Keller's Professional Auto & Diesel

Overall Rating 3.6666667/5Overall Rating 3.6666667/5Overall Rating 3.6666667/5rating 3.6666667rating 3.6666667
Overall Rating 2.0/5Overall Rating 2.0/5rating 2.0rating 2.0rating 2.0
JEFF T. on 04/17/2017
"Very disappointed"
Was once a big believer in Keller Auto's integrity, but a recent service visit completely changed my opinion. During a recent routine oil change on one of my trucks, they made a mistake by backing out the aftermarket drain plug too far, causing the nut inside the oil pan to drop off into the bottom of the enclosed oil pan. Steve, the manager, called to let me know what they did, and he told me the only option now was to replace the oil pan to the tune of $500 (parts and labor). He admitted they caused the problem but took absolutely no responsibility and did not offer to correct the problem on their dime. Keller knew this truck had an aftermarket plug because back in Nov. 2016 they did the oil change and had no issues whatsoever. In fact, they were the ones who at that time told me about the aftermarket plug. I asked if it was a problem and they said "no, as long as it's not giving you problems." If they didn't want to take the risk this time with the aftermarket plug, they should have told me they weren't comfortable doing the oil change. Instead they went ahead with it, the mechanic backed the plug out too far, and I drove it away that evening with $445 less in my pocket. When asked if he felt Keller was in any way responsible for causing the problem, Steve flatly denied any wrongdoing. Then he tried to "sell" me on the notion that he was "giving me a break on the price" because the labor was actually less than the "book" suggested for the repair. I'm still trying to figure out where exactly the "break" was, since I basically paid for ALL the parts and paid for ALL the labor time it took to complete the repair.

Until this incident, I considered myself a loyal Keller Auto customer and had every intention of using them to perform all required service on all three of my vehicles in the future. I found their unwillingness to take even the slightest bit of responsibility for a problem they clearly caused very disheartening. I thought I had finally found a repair shop with integrity and honesty. Apparantly I was mistaken. Had they simply "owned" the mistake and offered to fix it at their cost (or at the very least CONTRIBUTE to the cost), they'd have a customer for life. Instead they opted to save a few bucks in exchange for the loss of a loyal customer and future business. At a minimum, they could have offered to remove the existing oil pan, retrieve the nut, re-attach the plug and re-attach the oil pan, where they'd have eaten what, less than 2 hours of their mechanics time? Negative! They'd rather lose years of my future business. Interesting business model.
Vehicle: RAM 1500
Service Date: 04/08/2017
Review Created: 04/17/2017 11:35 AM
Brandon P. on 04/14/2017
Brandon said Dale and Brett came to terms with the price and the speed of service. He was pleased with the overall care he got.
Vehicle: Honda Civic
Service Date: 04/12/2017
Review Created: 04/14/2017
Linda B. on 04/13/2017
Linda said this business did a great job.
Vehicle: Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
Service Date: 04/11/2017
Review Created: 04/13/2017
Jeff T. on 04/12/2017
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Extremely disappointed"
Until now, I've been very pleased with Keller's service. Sadly that has all changed now because of my most recent experience. Extremely disappointed. Took my vehicle in for oil change service. The vehicle had an aftermarket oil drain plug. Keller knew this because they had performed the oil change in Nov. 2016 (with this aftermarket plug installed.) Back then, the oil change was done with no issues. However yesterday during the oil change, their mechanic backed out the drain plug too far and the nut on the inside of the oil pan fell off into the bottom of the pan. (Aftermarket plugs require a nut on the inside of the oil pan in order to be able to tighten the plug). Keller knew that's how aftermarket plugs are put together. The mgr told me the only option now was to replace the oil pan with a new one. He said with parts and labor it would cost $500. My frustration and disappointment lies with Keller not taking one iota of responsibility for causing the issue, as if it was somehow MY responsibility because the truck had an aftermarket plug? I'm not suggesting in any way they were reckless or careless. After all, mistakes DO happen. But they DID cause the problem. They can't deny that. In fact, the mgr flat out admitted they backed the plug out too far. And not only did he tell me the only option was a new oil pan, he didn't offer to pay for a mistake they clearly caused. He didn't offer to help with the cost whatsoever. So again, because it was an aftermarket plug, somehow they were not liable?? I figure it this way ... they knew about the plug ... if they didn't want to assume the risk they should have told me they wouldn't perform the oil change. I would have completely understood. But they agreed to do it, they made the mistake, they admitted the mistake, they denied any responsibility, and they conveniently passed the entire cost onto me.

So while I was waiting for the repair, I got to thinking "hey, why couldn't they just drop the oil pan, retrieve the nut and re-tighten the plug, and re-mount the pan?". I spoke with the mgr and he said they could do that, but he didn't recommend it. I agreed that it was not the optimal solution, but it was an option that would at least save me $250 for a new oil pan. After all, that aftermarket plug had been there for years and we NEVER had issues with it. But just like our prior conversations, he did not offer to eat the labor cost to remove the pan, demonstrating once again they felt no responsibility for what they had caused.

