Ganley Subaru of Bedford

Overall Rating 1.0/5rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0

Darius M. on 06/05/2017
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Ganley subaru of Bedford did not look out for their customer"
I brought my used 2013 subaru outback in to ganley subaru for a comprehensive check out since I had just bought it from a Toyota dealership. I asked the subaru service rep to check all outstanding recalls and TSBs. I also mentioned that the car is using too much oil. After I get the car back with a list of things to do plus a note that they performed a recall fix. I take it to my trusted local mechanic who tells me the car is not leaking oil but it is burning it. I then take the car back to Ganley Subaru because I had looked up that there is a class action lawsuit against Subaru of America cars in my VIN range have oil burning issues that Subaru is not acknowledging. As part of subaru's list of todo's was a complete reseal ($2,040) before they could start the oil consumption test. I subsequently get the work done for $2,040 then they tell me I am past the warranty date to get the engine fix. Who does this type of bait and switch. When I took the car there in March 2017 no one mentioned the class action lawsuit and that my vehicle was in that VIN range. I personally thought this was misleading and unprofessional. The supposed fix is to replace the short block at a cost of $6,240. Who has that kind of money after spending $2K on a reseal. Needless to say I cannot recommend this dealership let alone subarus at this point. I am debating on pursuing this further. This is personally my first subaru and quite possibly my last. My girlfriend has a forester that I suggested that she buy from ganley and I hope hers does not have any issues. I am second guessing that decision.
Service Date: 03/30/2017