Kerner's Auto Service

Overall Rating 4.3/5Overall Rating 4.3/5Overall Rating 4.3/5Overall Rating 4.3/5rating 4.3
Overall Rating 2.3/5Overall Rating 2.3/5rating 2.3rating 2.3rating 2.3
JENNIFER C. on 08/08/2017
"Friendly and Convenient"
This is that neighborhood place where you get to know the guys and chat about the Tigers while your oil is getting changed.
Vehicle: GMC Acadia
Service Date: 08/07/2017
Review Created: 08/08/2017 05:57 AM
PETER G. on 08/03/2017
"Good service at a reasonable price"
I was contacted about the brake repair on my 2005 Saturn Ion and they informed me the repair would be around $230. I expected it to be around $400 so the estimate was a pleasant surprise. 2 hours later they called to inform me that the car was ready. The car's brake are better than when I bought the car (used). I've had several cars serviced here and so far, all the visits have gone well and The costs have been very reasonable. Kerner's is on my list of trusted automotive service centers.
Vehicle: Saturn Ion
Service Date: 08/02/2017
Review Created: 08/03/2017 08:37 PM
AL T. on 08/03/2017
"Honest & Competent Mechanics"
I've been having my cars serviced by Kerner's for more than 35 years for work not covered by warranties or recalls. I have complete confidence that they'll do the job right the first time. Moreover, if they tell me my vehicle needs something done, I trust that they're being honest and not just trying to up-sell me on an unneeded repair.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Malibu
Service Date: 08/01/2017
Review Created: 08/03/2017 08:22 AM
KAYLEE Z. on 07/26/2017
"Daughters car "
Everyone is so nice. They never make you feel stupid and explain everything clearly. They care and it shows!
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon
Service Date: 07/25/2017
Review Created: 07/26/2017 12:03 PM
LEONARD N. on 07/25/2017
"Easy to find with great work being done"
Very good. We have Ben coming there for years and always satisfied with their work. Thanks
Vehicle: Ford Econoline
Service Date: 07/15/2017
Review Created: 07/25/2017 04:13 PM
Clayton M. on 07/25/2017
Clayton said he was very happy. He has used them for years, and will continue to.
Vehicle: Jeep Grand Cherokee
Service Date: 07/06/2017
Review Created: 07/25/2017
LISA R. on 07/21/2017
"Air conditioning"
The car was fixed when promised and an alternative distributor brought it in under budget.
Vehicle: Ford Escape
Service Date: 07/19/2017
Review Created: 07/21/2017 02:55 AM
Faye M. on 07/19/2017
Faye said the work was good at the business, and she has recommended them to others.
Vehicle: Ford Focus
Service Date: 07/18/2017
Jim P. on 07/19/2017
Jim said the service was good.
Vehicle: Cadillac
Service Date: 07/17/2017
Dennis P. on 07/19/2017
Dennis said this business went above and beyond. He was very satisfied with the work and the price was excellent.
Vehicle: Chrysler Town & Country
Service Date: 07/14/2017
VERONICA S. on 07/18/2017
"Honesty and dependability."
I have been coming to Kerners for many years for servicing my autos and I have ALWAYS gotten honesty and good work. I always recommend them to family and friends. Never any high pressure here.
Vehicle: Ford Fusion
Service Date: 07/14/2017
Review Created: 07/18/2017 03:39 AM
Glenn R. on 07/18/2017
Glenn said his experience with this business was good. He is a very good friends with the business owner. Things have always worked out well with them.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Cavalier
Service Date: 07/13/2017
Review Created: 07/18/2017
Earle S. ReScore Review on 07/17/2017
Surecritic checkman logo Verified
"Change Response Follow-Up"
Your response read as expected . I am sure cutomers don't get to see my follow-up. I stand by everything I said. I did not critique your work. Just the shift in selling. If you
record listen to the call I received. You know your parts pricing is at the high end of the norm and should not recommend unnecesary work like the steering rack. It is weeping slightly at the pump and bellows and after checking it took about 1/2 ounce to bring to full. Both other shops suggesting monitoring it but not replacing it. Your desk person appears ro be a salesman and as I stated it is just a culture change. I can not come back as you are obviously defending your approach. Inspection forms are hardly new and I always thought you were inspecting my cars ad I was forwarned about thing that should be monitored and informed about things I thought I needed but were actually ok. Your shop rates and hours are fair and again I have many experiences to draw on when comparing my recent experience. I am curious if my call came from tech or
"sales" person. If cutomers see this read my earlier review. The guys are good and deserve respect, but you must be aware of necessity of work suggested. As always "Buyer Beware".
Service Date: 07/11/2017
Review Created: 07/16/2017 01:07 PM

