Jumbo Automotive Inc

ALISSON M. on 12/05/2016
"Trustworthy??"
I brought my car in for a routine oil change Bc I received a coupon in the mail. After waiting over one hour (promised time was about 40 -45 min since I was the first person that day in for an oil change) and having to inquire about the status of my car, I was informed that the drain plug was "worn out" and that they had already ordered a new one and was on its way. They then asked me to speak to the mechanic who was working on my car so he could further explain. Obviously, what he told me was "Chinese" to me Bc I know nothIng about cars. To summarize: my car was up in the air with a worn out drain plug, so a new one needed to be put in Bc "there was nothing else to do now". This is where my concern for distrust comes from: I just feel like I could have been taken advantage of :( Since I was in a hurry and wasn't given any other options, I agreed to have the piece replaced. It's not an expensive piece at all, but when I later consulted with more knowledgeable people, I was told that the drain plugs don't "wear out" :( I am left with a feeling that they just wanted to make up for the money that I was "saving" with the coupon I had brought in. Not a good feeling :(
Vehicle: Acura TL
Service Date: 12/03/2016
Review Created: 12/05/2016 07:58 AM
BRUCE I. on 11/11/2016
"Excessive Labor Charge for a Simple Task"
When the mechanics mentioned I needed a new air filter I never dreamed it would lead to a $35 labor charge to install it, a job I could do myself in minutes. I checked with several friends and they seemed mystified at the charge, although they did acknowledge that many garages seem to be following this trend (charging extra for routine tasks during an oil change). I love the staff at Jumbo, they are friendly and courteous but being on a fixed income I simply cannot afford to pay these rates for such simple routine tasks. Sorry to say I am checking with friends to locate a new garage for my service needs.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Impala
Service Date: 10/25/2016
Review Created: 11/11/2016 05:37 AM
Jennifer H. on 08/24/2016
Jennifer said Delores was great and the business did repair her alternator. The owner was rude. The more she drove her vehicle the worse it got. The key fob was not working properly, the radio stopped working, the power locks work when the vehicle was running. She called the business and they told her they would not be able to look at it for a couple of days.
Vehicle: Ford Escape
Service Date: 08/22/2016
Review Created: 08/24/2016
LIBOIRON G. on 04/06/2016
"As a former mechanic... "
I was really disappointed by the customer treatment I received.
I sat for almost 1 hour eating for anybody to talk me about my AC problem. They then told me everything is seized and threw at me a 1600$ proposal to fix the problem. Diagnostic was OK. I declined. Cost of parts on estimate? Over 1000$. I ordered all parts required to redo entirely AC system. Cost of parts? 285$. Enough said...,
Vehicle: Jeep Grand Cherokee
Service Date: 04/01/2016
Review Created: 04/06/2016 04:02 AM
WILLIAM D D. on 04/05/2016
"left rag on engine"
I was satisfied with the friendly service and the prices. But, The Mech. left a rag under my hood by the oil pan which burned after a long drive to the west coast. First smoked then caught fire and I had to put it out with a fire bottle. Of course I have no proof of where the rag came from but their is no other explanation.
Vehicle: Volkswagen Jetta
Service Date: 03/11/2016
Review Created: 04/05/2016 06:20 AM
Jeff S. on 03/07/2016
Jeff said the business had quoted him a price for installing a new air-conditioning unit at $700, but that unit failed and pushed debris out into the rest of the system causing another part to fail. They had his vehicle for 5 days during the time he had to rent a vehicle, the final bill was $1,300 because he was charged for the failed unit as well as the part the failed unit caused to fail, so he is not very happy with them and would not think to recommend them to anyone.
Vehicle: Mitsubishi Outlander
Service Date: 03/05/2016
Review Created: 03/07/2016
Mike C. on 12/17/2015
Mike said this business tried to overcharge him. The oil and power steering fluid are still leaking from his vehicle. He will be contacting the business regarding these issues.
Vehicle: Ford Escape
Service Date: 12/12/2015
Review Created: 12/17/2015
Jorge C. on 02/26/2015
Jorge said this business was good but they were a bit overpriced. They wanted to change the whole steering wheel system but all he needed was to have the power steering fluid replaced. They may have wanted the best thing possible for his vehicle which was to start new. He solved his own problem and spent $5 instead of $800 so he will go back there for another problem but he will do some research before he gets any service done. He would not recommend them to others because of the reasons mentioned.
Vehicle: Honda Civic
Service Date: 02/06/2015
Review Created: 02/26/2015
Haim L. at Jumbo Automotive Inc responded on 03/03/2015

Jorge, first of all we thank you for coming to our facility to take care of your vehicle. it is our duty to inform all our customers of what we find to there concern. the steering rack and pinion unit is leaking on your vehicle and that is what our master auto tech recommended to be replaced . it is in our best interest to let u know on what we find for the safety of u and your family. thak u for coosing us and we hope to see u in the future .

Channin M. on 11/22/2014
Channin said the staff seemed nice but they took three hours to perform an oil change. When she sent her mom there they tried to charge her $40 for an inspection which they performed for her free. It is for this reason she would not recommend them for service.
Vehicle: Nissan Altima
Service Date: 10/24/2014
Review Created: 11/22/2014
Haim L. at Jumbo Automotive Inc responded on 11/26/2014

Channin we apoligize for what must have seemed like three hours when you don't have a scheduled appointment.  We offer a Free Visual Inspection, we also perform the Free 24 Point AAA Inspection and we do charge $49.95 for a Computer Scan/Inspection. We value all our Customers and we hope to see you back.

Hope you and yours have a Blessed Thanksgiving from the Jumbo Automotive Family

Yana E. on 08/19/2013
Yana said she went to the business for an ESP light being on. She asked them to call with an estimate before they did any work. They went ahead and did the work without calling her and gave her a price of $800. The front desk lady said it was ready when it was not. She told them to reassemble the vehicle so she could go to her appointment. The manager said he would and asked her to bring it back so he could do the work. He wanted the $800 up front before any work was completed. They had a part and the cost, with the price of $277, but with no code. She called her old mechanic and he said the part only cost $125. After the repair, her ESP light came back on and she immediately returned to the business. He said he did not have time to fix it and to come back next week. She brought it back on Wednesday and then he told her that her vehicle was very complicated and he could not fix it. He would give her back the money for the part and one hour labor cost. So she ended up paying $290 for an oil change and did not get her vehicle fixed. She would not recommend this business due to the reasons mentioned.
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz C240