Lakewood Lube And Repair

Overall Rating 2.0/5Overall Rating 2.0/5rating 2.0rating 2.0rating 2.0
Overall Rating 1.0/5rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0
Fred C. ReScore Review on 05/11/2017
Surecritic checkman logo Verified
Fred said he was dissatisfied and he had to pay extra. No one called him so he had to call them. He waited four hours and they overcharged him.
Vehicle: Ford Pickup
Service Date: 04/19/2017
Review Created: 04/22/2017

Fred said it took them 4 hours to do a compression test. They wanted to charge him $3,400 to balance the vehicle and obtain additional parts. He would not recommend this facility to anyone.
Vehicle: Ford Pickup
Service Date: 04/19/2017
Review Created: 04/22/2017
John J., Owner at Lakewood Lube And Repair responded on 05/08/2017

I am so sorry that Fred decided to be so negative in response to what was a very simple transaction.  His response is inaccurate in that we did not take 4 hours to do a compression check, and we did not tell him that we wanted $3400 to "balance his engne".  We did perform a compression check and we found that he had two dead cylinders, meaning no compression at all in those two cylinders.  We stated that the problem was either a head gasket or bad valves and in either case, the cylinder head would need to be removed.  We did give this gentleman a quote of $3400, but it was for a top overhaul on both cylinder heads of his V8 engine.  We never used the words "balance the engine" and I don't know where he got that terminology.  Balancing engines is a specialty performed by very few shops and has nothing to do with a repair.  Obviously Fred did not like the result of his visit here, but his total bill was $149.50 which he paid.  We have his estimate on file, and we are unhappy that Fred is unhappy, but his review has nothing at all to do with reality.

Susette B. on 09/14/2017
Susette said the business always has great customer service. They get things done in a timely manner and John is always on top of things. She would like to thank him for being there and for being flexible.
Vehicle: Nissan Titan
Service Date: 09/05/2017
Review Created: 09/14/2017
MARK B. on 09/13/2017
"Great Service - Great folks - I just take it for granted at Lakewood Lube"
I always recommend John at Lakewood Lube
Vehicle: Chevrolet HHR
Service Date: 09/11/2017
Review Created: 09/13/2017 07:26 PM
Ashley S. on 08/30/2017
Ashley said the business is friendly and they did a good job. Her vehicle is doing well since the service.
Vehicle: Nissan Maxima
Service Date: 08/17/2017
Review Created: 08/30/2017
Brendan B. on 08/30/2017
Brendan said this business worked with him. They got him scheduled as quickly as possible and had reasonable rates.
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon
Service Date: 08/18/2017
Review Created: 08/30/2017
Lace L. on 08/25/2017
Lace said she has gone to the business for years and she has never been let down. The staff gets her in quickly and they do a great job.
Vehicle: Ford Expedition
Service Date: 08/21/2017
Review Created: 08/25/2017
Steven M. on 08/23/2017
Steven said they always fit him in and he would recommend them for service.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Uplander
Service Date: 08/18/2017
Review Created: 08/23/2017
Cheyenne M. on 08/21/2017
Cheyenne said the service was great.
Vehicle: Kia Optima
Service Date: 08/17/2017
Review Created: 08/21/2017
HEIDI S. on 08/15/2017
"I love this place! Great service that is reliable and very friendly"
I have been taking my car here for three years now, and they always go above and beyond.
Vehicle: Toyota Yaris
Service Date: 08/14/2017
Review Created: 08/15/2017 12:42 AM
Mandy E. on 08/10/2017
Mandy said she has always had great service with this business.
Vehicle: Jeep Grand Cherokee
Service Date: 08/07/2017
Review Created: 08/10/2017
Ed W. on 08/09/2017
Ed said he has already recommended them. It was outstanding service.
Service Date: 08/08/2017
Review Created: 08/09/2017
NADINE M. on 08/05/2017
"Highly trustworthy"
This auto shop stands for fair and honest work...I feel confident that my needs are met and that I have not been oversold on items I do not need. Owner is straightforward and gentle---- am grateful that I do not have to drive all over town to find reliable service such as this shop provides.
Vehicle: Honda Accord Sdn
Service Date: 08/03/2017
Review Created: 08/05/2017 01:14 PM
Anthony C. on 07/31/2017
Anthony said his vehicle is working great. He has already recommended the business to his parents.
Vehicle: INFINITI G37 Coupe
Service Date: 07/25/2017
Review Created: 07/31/2017
DANA D. on 07/28/2017
"Fast, friendly service"
They got me in at 8:00am and my full service oil change was finished before 8:30.
Vehicle: Saturn SL
Service Date: 07/28/2017
Review Created: 07/28/2017 08:14 PM
Michael H. on 07/27/2017
Michael said this business is friendly. They were able to fit him in and get the job completed quickly.
Vehicle: Isuzu i-370
Service Date: 07/08/2017
Review Created: 07/27/2017
Valentin A. on 07/25/2017
Valentin said this business provided good service.
Vehicle: BMW 3 Series
Service Date: 07/10/2017
Review Created: 07/25/2017
Kelli F. on 07/19/2017
Kelli said the business did a good job, they were fast and they dealt with her problem right away.
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz ML350
Service Date: 06/27/2017
Review Created: 07/19/2017

Kelli,

Thanks so much for the kind words of your review.  We are obviously not as big as the "big boys" and the dealerships, but we try to be the best.  I am very happy that you are happy with us.

John
President, Locomotives, Inc.

Gene W. on 07/13/2017
Gene said John Paul did a great job. He took care of his vehicle and he trusts him.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Corvette
Service Date: 07/10/2017
Review Created: 07/13/2017

Hello Gene!

I am very pleased that you have learned to trust us at my little auto repair shop.  We service all makes and models, but my first choice of vehicles to work on will always be the Chevy Corvette (America's Sports Car)!  Thank you for bringing your Vette to my shop!  I know what it means to search for a trusted shop to work on your awesome car, and I'm glad that you chose us.  You will never be lied to or mislead at this shop, as long as I am here.

John, President
Locomotives, Inc.

Samantha S. on 07/13/2017
Samantha said this business was quick. They were very fast.
Vehicle: Hyundai Elantra
Service Date: 07/11/2017
Review Created: 07/13/2017

Hi Samantha!

I am very happy that you like the service at our little auto shop.  We try to be fast, but never at the cost of sacrificing quality.  My goal at this shop is "honest and fair auto repair" and I mean it sincerely.

Thank you for trusting us to work on your car.

John, President
Locomotives, Inc.

WENDIE O. on 07/12/2017
"Great work and customer service. "
The staff and owner did all that was needed to get my vehicle in good running condition. I had a deadline to make a long trip and they worked very hard to get all diagnosed and completed. I was extremely happy!!
Vehicle: Nissan Xterra