Overall Rating 1.0/5rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0
Overall Rating 1.0/5rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0
DON L. on 08/22/2017
"when I take vehicle in for repairs and I pick it up the repairs are always completed to my satisfaction."
Trust Ken Baker for honest and complete estimates of repairs. Have confidence in what they tell me needs to be done to a vehicle.Timely and reasonable costs to get my vehicle repaired.
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz SL-Class
Service Date: 08/19/2017
Review Created: 08/22/2017 08:11 AM
RICH G. on 08/20/2017
"easy to deal with - no dealer looking down their nose at you additude"
relaxed atmosphere
Service Date: 08/15/2017
Review Created: 08/20/2017 07:21 AM
CARL R. on 08/17/2017
"Mini Cooper oil change and break fuel change"
Work was completed in a reasonable time.
Vehicle: MINI Cooper Coupe
Service Date: 08/15/2017
Review Created: 08/17/2017 08:55 AM
WILLIAM H. on 08/12/2017
"Honest and courteous"
Porsche Boxster was leaving dime size oil stains on my garage floor. Took it to another shop who said expect to leave the car for up to one week as it will require engine washing, removal of a lower panel and possible engine running for several days. Stopped by Ken Baker. Manager said bring it in later in the week and for about $130 they would do a diagnosis. Turned out to be a damaged oil drain plug washer. They replaced the washer and did an Mobile 1 oil change. For about $140 I was back on the road with no leakage.
Vehicle: Porsche Boxster
Service Date: 08/04/2017
Review Created: 08/12/2017 06:50 AM
CHARLES B. on 08/12/2017
"Fast, knowledgable and fair "
Emission control icon came on. I did gas cap check and then called then called Ken Baker. They ran Porsche codes and replaced faulty valve with OEM part. I could not be happier. Very fair pricing and fast service. Showed me bad part and new OEM.
Vehicle: Porsche Cayenne
Service Date: 08/10/2017
Review Created: 08/12/2017 06:45 AM
ROY M. on 08/05/2017
"Knowledgeable with German vehicles "
Great service, very professional in diagnosing problem
Vehicle: Volkswagen Cabrio
Service Date: 08/03/2017
Review Created: 08/05/2017 07:56 PM
WAYNE S. on 08/02/2017
"Cause Determination"
Still have NOT identified the cause for suspected problem; e.g. @ high speed, between 70- to 80 MPH, some sway or sense of loss of control due to car drift, not like the car handled before the upper control arms were replaced. Otherwise the steering seems tight; Alignment on all 4 wheels DONE, high speed Road Force Balance DONE on all four tires, could it be lower control arms or wheel bearings ?? The book is OPEN.
Vehicle: BMW 5 Series
Review Created: 08/02/2017 08:39 AM
ANN V. on 08/01/2017
"People very kind, knowledgeable, and polite."
Appreciate efficiency
Service Date: 07/28/2017
Review Created: 08/01/2017 10:49 AM
ANGEL D. on 07/31/2017
"OVERWHELMED, PRICEY, AND SKETCHY"
My car had begun to ride very rough and wouldn't get out of 1st or 2nd without a lot of jerking. I drove it home about 15 miles and parked it in the garage overnight and noticed minor oil leak (less than 1/4 cup leaked onto the garage floor). Had it towed to Ken Baker for a diagnostic next morning. My initial reaction upon driving into Ken Baker Auto was that there were a lot of cars at his shop needing repair. At least 50+ cars on the property. Some looked like they were there for a long time and others appeared to be short term, like mine. I spoke to Jimmy and he appeared friendly and knowledgeable, but overwhelmed. Phones were ringing off the hook and nobody around to assist. I asked him how many technicians he had to help him and he stated he had 2 plus himself to repair vehicles and provide customer service. Nevertheless, he stated my car wouldn't take that long to repair. The next day Jimmy called telling the bad news that my transmission had experienced “a major internal catastrophic failure” and that I would need to replace my transmission, as well as a CV boot that had been replaced a year earlier by the dealership, and a leaking valve gasket. I asked him if he can rebuild the transmission to save on costs and he stated I’m better off buying another one. Labor charges alone exceeded $2,300; about 90% higher than the other Import Auto Service mechanics in the area. I didn’t have a good warm and fuzzy about my experience with Ken Baker -- I paid the $115 Diagnostic testing, received no documented feedback from the diagnostic results (bad codes); only Jimmy's word that it was done. I was given a receipt with recommended work to be completed along with labor costs to complete said work. I said Thank You and went on my way.
