Overall Rating 1.999998/5rating 1.999998rating 1.999998rating 1.999998rating 1.999998
JIM H. ReScore Review on 07/12/2017
Surecritic checkman logo Verified
"Excellent staff and mechanics!"
I can not say enough good about Marty and his staff! We were extremely satisfied with the whole process!
Service Date: 07/06/2017
Review Created: 07/10/2017 03:13 AM

"2002 Ford Explorer"
I can not say enough good things about Marty and his excellent team of mechanics!
As most people know, it is difficult to find a trustworthy mechanic in this day and age, but Marty's has restored my faith!!!
After having two other shops tell me that my evaporator coil needed to be replaced and it would cost me $1500.00, Marty and his team proved that it was just my serpentine belt.
Our explorer was a big challenge with many issues and these guys took the bull by the horns and were extremely professional and courteous and informative as to what was going on as they were working on the vehicle.
If I could give these guys ten stars I would do so!!!
Thank you Marty and your team!!

Jim & Lynda Hoffman
Service Date: 07/06/2017
Review Created: 07/10/2017 03:13 AM
Marty D., Owner at Marty's Auto Works responded on 07/11/2017

Hi Jim,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are so happy to have earned your trust and your continued patronage!

MIKE P. ReScore Review on 01/16/2017
Surecritic checkman logo Verified
"Corrective Action Taken by Business Owner - CV Axle OK, Rear Brakes OK, Oil Change. Overfilled..."
This history is relevant:
I have been a customer of Marty DiSanto since he was a service manager for another auto repair company. He treated his customers very well then and I was a repeat customer. In 1996 Marty left that business to start his own. I stayed with that other business, but their new service manager was very, very difficult to work with. After being disappointed more than once, I searched for and found Marty at his new business Marty's Autoworks. I soon realized that it was Marty, not the previous business that provided the honesty I wanted. Marty was the one who was taking the time to explain what was broken, what had to be fixed now, what could wait in a way that I could understand. For more than 20 years I have been satisfied with him and his hand-picked employees' commitment to honesty and transparency when making automobile repairs.

Why I wrote the 3 out of 5 star review:
Because their overfilling of motor oil in my Toyota had happened before and overfilling has serious motor damage consequences, I was compelled to write a review pointing out the repeat problem.

What happened after I posted my three out of five star review:
Service Manager Nick called me and discussed the specifics. He took my review seriously. He offered my next oil change for free and offered a free inspection to see if other mechanical issues could be causing the [pooling] oil. Then I told Nick the oil overfill happened that last time they changed my oil. He became more concerned.
While I had him on the phone, I told him any time I've had them do any work that required putting air in my tires, they have been way-over filled.
> He said he'd investigate, check the equipment and make sure his technicians are following procedures.

On 12/06/2016, Nick called me and said:
+ All of the oil guns were tested and one was out of calibration.
+ That the “AllData” book they use to service automobiles has two listings for my 1987 Toyota Corolla. Once for each size of engine. BUT, the book's specifications for my smaller (3.5 quart) 1.6L engine has the same oil capacity as the larger engine (4.5 quart). The book is wrong. Nick concludes that the technician was following the specifications, causing an overfill situation. He is going to contact “AllData” to get them to correct their error.
+ Because of my air pressure complaint, Marty has ordered all new air chucks. They are top-of-the-line, with gauges in the handles.

This swift investigation and corrective action shows that Marty's Autoworks' commitment to the best automobile service is ongoing and solid. I am satisfied that the issues are resolved.
Vehicle: Toyota Corolla
Service Date: 10/05/2016
Review Created: 12/05/2016 03:19 PM

"CV Axle OK, Rear Brakes OK, Oil Change.. Overfilled"
In the week following replacement of the CV axle, complete overhaul of the rear brakes and a motor oil/filter change, MORE than the usual amount of motor oil appeared on the garage floor, under my 29 year old car. So much so that I checked the oil dip stick. Rather than it finding it low from all the oil loss onto the floor, the oil was way over the full limit mark. 3/4 of an inch over the mark! Not wanting to loose the use of my car for another day, I put the car on some ramps I used to use when I was young enough to do my own basic maintenance. Then drained the oil some. Then put back the right amount (full mark on the dip stick).

I have no idea what damage was caused to the engine. Overfilled oil typically first causes damage to seals. But also can cause causes air pockets and less liquid oil to cool parts such as piston skirts. The foamed oil also sticks in place and doesn't drain back to the pan.

