/21/2015
Review Created: 04/22/2015 10:38 PM

"Should have fixed your prior work...."
So i have 7 cars in the family that we take routinely to Furgeson's. Tom is great he knows us (and should by the volume of work we give the establishment). A little over 2 years ago we paid an awful price to have a window motor replaced in the tailgate of our Sequioa. This week we took the Sequioa in because the engine light, track off, and stability track light, came on in addition to the fact the window in the tailgate had stopped working again. So we paid to replace TWO sensors (unrelated but which happen to spontaneous trip the check engine light) in excess of $1,800. As for the window in the tailgate we were told it was again the motor which was over the warrantee period...even though we had paid you guys to replace it within the last three years. I said no to the guy when he told me it was going to be some crazy amount ($800 or $900) I can't remember. Tom then called back having heard the conversation and said he thought it a shame to just close it up without fixing and would split the cost with me for the window motor...some $550! This is for a motor and labor I paid for jus t2 years ago! And don't tell me it is the salt air by the beach! All of Japan is by salt water....And I bet the managers at Toyota would cringe to hear you say that.....which made my wife ask "where did Furgeson's get the old motor in the first place?...good question.....probably not Toyota or you would have made a stink to them on our behalf and got the thing corrected for free! I realize it was over the period you warranted the motor...but sometimes you step up and do what is right on behalf of your good customers. I would venture to guess that I am among your top retail cutomers (excluding commercial fleets). I would think you would go a bit out of your way to make right the work we already paid you to do.
Vehicle: Toyota Sequoia
Service Date: 04/21/2015
Review Created: 04/22/2015 10:38 PM
Brad and C., President/Owner at Furgerson's Garage responded on 04/24/2015

Furgerson's Garage is committed to providing the highest quality repairs at a competitive price. We offer an industry leading 24 month/ 24,000 mile parts & labor warranty. Almost three years ago our ASE Certified Master Technician installed a new factory Toyota rear window motor to ensure a quality repair was accomplished. Unfortunately the factory Toyota rear window motor failed after our 24 month warranty expired. After discussing the matter further with our very loyal customer, Furgerson's Garage replaced the rear window motor under a customer satisfaction warranty at no charge. The Check engine light, Traction off, and Vehicle Skid Control lamps were caused by two unrelated items: a bank 1 oxygen sensor heater element failure (the bank 2 oxygen sensor was replaced three years ago at our facility, which is still functioning normally) & a brake power booster stroke sensor (which requires the entire brake power booster unit to be replaced). Both parts were replaced with original equipment parts,  which fixed all three warning lamps illuminated. At Furgerson's Garage we employ ASE Certified Master Technicians with the most experience in the county who strive to perform exceptionally, and install only the best quality replacement parts available. Customer satisfaction is our highest priority and we look forward to continuing our business relationship with this customer.