Verified badge inactive Verified
"Change"
I have been a customer for about six years and spent thousands of dollars on services that were needed and I believe were priced fairly. I took my car in last week expecting to spend about $800. Estimate came back at 768 plus 360 for a necessary repair. My problem was the total estimate of over 3500 dollars. While I have spent more than that on single trip in the past I feel the other items were upsells which was confirmed by two other shops. The final bill for the neccessory repairs was $785 vs approx $1100 at Kerners. If you go there have them thouroughly explain the estimate to you based on their inspection sheets and individual estimate sheets. Their work is top notch but they have room on parts charges and you need to know what is necessary and what is recommended before agreeing to repairs. If I had not recently retired I probanly would have spent the $3500 and left happy. I think the ownership is the same but the culture has changed. I got a little too trusting. FYI my car is 11 years old and worth about 2500 if I sell it. I am sure the owner will respond with where he disagrees with my review but all I am doing is suggesting people take a second look at estimates for expensive unexpected repairs, negotiate and get a second opinion without telling them you have already got an estimate. I am not angry with my recent experience just dissapointed. Someone new was working the counter which may have something to do with my experince but Mike was there also.
Service Date: 07/11/2017
Review Created: 07/16/2017 01:07 PM
Mike M. at Kerner's Auto Service responded on 07/17/2017

Mr. Shuster,

Thanks for taking the time to leave a detailed review about your experience with us at Kerner's Auto Service. As mentioned during our conversation we perform a detailed multi-point inspection on every vehicle that comes into the shop for service. We never up sell or attempt to sell you repairs that are not necessary. The purpose of the inspection is simply to identify what we have found wrong with the vehicle while here at the shop. It is always present to you in a manner that puts you in control of any repairs you wish to perform. Should you not want an inspection, please feel free to let us know when you drop of your vehicle for service.  I price shop our competition regularly to insure we still continue to be the best value.  In addition, should you ever receive an estimate that is less than what we recommended, we will always beat the price. I believe you recognize that value in our service here at Kerner's Auto and hope to see you again in the future.

Mike M. at Kerner's Auto Service responded on 07/18/2017

Mr. Shuster,

Thanks again for choosing Kerner's Auto Service.

PETER G. on 07/14/2017
"Service "
Prompt friendly car care
Vehicle: Dodge Durango
Service Date: 07/12/2017
Review Created: 07/14/2017 03:27 AM
RICHARD K. on 07/13/2017
"key fob "
The open button on oue key fob broke in your care and the service was slow.
Vehicle: GMC Terrain
Service Date: 07/12/2017
Review Created: 07/13/2017 04:57 AM
Mike M. at Kerner's Auto Service responded on 07/14/2017

Richard,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to our review request.  In response to your key fob problem as mentioned when we spoke in person I would be more than happy to order you a replacement pad for your warn key fob. I apologize if you feel the service was slow. In the future the best way to get your vehicle serviced the quickest, is to make an appointment by calling the shop ahead of time.  We try to accommodate our customers as quickly as possible.  Should  you still like me to order the replacement key fob pad,  feel free to let me know and I shall do that.  In the future I hope that you continue to trust us at Kerners Auto service for your auto repair needs.

Anthony L. on 07/11/2017
Spoke with Sharon. She said they're the nicest people, they're honest and affordable. They were wonderful, truthful and great.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Malibu
Service Date: 07/06/2017
Review Created: 07/11/2017
JOHN D. on 07/06/2017
"good service"
very good people to work with.
Vehicle: Ford Ranger
Service Date: 07/05/2017
Review Created: 07/06/2017 06:54 AM
HEATHER C. on 06/29/2017
"Best service I've ever had"
I would never take my car anywhere else, I am always treated wonderfully and fair. Highly recommend Kerners, great staff too!
Vehicle: Chrysler PT Cruiser
Service Date: 06/19/2017
Review Created: 06/29/2017 06:53 AM
KEVIN W. on 06/21/2017
"Trusted Service"
Thanks for the great service!
Vehicle: Ford Fusion
Service Date: 06/16/2017
Review Created: 06/21/2017 07:44 AM
Craig N. on 06/21/2017
Spoke with Craig's wife. She said the service from this business was excellent. They got her vehicle in and out.
Vehicle: Buick Rendezvous