Overall Rating 2.25/5Overall Rating 2.25/5rating 2.25rating 2.25rating 2.25
MIKE P. ReScore Review on 01/16/2017
Surecritic checkman logo Verified
"Corrective Action Taken by Business Owner - CV Axle OK, Rear Brakes OK, Oil Change. Overfilled..."
This history is relevant:
I have been a customer of Marty DiSanto since he was a service manager for another auto repair company. He treated his customers very well then and I was a repeat customer. In 1996 Marty left that business to start his own. I stayed with that other business, but their new service manager was very, very difficult to work with. After being disappointed more than once, I searched for and found Marty at his new business Marty's Autoworks. I soon realized that it was Marty, not the previous business that provided the honesty I wanted. Marty was the one who was taking the time to explain what was broken, what had to be fixed now, what could wait in a way that I could understand. For more than 20 years I have been satisfied with him and his hand-picked employees' commitment to honesty and transparency when making automobile repairs.

Why I wrote the 3 out of 5 star review:
Because their overfilling of motor oil in my Toyota had happened before and overfilling has serious motor damage consequences, I was compelled to write a review pointing out the repeat problem.

What happened after I posted my three out of five star review:
Service Manager Nick called me and discussed the specifics. He took my review seriously. He offered my next oil change for free and offered a free inspection to see if other mechanical issues could be causing the [pooling] oil. Then I told Nick the oil overfill happened that last time they changed my oil. He became more concerned.
While I had him on the phone, I told him any time I've had them do any work that required putting air in my tires, they have been way-over filled.
> He said he'd investigate, check the equipment and make sure his technicians are following procedures.

On 12/06/2016, Nick called me and said:
+ All of the oil guns were tested and one was out of calibration.
+ That the “AllData” book they use to service automobiles has two listings for my 1987 Toyota Corolla. Once for each size of engine. BUT, the book's specifications for my smaller (3.5 quart) 1.6L engine has the same oil capacity as the larger engine (4.5 quart). The book is wrong. Nick concludes that the technician was following the specifications, causing an overfill situation. He is going to contact “AllData” to get them to correct their error.
+ Because of my air pressure complaint, Marty has ordered all new air chucks. They are top-of-the-line, with gauges in the handles.

This swift investigation and corrective action shows that Marty's Autoworks' commitment to the best automobile service is ongoing and solid. I am satisfied that the issues are resolved.
Vehicle: Toyota Corolla
Service Date: 10/05/2016
Review Created: 12/05/2016 03:19 PM

"CV Axle OK, Rear Brakes OK, Oil Change.. Overfilled"
In the week following replacement of the CV axle, complete overhaul of the rear brakes and a motor oil/filter change, MORE than the usual amount of motor oil appeared on the garage floor, under my 29 year old car. So much so that I checked the oil dip stick. Rather than it finding it low from all the oil loss onto the floor, the oil was way over the full limit mark. 3/4 of an inch over the mark! Not wanting to loose the use of my car for another day, I put the car on some ramps I used to use when I was young enough to do my own basic maintenance. Then drained the oil some. Then put back the right amount (full mark on the dip stick).

I have no idea what damage was caused to the engine. Overfilled oil typically first causes damage to seals. But also can cause causes air pockets and less liquid oil to cool parts such as piston skirts. The foamed oil also sticks in place and doesn't drain back to the pan.

I've not yet had problems with the CV axle of the rear brakes.
Vehicle: Toyota Corolla
Service Date: 10/05/2016
Review Created: 12/05/2016 03:19 PM
Marty D., Owner at Marty's Auto Works responded on 12/13/2016

Sorry for this issue with your vehicle.  Per your conversation with us, we hope we have resolved the problem.

THANK YOU!!

Ron G. ReScore Review on 11/12/2016
Surecritic checkman logo Verified
Ron said he took his vehicle back to the business and replaced the part he needed at no charge. They were nice and he had no problems working with them. He said he was happy with them.
Vehicle: Volkswagen Jetta
Service Date: 10/14/2016
Review Created: 10/18/2016

Ron said the vehicle is till hesitating when accelerated and the engine light is back on. He said he will have to bring the vehicle back in.
Vehicle: Volkswagen Jetta
Service Date: 10/14/2016
Review Created: 10/18/2016
Marty D., Owner at Marty's Auto Works responded on 11/08/2016

We are happy that you brought the vehicle back into us and we got it running much better.

