Matt's Automotive Service Center LLC

Overall Rating 1.5/5rating 1.5rating 1.5rating 1.5rating 1.5

MIKE B. on 04/29/2017
"Consistent Great Service"
Time after time great service is provided.
Vehicle: Cadillac Escalade ESV
Service Date: 04/17/2017
Review Created: 04/29/2017 10:59 AM
Alejandra S., Marketing Coordinator at Matt's Automotive Service Center LLC responded on 05/08/2017

We strive to grow and improve our customer’s experiences and build relationships so you can feel confident that you’re in good hands. Thanks for your review, Mike! It’s always a pleasure being able to assist you with your vehicles.

WILLIAM B. on 04/19/2017
"Great service "
Service advisor was kind, fast, and knowledgeable.
Vehicle: BMW 330xi
Service Date: 04/17/2017
Review Created: 04/19/2017 04:32 AM
Alejandra S., Marketing Coordinator at Matt's Automotive Service Center LLC responded on 04/19/2017

We strive to always provide an exceptional experience for our customers. Our Service Manager, Vern, is a rockstar and we’re glad you enjoyed your visit. We look forward to being able to continue assisting you with your BMW. Thanks for your great review, William!

LEE S. on 04/17/2017
"Fast service. Also, I like having plan and service log for my vehicle, which they offer."
Friendly staff and fast service.
Vehicle: Infiniti JX35
Review Created: 04/17/2017 06:16 AM
Alejandra S., Marketing Coordinator at Matt's Automotive Service Center LLC responded on 04/21/2017

Thank you for your 5-star review, Lee. We strive to provide our customers with exceptional and reliable service, and to provide them with education and options for the service and care of their vehicles. We look forward to being able to continue to help you in the future.

VERNON N. on 04/15/2017
"Awesome"
Tom did an excellent job
Vehicle: Volkswagen Jetta
Review Created: 04/15/2017 08:58 PM

Thanks for your great review! Tom is a gifted ASE Certified Technician who takes a lot of pride in what he does and is a Rockstar! We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you in the future.

CHRIS C. on 04/15/2017
"Me"
Very informative. Did exactly what I asked and didn't try to push me into anything that wasn't necessary. Very intelligent in explaining some future possible concerns.
Vehicle: Ford Pickup
Service Date: 04/13/2017
Review Created: 04/15/2017 10:37 AM

One of our core values at Matt’s Automotive is to never put money before people. We want each customer who comes in to know that they’re being given the exceptional service they deserve.  We appreciate your great review, Chris!

RICK N. on 04/15/2017
"Very reliable."
Very routine oil change and tire rotation. Made it a point to tell me to keep an eye on certain areas of wear on the vehicle and probably address them by fall.
Vehicle: Toyota RAV4
Review Created: 04/15/2017 07:22 AM

During each oil service, we perform a State of Health Inspection on your vehicle to ensure we always can keep an eye on your vehicle. This allows us to get to know your vehicle and address issues or keep an eye on them. Thank you for your consistent patronage and this great review, Rick!

ERYN L. on 04/03/2017
"Vern for president :) "
Great customer service!
Vehicle: Chevrolet Malibu
Service Date: 03/30/2017
Review Created: 04/03/2017 07:54 AM
Alejandra S., Marketing Coordinator at Matt's Automotive Service Center LLC responded on 04/04/2017

Thanks for your great review, Eryn! We continuously strive to provide exceptional service to our customers. We look forward to being able to assist you in the future.

TIM T. on 04/01/2017
"Great service"
Matt's has always given me great service. They also do a complete check of my vehicle for anything that might cause problems in the future. There is no high pressure talk about getting it fixed, they let you make that decision.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Impala
Service Date: 03/28/2017
Review Created: 04/01/2017 06:55 AM

We strive to provide thorough state of health reports to our customers so they always know their vehicle’s status. Thanks for your great review, Tim!

CHRIS W. on 03/31/2017
"Professional and on time"
Great service at a respectable price.
Vehicle: Hyundai Accent
Review Created: 03/31/2017 09:15 AM

Chris,
Thanks for your great review! We strive to give each customer exceptional service. We look forward to continuing to assist you with your Hyundai in the future!

