Overall Rating 2.0/5Overall Rating 2.0/5rating 2.0rating 2.0rating 2.0
Andy V. ReScore Review on 02/02/2017
Recommended? Yes
Surecritic checkman logo Verified
"Elusive problem corrected "
While my car issue took longer to correct than I had hoped, he was able to find the problem and correct the elusive issue. Kelly's talents make him one of the best troubleshooters in town, especially for strange electrical problems, even if time isn't on his side. I've been going to Kelly for many years and he has always fixed the problem even though he may need some extra time due to resource constraints.
Vehicle: Buick Riviera
Service Date: 01/20/2017
Review Created: 01/31/2017 08:35 AM

"Time is not on his side and watch the shop/hazmat fee "
I caution you to check his schedule and verify he has the time to work on your vehicle. I recently had my car in his shop for over a month and had to go buy another car while it was there. I commute 100 miles round trip each day and wasn't going to rack up miles on my new truck so I had to go buy another commuter car while he was fixing mine for weeks. He said he didn't have time to work on a basket case yet kept taking on new business. Once he did work on it he had it fixed rather quickly. A positive in his favor was that he claimed that he had more time into the repair than he charged me for. He makes a pretty penny on his hazmat and shop supply fee. I had my auto in for an electrical issue, it wasn't a greasy or oily job and there were no fluids to dispose of so why the shop fee to cover paper towels and why the hazmat fee to cover disposal of fluids and chemicals? I have been going to Kelly for many years but this situation has a burr under my saddle.
Vehicle: Buick Riviera
Service Date: 01/20/2017
Review Created: 01/31/2017 08:35 AM
Kelly J. at Kelly's Auto Repair responded on 02/01/2017

It was a very strange electrical issue that take total focus. You can not run back and forth from other jobs. We are a 2 man shop and i am the only one that can diagnose electrical issues, i still have to run the business and the month of december my front office person was off pretty much all month and the temps. were below zero. Cars with straight forward issues were towed in faster than we could get the out. I worked 15 to 16 hour days the months of november and december.We were put in the middle of a customer that works on his own cars and having to figure out the issues. So on a day that the whole city was shut down with an ice storm i made it across town to focus on and fix andys car. I have bent over backwards for andy for years helping him fix cars over the phone at night and on weekends. Helped him figure out what parts to buy for him to fix his cars without compensation. The hazmat and shop supply fees are a percentage to cover all the fees of doing business and feel im being honest by putting them on the invoice instead of raising the labor charges like all the other shops, if you call and check other shops labor rates we are one of the lowest. Sorry you have a burr in your saddle but this review put a burr in my saddle and will be remembered in the future.

Displaying 1 Review