Thank you for your continued patronage.

Marty DiSanto & Staff
Marty D., Owner at Marty's Auto Works responded on 12/13/2016

Thank you and Happy Holidays!!

GREG F. ReScore Review on 10/23/2013
"Thanks"
I really appreciated Marty personally calling me after the problems from my last service. They stepped up and took care of the problem. I'll definitely keep bringing my vehicles to Marty's Auto for all my service needs.
Service Date: 10/04/2013
Review Created: 10/10/2013 08:07 AM

"couple of issues"
I usually have no problems with Marty's Auto but on my last visit, I specifically asked them to call me on my cell phone...not my home phone (they have both) when they had an estimate. They called my home instead which resulted in delaying the work that needed to be done.
The also forgot to grease the new ball joints that they installed.
Service Date: 10/04/2013
Review Created: 10/10/2013 08:07 AM
Marty D., Owner at Marty's Auto Works responded on 10/19/2013

After reviewing the entire situation,  we realized that a lot of the  delay in delivering Mr. Fetcher's  vehicle was due to poor communication with the sublet alignment shop.  We have contacted Mr. Fetcher and apologized for this inconvenience and offered compensation.   He has agreed that this was an uncommon occurance at Marty's Auto Works and the he has always received excellent service in the past.

Gene S. ReScore Review on 10/22/2013
Surecritic checkman logo Verified
Gene said he received a call and reconciled with the business. He was offered free services that he may be using in the future.
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
Service Date: 09/20/2013
Review Created: 10/08/2013

Gene said his visit to this business was not that good. His vehicle was 2-3 days later but he was not kept informed about the vehicle. When he picked it up, the vehicle was still knocking. He thought changing the tie rod bearings would quiet the noise but it did not, so he said the vehicle was not completely fixed.
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
Service Date: 09/20/2013
Review Created: 10/08/2013
Marty D., Owner at Marty's Auto Works responded on 10/19/2013

After reviewing options that were offered to Gene he chose the more affordable option with NO guarantee knowing that it would NOT proberly fix the vehicle.  He informed us that he intended to trade this vehicle in and simply wanted the least expensive option.  When this did not prove to be a lasting repair Marty's Auto Works chose to offer Gene a partial credit.  This vehicle was subsequently traded in and Gene was happy with our offer and has agreed to correct his review.

Amy S. on 06/24/2017
Amy said this business was very nice, and customer friendly. They got the job done in the time she wanted.
Vehicle: Cadillac DTS
Service Date: 06/21/2017
Review Created: 06/24/2017
MAX C. on 06/23/2017
"2008 Jeep Commander"
Great service, detailed information about what the issue was with my car, recommendations, and affordable. Great job!
Vehicle: Jeep Commander
Service Date: 06/20/2017
Review Created: 06/23/2017 01:30 AM
Allan H. on 06/23/2017
Allan said they did what they promised and were on time.
Vehicle: Ford RV Cutaway
Service Date: 06/21/2017
Review Created: 06/23/2017
Mark W. on 06/21/2017
Mark said this business knows what they are doing.
Vehicle: Volkswagen Passat
Service Date: 06/01/2017
Review Created: 06/21/2017
FRANK U. on 06/18/2017
"Friendly"
Took care of problem in quickly manner
Vehicle: Mercury Grand Marquis
Service Date: 06/16/2017
Review Created: 06/18/2017 06:58 AM

Frank,
Our goal is to always provide honest answers and quality service, we are happy to have your continued patronage. Thank you!

KIM G. on 06/17/2017
"Satisfied"
Nick was very nice, kept me informed about my vehicle.
Vehicle: Ford Mustang
Service Date: 06/15/2017
Review Created: 06/17/2017 11:18 AM

Kim,
Thank you for trusting Marty's Auto Works for all your auto maintenance needs, we appreciate your continued patronage.

Stephanie D. on 06/14/2017
Spoke with Pier. He said this business provided fast service.
Vehicle: Toyota Camry Solara
Service Date: 06/12/2017
Review Created: 06/14/2017
Marty D., Owner at Marty's Auto Works responded on 06/19/2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Marty's Auto Works. We appreciate your patronage.