NEDRA S. on 03/26/2017
"The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable."
The only reason I didn't give a five star, this is the first time I've used your service on the recommendation from my mechanic at Lancer's Garage in St. Paul, where my family has been taken their automobiles for 38 years. My Jeep is running great so far, and If all goes well with my Jeep, I'll definitely be back.
Vehicle: Jeep Grand Cherokee
Review Created: 03/26/2017 10:26 AM
Alejandra S., Marketing Coordinator at Matt's Automotive Service Center LLC responded on 03/30/2017

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to work with you and for leaving such a great review, Nedra! We look forward to being able to help you in the future.

CHERIE D. on 03/26/2017
"Respectful, courteous staff."
I appreciated the fact that I had multiple options provided for services needed, and a fully detailed report of the issues that were found. Along with explanations as to what issues should be addressed now and which ones could wait.
Vehicle: Subaru Forester
Service Date: 03/24/2017
Review Created: 03/26/2017 06:26 AM

Thank you for your great review, Cherie. We want our customers to know all their options when it comes to their vehicle. We look forward to being able to assist you in the future.

PEGGY H. on 03/23/2017
"Excellent service"
The staff at Matt's has always been very accommodating with our crazy schedule...highly recommended!!
Vehicle: Chevrolet HHR
Service Date: 03/23/2017
Review Created: 03/23/2017 10:19 PM
Alejandra S., Marketing Coordinator at Matt's Automotive Service Center LLC responded on 03/24/2017

Thanks for your great review, Peggy! We understand just how busy a day our customer’s day can get that’s why we strive to remain flexible to make sure we can get you taken care of.

ALLISON H. on 03/20/2017
"Amazing customer service."
I appreciated how everything that was done to the car I brought in was explained in detail via emails and pictures.
Vehicle: Ford Contour
Service Date: 03/17/2017
Review Created: 03/20/2017 08:45 AM

Allison, thank you for your great review! We love using technology to help our customers become more involved in the repair process and to help them better understand their vehicle, and the condition of it. We are glad you had such a great experience and look forward to assisting you in the future.

ERIN N. on 03/19/2017
"Great service!"
Matt's is always extremely helpful; they always manage to fit my car into their schedule in an emergency, even when they are extremely busy. They take every precaution, and make an effort to find economical options to meet my needs. I would highly recommend them!
Vehicle: Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight
Review Created: 03/19/2017 09:45 AM

Erin, thanks for the great review. Our customers and their safety mean everything to us and we are always trying to find the most economical solution to each repair we perform. Thank you for your loyalty and we look forward serving you for many years to come!

DEB G. on 03/17/2017
"Service"
Great place
Vehicle: Ford Pickup
Review Created: 03/17/2017 04:10 AM
Alejandra S., Marketing Coordinator at Matt's Automotive Service Center LLC responded on 03/17/2017

It’s always a pleasure being able to assist you with any of your automotive needs, Deb. It’s great knowing you trust us with the maintenance of your vehicles. Thanks for the great review, Deb!

Valued Customer on 03/16/2017
"Awesome"
Love working with these guys!
Vehicle: Honda Accord
Service Date: 02/14/2017
Review Created: 03/16/2017 03:19 PM

It’s because of customer like you who trust us with your vehicles that allow us to be successful. Thanks for the great review!

LARRY W. on 03/09/2017
"SRSLY ?"
I was disappointed with the level of honesty I experienced in my last visit to your establishment. And by last, I do mean last. To start with, the estimate of $25-$28.00 for a simple oil change with filter somehow grew to almost $40.00 by the time I was at the desk with my debit card in hand. Going in, your staff didn't know there would also be hazmat & shop supplies included in the execution of this service? That's just plain ol' fashioned dishonesty, the kind that will not generate repeat visits to your business. Also, included in the printout I received with my bill, along with all the other service items that need attention (which I don't disagree with) was the fact that my "power drive" indicator light was on & service was recommended. Yes, that's true that it was (and still is) on, however, that is a feature of the 4L30E transmission in this vehicle which raises the shift points allowing more rapid acceleration. I wonder, if I was someone who is as ignorant as the average consumer who has never held, much less turned a wrench, how much I would have been charged to have one of your "techs" push the button on my center console to alleviate that problem? In closing, the 20-30 hrs of shop time estimated to weld a couple pieces of scrap flat steel to beef up the frame where the L/R (that means left-rear) lower link attaches to the frame, is quite frankly, ludicrous. If you don't want to/aren't equipped to handle the task, just say so.
Vehicle: Isuzu Amigo
Service Date: 03/03/2017
Review Created: 03/09/2017 10:12 AM
Matt L., Owner & Founder at Matt's Automotive Service Center LLC responded on 03/09/2017

