Review for German Car Repair
ROLAND R. on 10/21/2015
"How thorough was your service?"
I feel pretty happy about the service provided, but there's always room for improvement.

Also, the part prices seemed a bit high against, say, what Pelican shows for Porsche parts. Case in point, the camshaft position sensor you replaced for me. I'm guessing it was because Pelican sells a Bosch OEM "equivalent" which really could be considered the same because they make it for Porsche, while you use only true OEM parts that are branded Porsche and thus the price difference. Just a guess.

I've always taken my other vehicles to the dealerships, despite what people usually think of them because my dealership experience so far has been generally positive. I don't plan on taking my Boxster to the dealership though as I assume they'd be exorbitant.

I understand that there would be things that high end dealerships do that you probably don't want to get into, such as complimentary car washes. However, some standard services provided by dealerships are nice and I don't think would be unreasonable for you to do as well. I'm talking about always checking the tire pressure and fluid levels, always providing a comprehensive (though not in-depth) inspection summary on things like tire wear, brake wear, belt conditions, etc.

Maybe you guys already do those things, but I wasn't made aware of it.
Vehicle: Porsche Boxster