Gordie's Towing & Repair

Overall Rating 2.0/5Overall Rating 2.0/5rating 2.0rating 2.0rating 2.0
EVAN C. ReScore Review on 04/12/2014
Recommended? Yes
Surecritic checkman logo Verified
"Great Owner, Caring Company"
The owner took time to talk with me about the repairs and really helped me understand what was going on. With my initial review i think there was a lack of communication but after talking with the owner I understand the repairs much better and will most likely return to this company. The owner is an extremely caring guy, not just for the reputation of the company, but for the well-being of the customer. This shop is actually a pretty great place!
Vehicle: Audi A6
Service Date: 04/03/2014
Review Created: 04/05/2014 01:32 PM

"Expensive"
Went in for simply break pads and walked out with much more. I couldn't tell you if all those things actually needed to be replaced (brake pads, arm, calipers and rotors and they wanted to fix more...) but a quick brake pad switch turned into what they wanted to be a $3000 fix. Ill probably try to find somewhere else next time or just go back home to do it. I've heard they take advantage of college kids but i guess you don't believe it until it happens to you. They did the work quickly just at a steep price.
Vehicle: Audi A6
Service Date: 04/03/2014
Review Created: 04/05/2014 01:32 PM
Jeff P., Owner at Gordie's Towing & Repair responded on 04/11/2014

Hi Evan. Thank you for taking my call today so we could discuss your questions and concerns with this repair. It's a line often overused, but your satisfaction is very important to me and I hope you now feel more comfortable with what was needed and why. Thanks again, Evan. I appreciate your business.

GORDIE P. on 08/10/2017
"Gordie's Towing and Repair"
They always check everything when I have my car serviced, fluids, filters even the air pressure in my spare tire
Vehicle: Honda CR-V
Service Date: 08/08/2017
Review Created: 08/10/2017 09:39 AM
TRACEY F. on 08/09/2017
"Great Again"
Called about prices on 4 tires and they for me into the schedule that same morning. On top of that I got a call shortly after they started installation asking if I still wanted the fourth tire since the tread was fine on one. It showed me that the guys at Gordies are not just out to make a quick buck, they want to get you in and out and taken care of in a very honest way.
Vehicle: Nissan Versa
Service Date: 08/09/2017
Review Created: 08/09/2017 08:08 PM
Jeff P., Owner at Gordie's Towing & Repair responded on 08/10/2017

Hi Tracey. Thank you for taking time to share your experience and feelings. I passed on your compliment to Gerard and Graham, whom you dealt with.
Thanks for your business and trust. We appreciate it!!

Aaron Y. on 08/09/2017
Aaron said they were very quick, efficient and honest.
Vehicle: Honda CR-V
Service Date: 08/07/2017
Review Created: 08/09/2017
Brady P. on 08/02/2017
Brady said this business did not want to do the service and the staff was rude. Also, they did not call and apologize.
Vehicle: GMC Sierra 1500
Service Date: 08/01/2017
Review Created: 08/02/2017
Jeff P., Owner at Gordie's Towing & Repair responded on 08/05/2017

Our employee involved with Brady during his visit felt bad about how things went and took the initiative to call him shortly afterward to apologize before this review was posted. Brady accepted his apology and offered his own. I was personally under his vehicle while the conversation was had about our concern with being able to do the exhaust repair well. It ideally required some exhaust tools we didn't have and the conversation didn't go well. We declined to do the repair because we felt it would be in his best interest to have it done by another shop that had the right tools. I have since reached out to Brady to again apologize about the situation and he accepted my apology as well.
I value his business and am sorry we couldn't take care of his need this time.

Bill B. on 07/22/2017
Bill said the business is helpful, knowledgeable, and courteous.
Vehicle: Toyota Tundra 4WD Truck
Service Date: 07/20/2017
Review Created: 07/22/2017
Jon M. on 07/21/2017
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Lied To."
I pretty never write complaints, however this one pissed me off. I went to Gordies minnoco service station this morning on Huff St in Winona. I asked the guy at the front desk. I have a spare tire off a utility trailer that needs a valve stem, "what's it gonna cost me to have one put in?". "He said a buck & a half."He then looks at another guy & says "1.50 for a valve stem, right"? The other service guy says "yup". Thought that was cheap, probably a couple bucks labor, maybe. I know all ya do is squeeze the tire(don't have to take the tire off). knock off the old stem & pull another through ,and air it up. "My exact word were whats it gonna cost me?" I go to pay for it & the guys tells me $11.50 & tax. I can't even remember the exact total I'm so pissed. I said well, that's not what the guy told me he said $1.50 We'll yeah & $10.00 labor. I'm thinking For 4 mins worth the work"MY complaint is he simply lied when I said "whats it gonna cost me? I'm done with this service station & I will also find another place to fill by propane for my gas grill & smoker also.
Service Date: 07/21/2017
Review Created: 07/21/2017 08:29 AM
Jeff P., Owner at Gordie's Towing & Repair responded on 07/21/2017