Later, as they were performing the repair, my wife called the mgr to press him to acknowledge responsibility for creating the issue but he would not accept one bit of it. What he did say though was that the actual labor was less than the "book" stated, and he would be able to "give us a break" on the cost on the labor. So yes, the total cost came down to $445, which we appreciated. But it felt to us like he was trying to play that cost reduction off as them giving us some kind of discount when in reality we paid full price for the new pan and we paid for ALL the labor that was performed, and they paid NOTHING. So where exactly was the "break" they gave us? Was it for not charging me for labor hours that were never performed??

Until this incident, I considered myself a loyal Keller Auto customer and had every intention of using them to perform all future service on all three of my vehicles. They seem like good guys. And perhaps they are. But I feel this issue was handled very very poorly by them. I found their unwillingness to take even the slightest amount of responsibility for a problem they caused very disheartening and disconcerting. I thought I had finally found a repair shop with integrity and honesty. I now have doubts about that notion. Had they simply "owned" the mistake and offered to fix it at their cost (or at the very least CONTRIBUTE to the cost), they'd have a customer for life. Instead they opted to cover their asses and save a few bucks in exchange for the loss of a loyal customer and any of my future business. Very sad and disappointing.
Review Created: 04/12/2017 07:30 AM

convenient, reliable
Vehicle: Toyota Avalon
Review Created: 04/11/2017 08:26 AM
Heather A. on 04/11/2017
Heather said everything went really well.
Vehicle: Nissan Sentra
Service Date: 04/08/2017
Review Created: 04/11/2017
JANICE G. on 04/10/2017
"Outstanding!!"
Best Customer Service, outstanding job, you can trust Keller's!!
Vehicle: Dodge Durango
Service Date: 03/21/2017
Review Created: 04/10/2017 08:57 AM
SERENA P. on 04/08/2017
"Very helpful"
I went in for an oil change and when I went to pick my car up the man at the front desk said that he noticed my wiper blades were broken. Within 15minutes he'd ordered some in from the warehouse and fitted them for me. Couldn't ask for better service.
Vehicle: Ford Focus
Service Date: 04/07/2017
Review Created: 04/08/2017 07:02 PM
JULIA F. on 04/08/2017
"Kellers does what I can't"
I use Kellers to do the work I no longer can/want to do on the cars. They are reliable and prompt.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Impala
Service Date: 04/07/2017
Review Created: 04/08/2017 12:49 PM
ANDREA M. on 04/05/2017
"Great, efficient, friendly service"
Service here is always friendly and efficient. I trust these guys to take care of my car.
Vehicle: Toyota Yaris
Service Date: 04/04/2017
Review Created: 04/05/2017 01:27 PM
DAVID M. on 04/03/2017
"they treat you like family"
Every time I have to use the services of Kellers in Parker, Steve and his team are outstanding, my family and I have been going their for 10 Years or more and the work they have done has been excellent!!!!
Vehicle: Chevrolet Silverado
Review Created: 04/03/2017 10:26 AM
JANICE F. on 04/01/2017
"The people, the service, "
Thankful they do an overall check of the car, finding any hidden problem.
Vehicle: Ford Explorer
Service Date: 03/30/2017
Review Created: 04/01/2017 09:00 AM
Brittany S. on 04/01/2017
Brittany said they go to this business all the time, and they are really good to them.
Vehicle: Toyota Corolla
Review Created: 04/01/2017
Daniel S. on 04/01/2017
Spoke with Gigi. She said this business was very pleasant and they came out to the waiting area to show her what was going on. They also showed other customers filters that needed to be replaced. She said it was nice of them to show them the filters, rather than just saying they needed a filter replacement.
Vehicle: Subaru Forester
Review Created: 04/01/2017
JOHN W. on 03/28/2017
"My Caravan"
The work was done well and on time.
Vehicle: Dodge Grand Caravan
Service Date: 03/06/2017
Review Created: 03/28/2017 06:44 AM
GLEN P. on 03/24/2017
"Fantastic service"
These guys are great. They are thorough in the repairs and let you know what is happening throughout the process.
Vehicle: Jeep Grand Cherokee
Service Date: 03/17/2017
Review Created: 03/24/2017 09:30 PM
CINDY L E. on 03/23/2017
"2013 Hyundai"
Great service, efficient and very friendly.
Vehicle: Hyundai Sonata
Service Date: 03/22/2017
Review Created: 03/23/2017 11:18 AM
DAVID S. on 03/21/2017
"Great Service"
Came in needing a battery check. Battery needed replacement. I was in and out in 20 minutes. Everyone was super friendly and helpful.
Vehicle: Honda Civic
Service Date: 03/20/2017
Review Created: 03/21/2017 04:31 AM
JEFF T. on 03/18/2017
"Great service, great price with coupon"
Premium oil change service performed. In and out in 30 minutes. Friendly and honest folks. Can't beat the price with the mailer coupon.
Vehicle: RAM 1500