Needing a second opinion with KB’s labor costs alone exceeding $2,300, I paid to tow my car to another Import mechanic referred by a co-worker. They put it on the lift and turned on the vehicle. Instantly, oil began to gush out of the transmission like I've never seen. I told them I had started the car the day prior when it was towed to Ken Baker and it didn't leak nowhere close to what I just seen. Upon further inspection by the mechanic he noticed the transmission hose appeared to be in poor condition. He recommended we replace the hose first ($170 from the dealership), drain and refill with new transmission fluid, then retest for further diagnostic. Makes a lot of sense to me to invest $170 instead of jumping into a $4,000 job. The next day the mechanic called me stating the car was running like a finely tuned oiled machine. He stated the transmission hose was bad which resulted in low fluid in the transmission. One bad transmission hose….$170! He did recommend the timing chain be replaced since I had 97,000 miles on it, so I had him do it.
My question is this. What could have Ken Baker Auto done better so that they would not have lost a potential longtime customer? I even told Jimmy that I was local and in need of a local import mechanic to work on my car today and into the future. I told him my car had been maintained by the dealership, but the warranty had recently expired and that I was shopping for a loyal mechanic. I was looking for that trust and loyalty from Jimmy and he failed and failed miserably at it based on my one-time experience with him and Ken Baker Auto. It appears KB isn’t in the business of diagnosing anything and would rather replace a suspected faulty part to increase revenue. It’s a bad business model to follow and can’t imagine customers appreciate it. KB’s online reviews also paint the same picture of what I experienced. No repeat customer here, sorry. I cannot with honest opinion refer anyone to Ken Baker.
Vehicle: Audi A4
Review Created: 07/31/2017 05:45 AM
Cal B. at Ken Baker Originals responded on 08/01/2017

Angel I'm  certainly sorry you feel this way. However the planetarium gear inside of your transmission is making any excessive amount  of noise. That is why we did not feel as if it were worthwhile to make the temporary fix that you apparently chose to have done.   I assure you that at no point did anyone take advantage of you or have any ill intentions toward you. We just know that when the planetarium gear starts making that much noise the transmission is going to fail.  That is why we recommended changing the transmission. It is not a matter of if it is going to fail but. Period

Kenneth C Baker jr
LEONARD C. on 07/30/2017
"Great servivce!"
Jimmy is very efficient and friendly and makes sure the job is done right,
Vehicle: BMW X5
Review Created: 07/30/2017 02:00 PM
ANNE S. on 07/28/2017
"communication"
Not only do they answer all your questions, but they return your calls with price and what service your car needs. I would not take my Volvo anywhere else.
Vehicle: Volvo XC90
Review Created: 07/28/2017 01:15 PM
CHUCK D. on 07/28/2017
"friendly, knowledgeable, fast"
Overall good experience
Vehicle: Land Rover Range Rover Evoque
Review Created: 07/28/2017 04:59 AM
GARY B. on 07/25/2017
"Jimmy, KBO's Service Manager"
During my first visit, Jimmy, KBO's Service Manager quickly diagnosed the problems with my 2005 BMW 330i and completed the necessary repairs with no unexpected, expensive surprises when I picked up the car.
Vehicle: BMW 330i
Service Date: 07/20/2017
Review Created: 07/25/2017 11:25 AM
Will S. on 07/25/2017
Will said he has done business with them for years.
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class
Service Date: 07/17/2017
Review Created: 07/25/2017
Jc C. on 07/24/2017
JC said the business was very persistent in calling with updates on his repair.
Vehicle: Saab 9-3
Service Date: 07/21/2017
Review Created: 07/24/2017
Phil F. on 07/19/2017
Phil said the business is too expensive.
Service Date: 07/13/2017
Review Created: 07/19/2017
Ray M. on 07/17/2017
Ray said the business took longer than expected and he did not know why.
Service Date: 07/14/2017
Review Created: 07/17/2017
CHARLIE A. on 07/12/2017
"Timely and very friendly staff"
Excellent service!!
Vehicle: Porsche Cayenne
Service Date: 07/06/2017
Review Created: 07/12/2017 09:05 AM
DEE M. on 07/10/2017
"Service"
Friendly, knowledgeable and professional.
Vehicle: Volkswagen New Beetle
Service Date: 06/30/2017
Review Created: 07/10/2017 01:53 PM
PAUL S. on 07/09/2017
"Oil leak"
The vehicle is 11 years old and has a slight oil leak. Jimmy replaced the gaskets again but I still find a drop or two on the floor. I believe he has done all he could do under the circumstances.
Vehicle: BMW X3