I was nearby when you walked in and asked how much a valve stem was and my employee answered that it was $1.50. When you asked how much it would be total, my employee said that it depends, we'd have to take a look at it, that some trailer tires have a tube in them. You asked if we wanted to take a look at it. When he realized you had it with you, the two of you walked outside to get it. I did not hear any of your conversation after that, but after reading your review I shared it with the two guys that dealt with you during your visit. Both said they never gave you a total price prior to collecting after the work was done.
Looking back, we could have communicated more clearly. I apologize for our part in that. As to the $10.00 labor charge, I feel this is a fair charge for prompt service by a professional using a $10000 piece of equipment needed to do the job. We are known for our prompt attention to tire issues and are told by our customers that other shops sometimes can't even deal with a tire problem the same day. Your visit today was dealt with quickly.
If you still feel it is not fair, stop by on Monday and we can discuss it.

Jeff P., Owner at Gordie's Towing & Repair responded on 07/24/2017

Hi Jon. Thanks for stopping by this morning so we could discuss this situation and better understand what happened. I hope you feel better about things, I know I do. Always good to part ways with a handshake. I appreciate your business.

Ben S. on 07/21/2017
Ben said this business got the job done and they were good.
Vehicle: Chrysler Town & Country LWB
Service Date: 07/20/2017
Review Created: 07/21/2017
Matt S. on 07/21/2017
Matt said his own cousin did the work for him at this business.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Tahoe
Service Date: 07/18/2017
Review Created: 07/21/2017
RICH A. on 07/20/2017
"Air conditioning repair"
their parts supplier had issues getting them the right part, but they were awesome about letting me know about delays
Vehicle: Hyundai Sonata
Service Date: 06/09/2017
Review Created: 07/20/2017 01:38 PM
Laura N. on 07/20/2017
Laura said they did what they needed to do. They gave her a quote for something else as well. They were good and fair.
Vehicle: Kia Rondo
Service Date: 07/18/2017
Review Created: 07/20/2017
SARA B. on 07/18/2017
"Trustworthy and friendly"
Always confident about coming to Gordie's. They are very competent and speedy. I never feel pressured to get other services, like they do at Dahl.
Vehicle: Pontiac Torrent
Service Date: 07/17/2017
Review Created: 07/18/2017 06:31 AM
Jeff P., Owner at Gordie's Towing & Repair responded on 07/19/2017

Hi Sara. Thanks for taking time to share your feelings with us. Your comment about not feeling pressured means a lot to me. Our goal is to treat each vehicle like it belongs to our Mom, and we would coach our Mom but not pressure her, right?
Thanks for your business!

DAVID D. on 07/15/2017
"trailblazer review"
Always great coming to you for service on our vehicles. Helpful, knowledgeable staff makes the "Why is my car making this noise?" discussion easy. Thanks for all the years of service. Susan Derks
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
Service Date: 07/12/2017
Review Created: 07/15/2017 09:22 AM
Vicki S. on 07/14/2017
Vicki said she has problems with the tires at this business. She has no problems with the services they provide or the way they treat her. They treat customers with respect and they try to get them in quickly.
Vehicle: Mazda Mazda3
Service Date: 07/05/2017
Review Created: 07/14/2017
Jeanette K. on 07/14/2017
Jeanette said she is a long time customer of this business. She likes the way they work and conduct business. She appreciates them and always recommends them.
Vehicle: Ford Fusion
Service Date: 07/05/2017
Review Created: 07/14/2017
Diane N. on 07/12/2017
Diane said they're good and excellent. They're very good about doing things and they're right on time.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Impala
Service Date: 07/07/2017
Review Created: 07/12/2017
TRACEY F. on 07/08/2017
"Fast and Friendly"
Always great customer service and they work quickly.
Vehicle: Nissan Versa
Service Date: 07/06/2017
Review Created: 07/08/2017 10:45 PM
PAUL K. on 06/26/2017
"Edge Oil Change"
Got my car in and out in good time. Noticed an issue with the tires and recommended service to fix the problem. They always take good care of my car.
Vehicle: Ford Edge
Service Date: 06/23/2017
Review Created: 06/26/2017 12:01 PM
Martha K. on 06/24/2017
Martha said the staff is really friendly. She is ignorant when it comes to vehicles, and they explain the service without treating her like she is not intelligent. The staff tells her the cost of the service and how long it will take before they begin working.
Vehicle: Pontiac Grand Prix
Service Date: 06/20/2017
Review Created: 06/24/2017
Pamela W. on 06/21/2017
Pamela said she has been going to this business for years and they always do a good job.
Vehicle: Dodge Neon