Kelly's Auto Body Bellevue

Review for Kelly's Auto Body Bellevue
Katherine R. on 03/24/2016
Katherine said her experience was awful about everything at this business. The guys she spoke with had no clue what went missing inside her vehicle. They wanted to order used parts for her brand new vehicle. They failed to do one of the doors and it took them about a month when it was supposed to be ready within ten days.
Category: Collision
Service Date: 02/24/2016
Review Created: 03/24/2016
Jym S. at Kelly's Auto Body Bellevue responded on 03/28/2016

Vehicle towed to us on 1/19/16.

I called and emailed customer numerous times trying to get the authorization form signed. I notified Liberty Mutual a few times asking them to help. Katherine did not reply to emails or phone calls to give authorization to repair until 13 days later (on 2/1/16). I was then able to order parts. It took several days to get the parts. Not much repair could be done till we received parts.

There were numerous parts replaced on her vehicle (including the right 2 doors). Most of them were new OE parts. Only one was used (a section of the rocker and qtr panel dog leg). The used section is no different than a new section on that portion of sheet metal and it is more cost effective and required by the insurance company.

Our tech worked during the week and over a weekend to speed up the process on this repair to help for the delay and he was able to have the repair finished in less than one week. The refinish process had been done during that period too. That had us well ahead of the repair timeline which would normally take about 20 days. Once body repairs were done, we were waiting for a suspension part that was not available from Nissan at that time and no release date was known.

We received the suspension knuckle 14 days after body repairs were completed and the mechanic was able to assemble the suspension and have the vehicle done by the end of that day.

Katherine was updated several times during the repair process. I asked her about the scratch in her driver’s door but she never replied to us on that issue. The scratch did not look accident related and when she picked up her vehicle, she said it was there before (the scratch looked like it was from a bicycle handle).

I have no idea what Katherine is talking about with something ‘missing in her vehicle’. Her vehicle was full of personal and children’s items. When picking up her vehicle, she stated that we left the headrests off her rear seats but we never touched them (that was not part of the repair process). I simply installed them for her. Katherine has never asked me about items in her vehicle.

Katherine never expressed any complaints to us and her desires were that we use all new parts. She was provided a rental vehicle from the beginning which was paid by the insurance company. Since Katherine was updated numerous times, treated kindly and with professionalism, I don’t see how the experience could’ve been awful. The repair to her Nissan Rogue was done at the highest of industry standards and we stand behind our work with a full warranty along with a full warranty from the insurance company