Victor C. on 06/13/2017
Victor said they are honest and helpful. He trusts the people who work there.
Vehicle: Toyota 4Runner
Service Date: 06/07/2017
Review Created: 06/13/2017

Victor,
Thank you for trusting us with all your auto maintenance needs! Our goal is to always provide honest answers and quality service.

Jeff B. on 06/12/2017
Jeff said he would recommend this business for service.
Service Date: 06/09/2017
Review Created: 06/12/2017

Jeff,
We truly appreciate your referrals! Thanks for being a great customer.

Gary H. on 06/07/2017
Gary said he has worked with this business in the past. They have always met all of his requirements.
Vehicle: Ford Fusion
Service Date: 06/05/2017
Review Created: 06/07/2017

Gary,
We are so happy to have your repeat patronage. We look forward to providing all your auto maintenance needs in the future!

Sherwin H. on 06/03/2017
Sherwin said he was very impressed with how this business handled their clients before he brought his vehicle there to be repaired. He was a supplier at another business and he often visited this business to deliver parts. The work environment was always very clean. Marty, an employee at the business displayed an exemplary example of being positive and providing great, quality service. He will be a repeat customer.
Vehicle: Chevrolet S10 Pickup
Service Date: 06/01/2017
Review Created: 06/03/2017

Sherwin,

We are so happy to have earned your business. We always strive to provide top quality service! We look forward to providing your future automotive needs.

Jason W. on 06/01/2017
Jason said the work was excellent. They were nice and fair.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Tracker
Service Date: 05/26/2017
Review Created: 06/01/2017

Jason,
Thank you for your kind words, we appreciate your business!

BOYD C. on 05/26/2017
"BMW tuneup and oil change. "
Staff was friendly and courteous with understandable explanations.
Vehicle: BMW 525i
Service Date: 05/24/2017
Review Created: 05/26/2017 11:35 AM
Marty D., Owner at Marty's Auto Works responded on 05/30/2017

Thanks for choosing Marty's Auto Works, we appreciate your kind words!

Joann A. on 05/24/2017
Spoke with Chris. He said the staff takes enough time to actually take care of everything. They explained as much as possible, and they did as much as they could to get him back on the road. He would recommend the business to anybody who is having trouble with their vehicle. They are truly professional.
Vehicle: Oldsmobile LSS
Service Date: 05/22/2017
Review Created: 05/24/2017
Marty D., Owner at Marty's Auto Works responded on 05/30/2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Marty's Auto Works. We appreciate your kind words.

CANDY L. on 05/20/2017
"Serpentine belt replacement 2007 Jeep"
I'm always happy with my service here and I'm glad the issue with my noisy chirping serpentine belt has been fixed. I had my Jeep in back in Feb.for routine mtce. and asked for the belt to be looked at. I was told to wait until the noise was constant but it was most likely the serpentine. So I'm confused why it was so hard to diagnose it this time and why I- an old lady-needed to go into the bay to help show how the car had to be in gear, and got in the car to demonstrate how it happens. It became very clear at that point. Im not objecting to that, but my concern is this added time to my repair that I had to pay for. Plus the original verbal I got in Feb was for about $100 if that's what it was. So I was surprised it came to $150. I was told in February it was probably the serpentine. I walked in yesterday saying it was probably the serpentine. I'm just not sure clear why it took an hour to diagnose something what should've been simple. It's the first time I was disappointed by price at your shop. I'm glad it's fixed. I'm just not so happy how the bill came to be $150 for this repair.
Vehicle: Jeep Compass
Service Date: 05/19/2017
Review Created: 05/20/2017 10:34 PM

Candy,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Marty's Auto Works.  We appreciate your feedback and continued patronage.

AMI B. on 05/20/2017
"Oil change "
Nick is awesome. Always very nice and helpful. Had some issues with getting shuttle back to shop. Told them I needed to be back no later than 1130-12n. Shuttle finally came at 1245p. Other than that all was good
Vehicle: Chrysler Town & Country
Service Date: 05/18/2017
Review Created: 05/20/2017 07:06 AM

Ami,
Thank you for choosing Marty's Auto Works, we apologize for the delay with the shuttle, we really do try to make the process as smooth as possible.