I've not yet had problems with the CV axle of the rear brakes.
Vehicle: Toyota Corolla
Service Date: 10/05/2016
Review Created: 12/05/2016 03:19 PM
Marty D., Owner at Marty's Auto Works responded on 12/13/2016

Sorry for this issue with your vehicle.  Per your conversation with us, we hope we have resolved the problem.

THANK YOU!!

Ron G. ReScore Review on 11/12/2016
Surecritic checkman logo Verified
Ron said he took his vehicle back to the business and replaced the part he needed at no charge. They were nice and he had no problems working with them. He said he was happy with them.
Vehicle: Volkswagen Jetta
Service Date: 10/14/2016
Review Created: 10/18/2016

Ron said the vehicle is till hesitating when accelerated and the engine light is back on. He said he will have to bring the vehicle back in.
Vehicle: Volkswagen Jetta
Service Date: 10/14/2016
Review Created: 10/18/2016
Marty D., Owner at Marty's Auto Works responded on 11/08/2016

We are happy that you brought the vehicle back into us and we got it running much better.

Thank you for your continued patronage.

Marty DiSanto & Staff
Marty D., Owner at Marty's Auto Works responded on 12/13/2016

Thank you and Happy Holidays!!

GREG F. ReScore Review on 10/23/2013
"Thanks"
I really appreciated Marty personally calling me after the problems from my last service. They stepped up and took care of the problem. I'll definitely keep bringing my vehicles to Marty's Auto for all my service needs.
Service Date: 10/04/2013
Review Created: 10/10/2013 08:07 AM

"couple of issues"
I usually have no problems with Marty's Auto but on my last visit, I specifically asked them to call me on my cell phone...not my home phone (they have both) when they had an estimate. They called my home instead which resulted in delaying the work that needed to be done.
The also forgot to grease the new ball joints that they installed.
Service Date: 10/04/2013
Review Created: 10/10/2013 08:07 AM
Marty D., Owner at Marty's Auto Works responded on 10/19/2013

After reviewing the entire situation,  we realized that a lot of the  delay in delivering Mr. Fetcher's  vehicle was due to poor communication with the sublet alignment shop.  We have contacted Mr. Fetcher and apologized for this inconvenience and offered compensation.   He has agreed that this was an uncommon occurance at Marty's Auto Works and the he has always received excellent service in the past.

Gene S. ReScore Review on 10/22/2013
Surecritic checkman logo Verified
Gene said he received a call and reconciled with the business. He was offered free services that he may be using in the future.
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
Service Date: 09/20/2013
Review Created: 10/08/2013

Gene said his visit to this business was not that good. His vehicle was 2-3 days later but he was not kept informed about the vehicle. When he picked it up, the vehicle was still knocking. He thought changing the tie rod bearings would quiet the noise but it did not, so he said the vehicle was not completely fixed.
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
Service Date: 09/20/2013
Review Created: 10/08/2013
Marty D., Owner at Marty's Auto Works responded on 10/19/2013

After reviewing options that were offered to Gene he chose the more affordable option with NO guarantee knowing that it would NOT proberly fix the vehicle.  He informed us that he intended to trade this vehicle in and simply wanted the least expensive option.  When this did not prove to be a lasting repair Marty's Auto Works chose to offer Gene a partial credit.  This vehicle was subsequently traded in and Gene was happy with our offer and has agreed to correct his review.

JAMES F. on 08/19/2017
"Starter replacement"
My CRV wouldn't start so I had AAA tow it to Marty's AAA certified service center. They ran tests determined the problem and replaced the starter on schedule and for the price quoted. I've been a satisfied customer for 5 years.
Vehicle: Honda CR-V
Service Date: 08/16/2017
Review Created: 08/19/2017 03:54 AM
BARBRA V. on 08/14/2017
"great service"
took my car b/c of stalling issues could have told me 50 things wrong turned out to be a kink in hose no charge wow what a surprise would highly recommend not to many honest people anymore
Vehicle: Nissan Maxima
Service Date: 08/11/2017
Review Created: 08/14/2017 12:49 AM
EMMA F. on 08/13/2017
"visit"
Marty's gets to the root of the cause and he does not overcharge.
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz C230
Review Created: 08/13/2017 11:57 AM
JIM F. on 08/11/2017
"Marty's "
The best. These guys are simply the best!
Vehicle: Ford Crown Victoria
Service Date: 08/09/2017
Review Created: 08/11/2017 06:18 AM
JOICE L. on 08/10/2017
"it was a crazy day but in the end they had me back in my car as always. THANKS"
GREAT
Vehicle: Ford Escape
Review Created: 08/10/2017 05:40 AM
DON R. on 08/09/2017
"Great customer service."
Work done right and on time.
Vehicle: Honda Odyssey
Review Created: 08/09/2017 07:02 AM
JEFF B. on 08/03/2017
"First visit, but not last"
Referred by a friend, I took my 2005 Toyota Highlander to Marty's in Longwood to have some long term maintenance work completed. They gave me a detailed print out with the prices of both labor and the parts. It took a few days to get on their schedule but that was fine. Work was done in a reasonable time and so far, all is good.
Vehicle: Toyota Highlander
Service Date: 08/01/2017
Review Created: 08/03/2017 05:09 PM
ANGEL A. on 08/02/2017
"Great fast service"
I made an appointment to get my car checked. They took it and fixed it the same day. They explained everything and the repair cost was fair. Will take my cars there again when needed.
Vehicle: Ford Escape
Service Date: 07/31/2017
Review Created: 08/02/2017 04:18 AM

