Kevins Auto Repair

Cindy J. on 06/09/2017
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Ripped Off"
We took our Dodge Ram to Kevin's Repair because it would not start. We were told that the truck needed a computer replaced . Kevin replaced the computer and said he did a test drive and it was good to go. He charged us around six hundred dollars. When we got the truck back the air conditioner would not work and the truck was shifting hard . Next day the truck would jerk when you stepped on the gas . We pulled out on the highway and the truck wouldn't even go , it just jerked us all over the road and then it started going dead over and over again. Called Kevin and he said bring it back so we did. Kevin claims that they had nothing to do with the truck having any such problem yet when we brought the truck to him it shifted smooth and the air conditioning worked perfect. Kevin did more repairs and charged us five hundred and forty two dollars. We feel ripped off after paying him over eleven hundred dollars and still not sure if the truck is fixed since we just picked it up today.
Service Date: 06/05/2017
Review Created: 06/09/2017 07:45 PM
Kevin & Regena C. at Kevins Auto Repair responded on 07/12/2017

You said your truck was running great when you brought it in but it wasn’t running that’s why you towed it in. We did find a bad computer and wanted to put in a remanufactured one but you said you couldn’t afford $1500 so we were able to find a used one and do the entire job for around half the cost of just the computer. I did drive the truck after the computer replacement and had no problems. I did not try the AC because that’s not what the truck was in for. You said the problem happened right away, yet you drove the truck for over a month and 752 miles before you brought it back in. We trouble shot the truck and found a bad crankshaft sensor and a bad AC high pressure switch, neither part would have been affected by the used computer. When I called to tell you what we found you initially told me the truck had never ran bad before but yet when I told you it needed a crank sensor you said “oh there is a new crank sensor is the glove box”, if it never ran bad before why did you have that sensor? So I’m sorry if you feel ripped off but we don’t do that to our customers. We’ve been in business for over 25 years and have always taken care of our customers with a 2 year 24,000 mile parts and labor nationwide warranty on most all our repairs and we have won many awards for being a great shop.

Tim P. on 09/11/2011
"Work on Chevy Pickup"
Kevin's has always provided excellent service. I have recommended them to many friends.
Service Date: 08/19/2011
Review Created: 09/11/2011 05:38 AM
RB B. on 09/07/2011
"auto repair"
I am always very happy with the work at kevins.
Service Date: 08/19/2011
Review Created: 09/07/2011 09:09 AM
Larry S. on 09/06/2011
"Mr."
I have been pleased with this company. The work is good and the friendly atmosphere gives me the impression that they like to help people
Service Date: 08/16/2011
Review Created: 09/06/2011 02:24 PM
Joe C. on 08/30/2011
"great service"
Kevin provides honest dependable service
at a reasonable price.
Service Date: 08/10/2011
Review Created: 08/30/2011 12:35 PM
Kevin S. on 08/25/2011
"Great experience"
Just what I expected from an auto repair shop. Good honest work and very informative.
Service Date: 08/15/2011
Review Created: 08/25/2011 07:49 PM
Buck & Babs R. on 08/25/2011
"Great Service!!"
Love going to Kevins!! always fair and the job is always done right
Service Date: 08/09/2011
Review Created: 08/25/2011 06:48 AM
Bart & Jen J. on 08/13/2011
"Trust"
Everyone wants a mechanic they can trust. So glad we found Kevin!
Service Date: 08/12/2011