Hamby's Automotive Inc.

Latest Review over 1 year ago

Review for Hamby's Automotive Inc.
MARK V. on 02/03/2012
"Not impressed"
Ive used Hambys on several occasions but this last time I really decided I would use them no longer. I dropped off my truck to have the transmission checked out. They called back and said you need a new transmission for $3200. I asked what they did to diagnose it and they said they looked at the dipstick to see if they saw any metal fragments. I told them I would come pick the truck up because I thought I could do much better. When I arrived to pickup my truck, no one was in the office but several were walking around the shop. I asked if I could get my keys back and I was told I would have to wait until one of the front desk workers arrived back. I had someone waiting outside but I felt they held me hostage until I waited for this person to get back to the shop. It was a good 10 minutes before he did arrive and then to add insult to injury charged me for telling me what I already knew that my transmission was bad. Hambys has lost a good customer.
Vehicle: Ford Pickup
Service Date: 02/01/2012
Review Created: 02/03/2012 08:15 AM
Adam & Clendon H. at Hamby's Automotive Inc. responded on 02/06/2012
Mark, I am sorry you feel that way. I thought only charging you half of our normal diagnostic fee was more than fair, as we not only checked fluid condition, we also road tested the truck with scanner to check shift patterns and for any trouble codes. We had to make sure that the sensors within the transmission were operating properly as any one of those sensors could also cause your symptom. As for the delay in picking up your truck, I am sorry for that.