H&I Automotive

Overall Rating 2.0/5Overall Rating 2.0/5rating 2.0rating 2.0rating 2.0
Overall Rating 2.0/5Overall Rating 2.0/5rating 2.0rating 2.0rating 2.0

James A. on 04/10/2016
"Im fed up"
I was spoke to rudely they told me nothing along the lines of what is wro g with my car and I asked them before I left my car will this tell me what is wrong with my car he said yes it's going racist $145 then he must have changed his mind and cleans said its 60 dollars for the courtesy check which should be free right I could have looked and my car for free and told my self exactly what I paid for or 3rd brake light out and hood release dangling I asked for transmission help not to be suckered into some bs my car was not diagnosed and was said to cost around 5-6000 dollars to fix so again what's wrong with it .
Vehicle: Ford Focus
Service Date: 04/05/2016
Review Created: 04/10/2016 01:23 AM
Spencer D. at H&I Automotive responded on 04/11/2016

Hi James,
We really apologize if you took our feed back to you about your vehicle as being rude.  This was not our intention.  You came to us with a transmission problem and a check engine light.  The initial diagnostic charge for this is $129.95 plus taxes.  During our diagnostic of your vehicle we found 2 codes stored in your PCM.  P0741(Torque converter clutch stuck off) and P1270 (engine RPM limit reached).  We also test drove the vehicle to experience the symptom.  After checking the fluid which was very discolored we were able to determine the failure was internal to the transmission and not a problem with the electronic controls.  The full diagnostic was not needed and your fee was reduced to 1/2 hour of straight labor time which is $50.96 plus taxes.  So the correction to your problem will require the transmission to be rebuilt or replaced.  We recommended replacement because the replacement unit will come with a 3 year 100,000 mile warranty and the cost difference is minimal.  I'm sorry we could not give you an exact cause of failure becuase this would involve removing the transmission and disassembleing it to find the failed parts.  We did not feel it was in your best interest to incur the additional fees to perform the disassembly.  We aslo performed our free courtesy inspection on the entire vehicle.  We do this so you do not make a large investment into your vehicle without knowing if you may have other problems with it not related to your concern.  During this inpsection we noted the power steering pump was leaking, the engine belt was badly frayed, the 3rd brake lamp was out, the engine mounts are collapsed, the LF tire needs to be replaced, the ignition is binding, and the hood cable is not hooked up.  The cost to rebuild your transmission is approximately $3000-$3500 depending on parts needed and to replace it is $3900.00.
Please feel free to contact us if who have any other questions.

Jane H. on 10/03/2015
"estimate"
I brought my car in for an estimate to find out what the price would be for breaks and to fix my air. When I went to pay for my estimate, the man asked if I was using my car for parts, or if I was going to drive it. First of all, that's insulting, second, why would I bring my car in to fix the brakes and air conditioning if I was going to sell it for parts? I have a few choice words for the man, but instead I just won't return for my service.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Cavalier
Service Date: 10/01/2015
Review Created: 10/03/2015 07:54 AM
Spencer D. at H&I Automotive responded on 10/05/2015

First of all I am very sorry for this miscommunication Jane.  I asked if you were gong to park your car in order to avoid further damage to your brake system.  I did not go into a lot of detail because of the situation you were dealing with at the time.  Please contact me at yor earliest convenience so we can go over the inspection of yor vehicle.  Thank you

Spencer D. at H&I Automotive responded on 10/07/2015

We have left Jane a voice mail, sent a text and also sent an email.  There has not been a response as of yet.  We do hope she contacts us to help rectify this situation.