Lakewood Lube And Repair

Overall Rating 2.0/5Overall Rating 2.0/5rating 2.0rating 2.0rating 2.0
Overall Rating 1.0/5rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0
Fred C. ReScore Review on 05/11/2017
Surecritic checkman logo Verified
Fred said he was dissatisfied and he had to pay extra. No one called him so he had to call them. He waited four hours and they overcharged him.
Service Date: 04/19/2017
Review Created: 04/22/2017

Fred said it took them 4 hours to do a compression test. They wanted to charge him $3,400 to balance the vehicle and obtain additional parts. He would not recommend this facility to anyone.
Service Date: 04/19/2017
Review Created: 04/22/2017
John J., Owner at Lakewood Lube And Repair responded on 05/08/2017

I am so sorry that Fred decided to be so negative in response to what was a very simple transaction.  His response is inaccurate in that we did not take 4 hours to do a compression check, and we did not tell him that we wanted $3400 to "balance his engne".  We did perform a compression check and we found that he had two dead cylinders, meaning no compression at all in those two cylinders.  We stated that the problem was either a head gasket or bad valves and in either case, the cylinder head would need to be removed.  We did give this gentleman a quote of $3400, but it was for a top overhaul on both cylinder heads of his V8 engine.  We never used the words "balance the engine" and I don't know where he got that terminology.  Balancing engines is a specialty performed by very few shops and has nothing to do with a repair.  Obviously Fred did not like the result of his visit here, but his total bill was $149.50 which he paid.  We have his estimate on file, and we are unhappy that Fred is unhappy, but his review has nothing at all to do with reality.

Valentin A. on 07/25/2017
Valentin said this business provided good service.
Vehicle: BMW 3 Series
Service Date: 07/10/2017
Review Created: 07/25/2017
Kelli F. on 07/19/2017
Kelli said the business did a good job, they were fast and they dealt with her problem right away.
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz ML350
Service Date: 06/27/2017
Review Created: 07/19/2017

Kelli,

Thanks so much for the kind words of your review.  We are obviously not as big as the "big boys" and the dealerships, but we try to be the best.  I am very happy that you are happy with us.

John
President, Locomotives, Inc.

Gene W. on 07/13/2017
Gene said John Paul did a great job. He took care of his vehicle and he trusts him.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Corvette
Service Date: 07/10/2017
Review Created: 07/13/2017

Hello Gene!

I am very pleased that you have learned to trust us at my little auto repair shop.  We service all makes and models, but my first choice of vehicles to work on will always be the Chevy Corvette (America's Sports Car)!  Thank you for bringing your Vette to my shop!  I know what it means to search for a trusted shop to work on your awesome car, and I'm glad that you chose us.  You will never be lied to or mislead at this shop, as long as I am here.

John, President

Samantha S. on 07/13/2017
Samantha said this business was quick. They were very fast.
Vehicle: Hyundai Elantra
Service Date: 07/11/2017
Review Created: 07/13/2017

Hi Samantha!

I am very happy that you like the service at our little auto shop.  We try to be fast, but never at the cost of sacrificing quality.  My goal at this shop is "honest and fair auto repair" and I mean it sincerely.

Thank you for trusting us to work on your car.

John, President

WENDIE O. on 07/12/2017
"Great work and customer service. "
The staff and owner did all that was needed to get my vehicle in good running condition. I had a deadline to make a long trip and they worked very hard to get all diagnosed and completed. I was extremely happy!!
Vehicle: Nissan Xterra
Service Date: 07/01/2017
Review Created: 07/12/2017 09:48 PM
Eric L. on 06/27/2017
Eric said the business did not catch a problem with his vehicle so he ended up having to bring his vehicle back twice.
Vehicle: Nissan 300ZX
Service Date: 05/31/2017
Christina S. on 06/27/2017
Christina said this business is really informative. She said they are great, except she did not get a call back when she was supposed to.
Vehicle: Chrysler Pacifica
Service Date: 05/31/2017

Hi Christina!

I am so sorry that we missed a call to you.  I take full responsibilty since I am likely the person who dropped the ball.  Its hard to keep up this year as we are unusually busy.  But that is not meant as an excuse.  It might also be that I'm getting too darn old!  But, we still believe in our motto: "Honest and Fair Auto Repair", and I promise that honesty and quality work is what you will get from my shop.  Even if I drop the ball on making contact.  I'll try harder!  And, I have hired an office assistant since you were here.  Her name is Mallory, and she has really been a big help!  Sometimes I drop the ball, but I learn from all mistakes, and one of the reasons that Mallory is here is to prevent me from making such errors.  She does a good job, and I will try harder!

Thanks so much for the kind words, and I'm trying to correct your concerns.

John Paul Jones, President
An AC Delco Professional Service Center
"Rated" A+ by the BBB and Angie's List!

Brian B. on 06/27/2017
Brian said everything was great during his visit to this business. They were honest and straightforward.
Vehicle: Volkswagen Jetta
Service Date: 06/01/2017
DAN B. on 06/26/2017
"Great service and price"
After years of trading with Lakewood lube, I find there service to be impeccable as well as reliable and honest. It's hard to find a good mechanic (one that you can trust in repair as well as gattingca fair price - lots lower than dealerships , yet performed by certified mechanics. One less headache in life when you choose Lakewood Lube and repair.
Service Date: 06/22/2017
Review Created: 06/26/2017 08:51 AM
Beth B. on 06/26/2017
Beth said this business was wonderful. She was very happy with their service.
Vehicle: Jeep Grand Cherokee
Service Date: 06/24/2017
Review Created: 06/26/2017
Jones T. on 06/24/2017
Jones said they were up front, honest and flexible. They tried to meet his financial needs as well as take care of his vehicle.
Vehicle: Kia Forte
Service Date: 06/21/2017
Review Created: 06/24/2017
DONNA M. on 06/19/2017
"like the people, price, and service"
John is delightful.
Vehicle: Ford RV Cutaway
Service Date: 06/13/2017
Review Created: 06/19/2017 10:17 AM
Jim C. on 06/15/2017
Jim said the business was fine. They got him in and they took care of his vehicle in a timely manner. They were courteous.
Vehicle: Toyota Corolla
Service Date: 06/12/2017
Review Created: 06/15/2017
KEN C. on 06/10/2017
"Great Service"
Speedy, friendly service and excellent work with no fooling around or trying to sell stuff we don't need.
Vehicle: Toyota Matrix
Service Date: 06/08/2017
Review Created: 06/10/2017 10:07 AM
JANE B. on 06/09/2017
"Friendly, honest work."
Appreciated the fact that I had an emergency the other day and John got me in so quickly and by the end of the day, I was up and running.
Vehicle: Subaru Outback
Service Date: 06/07/2017
Review Created: 06/09/2017 10:44 AM
Kye S. on 05/31/2017
Kye said there seems to be some sort of conflict between the staff and the owner of this business. They need to get on the same page, especially when it comes to pricing.
Vehicle: Toyota 4Runner
Service Date: 04/17/2017
Review Created: 05/31/2017
Phil C. on 05/31/2017
Phil said this business provided him with good service. Their prices are a little bit expensive. However, they are knowledgeable. He likes their work ethic and their personnel.
Vehicle: Ford Taurus
Vehicle: Ford Explorer
Service Date: 05/25/2017
Review Created: 05/29/2017 06:14 AM
CAROL W. on 05/27/2017
"Consistent, high quality service"
I've taken my vehicles to Lakewood Lube and Repair for years and have always been pleased with the quality of their service. They consistently do what needs to be done without suggesting additional services that are not needed.
Vehicle: Honda CR-V