John S. on 03/01/2017
"Work not done correctly."
For the first time, I have to give Leighton's a bad review. We've been customers for over 20 years and have always had really good service. Our VW EOS had a recall for a bad ABS module and when we took it to the VW dealer, they called and said that whoever had done the strut installation had done a very poor job on the driver's side and that they would recommend taking it back to the shop and have them correct this mistake. They told me that there were three points of attachment and that one was loose, one was stripped completely and one had a a new nut on it. They said that they typically replace this piece when they do the strut replacement as did Leighton's. Evidently this piece was not replaced for whatever reason and the reattachment was not done properly. The dealer sent me a picture of our VW and of one that was done correctly and it is easy to see the stripped bolt and new nut which showed that the workmanship at Leighton's was very shoddy. I will be making an appointment when we get the car back from the VW dealer to have this corrected.
Since this is the first time in over 20 years that I've had a known problem with anything, I'm willing to give Leighton's a second chance. However, if it's not made right, I will be in the market for a new shop. Until that time, I still recommend Leighton's because I assume that they will make this right for us.
Vehicle: Volkswagen Eos
Service Date: 02/14/2017
Review Created: 03/01/2017 08:58 AM
Shawn and B., General Manager at Leighton's Garage responded on 03/02/2017

John, after speaking with you I think there may be a little bit of a misunderstanding. We look forward to correcting the issue and hope we can serve you in the future. Customer service is our highest priority

Shawn M Casey