Angel,
Thank you so much for trusting us with your vehicle maintenance needs. We truly appreciate your business.

MARK B. on 08/01/2017
"Great Service"
I had an excellent experience at Marty's. I was recommended by a friend at work and took it in to Marty's to look at for a leak I saw on my driveway and after Orlando Kia North took a week to get back to me on repair costs after talking to my warranty company. Within a few hours, Nick had called me with the issues, the total cost estimate, and the cost after the warranty covered their part. Asked them to look at something that the dealership had "found" that the dealership told me was a $1,000+ repair. The dealer technicians found what the dealer had found... The freon was leaking and the fan was blowing the freon on the engine block. The Kia dealership must have seen this too, but didn't actually look to see what was on the engine and so wanted to repair something that was fine, but were more than willing the have me pay $1,000 for. I am so glad I took my car in to Marty's. They saved me the hassle of using the dealership and going ahead with a $1,000 "repair" that wasn't necessary and I still would have had issues after that. Nick was great to work with and was super patient, and willing to explain everything I had asked and be the middle man with the warranty company.
Vehicle: Kia Sorento
Service Date: 07/26/2017
Review Created: 08/01/2017 07:08 AM

Mark,
First of all, thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Second, we are so happy we were able to help you out and save you some money!

LYNNE M. on 08/01/2017
"Great service!"
I never have to worry when I leave Marty with my car. I know he will do a great job.
Vehicle: Dodge Pickup
Service Date: 07/19/2017
Review Created: 08/01/2017 05:37 AM

Lynne,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience and for trusting us with all your vehicle maintenance needs.

LEXIE M. on 07/30/2017
"Incredible service and knowledge!"
These people are fantastic!
Vehicle: Ford F-150
Service Date: 07/28/2017
Review Created: 07/30/2017 01:18 AM

Lexie,
Thank you for being such a great customer, we are truly blessed!

ALDIS G. on 07/27/2017
"Always a good experience"
I have what is affectionately called the white beast of a work truck which was needing some help with the transmission. Turns out its was a electrical issue. Some repair places would try to sell you on a new Transmission. Marty's never tries to sell up on parts and service you dont need and John keeps you in the loop of whats going on with your vehicle while its in service. I am blessed that I took the advise of one of my clients and took my work truck to Marty's
Vehicle: Dodge Pickup
Service Date: 07/26/2017
Review Created: 07/27/2017 08:04 AM

Aldis,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at Marty's Auto Works. We appreciate your trust and continued patronage.

ROBIN L. on 07/20/2017
"Fast, friendly service"
These guys are great...
Vehicle: Nissan Frontier
Service Date: 07/18/2017
Review Created: 07/20/2017 06:04 AM

Robin,
We have such wonderful customers, thank you for being one of them!

OLGA G. on 07/19/2017
"Good customer service"
Nick was great telling what was needed and when the job was done.
Vehicle: Toyota RAV4
Service Date: 07/17/2017
Review Created: 07/19/2017 06:53 AM

Olga,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate your continued patronage.

CHARLES L. on 07/17/2017
"Friendly, Professional and trustworthy"
AAA approved and it shows... informative up front and trust any additional suggestions to maintain my older car...
Vehicle: Toyota ECHO
Service Date: 07/14/2017
Review Created: 07/17/2017 09:28 AM

Charles,
We appreciate your kind words. Thank you for sharing your experience at Marty's Auto Works.