Larry,
I am a bit puzzled about the statement regarding the price of our oil service, since we have a set price and do not estimate it.  It has been the same price for nearly a year, $31.99 plus tax, shop supplies and disposal.  Your total was just over $37, and we also topped off your washer fluid free of charge.  I spoke with the person who you worked with and he said he told you the price of $31.99, so i am not sure where you are getting this price from.  Its been well over a year since our oil service price was in the $28 range, is it possible you called in a long time ago and that you are remembering that?  You received a copy of our inspection that simply stated what was noticed on your vehicle, and thats it.  It was noted that the power drive light was on when the vehicle came in, we didnt tell you anything further than that.  We note lights that are on so you as the customer are aware, but also to protect us in the event you come back and state the light wasnt on when you came in.  The other items that were recommended were for your information.  It is our duty to inform each customer of the state of health of their vehicle, whether or not you choose to repair it or not.  We pride ourselves being 100% transparent with our customers and educating them on whats really going on with their vehicles.  We believe and stand behind the recommendations on your vehicle 100% and we are sorry that you do not agree with them.  Regarding your comments about adding steel to "beef" up your frame, your frame and body are severely rusted through, and in order to properly attach metal, we have to have good metal to work with, which means taking the necessary time to get to that metal, cutting new metal, welding the new pieces in, and coating them so they do not rust.  This would have been a substantial project, and one we are more than capable of doing, but it would have taken a large amount of time.  I am sorry you think the time we estimated is not correct, but in order to do a job right, and stand behind it, we have to do it in a way we feel comfortable as well.  We also consulted a body shop regarding the condition of your frame and the work that you requested and they agreed that the time we estimated was not only adequate, but very fair.  While we always strive to make each customers vistit an exceptional one, sometimes no matter what we do we cannot make that customer happy, and that is part of life.  We never like to lose customers, and we are sorry to see you leave, but it may be for the best as we might not be able to serve you and your vehicle the way you would like them to be.  We are more than willing to discuss your visit further if you would like, and we wish you nothing but the best for the future!  God Bless!

SHELBY F. on 03/08/2017
"Not Bad!"
Excellent customer service! Didn't have a terrible experience but were a few issues that I had. First were the 2 "complaints" I came in with Matt's was "unable to duplicate" One thing they couldn't duplicate was the loud sound that happens when I turn, like a stretching sound. I thought this was odd as I can definitely hear it and the passengers in my car can hear it. So how they couldn't I'm not sure. The other was the 'thumping' noise I hear when I stop and start again, mostly at stop signs and stop lights. I specifically said "not at all when I am coasting or when I'm on the interstate". So they tested this on the interstate and said they couldn't get it to make this sound. I took my car home and not so much as a block away it made that thumping noise as I was at a stop light. This made me wish I could have just driven with someone in my car so I could have just shown them myself. And sure enough I was charged the $35 for this sound though they completely did the opposite as I said and went on the highway trying to duplicate. That is my BIGGEST complaint. I decided to get a 2nd opinion elsewhere for the simple fact there is a lot going on with my car and it will be expensive, not necessarily due to lack of confidence in Matt's. Next place was able to duplicate all complaints and address them. They also disagreed with the finding that there was "play in the arms" and disagreed with getting a power steering flush when you knew I had a rack and pinion leak, which ended up saving me quite a bit of money. Their labor costs were also lower so ultimately I decided to have them fix my car. Good things were again, the customer service. I felt the person I talked to was nice, though may not have fully listened to my complaints, did treat me with respect. Also the financing option is wonderful and I wish more places did that! Almost had me go back due to that, and also their loaner cars. Both great perks! Would I take my car there again? I might, though I would feel the need to price check as many places are cheaper. I do appreciate the service and the time they took into looking at my car. Thanks guys!
Vehicle: Pontiac G6
Service Date: 03/07/2017
Review Created: 03/08/2017 10:14 AM
DENISE S. on 03/06/2017
"Fast, good work, and no pressure!"
I was very pleased with my experience at Matt's Automotive. It was such a nice, clean facility. They were right on time, offered rides, had good coffee supply, and did fast and good work on my car. They give you recommendations on what can be looked at on your car in the near future with absolutely no pressure to make a decision or spend the money now. I will be going there again!
Vehicle: Honda Civic
Service Date: 03/03/2017
Review Created: 03/06/2017 05:27 AM
Alejandra S., Marketing Coordinator at Matt's Automotive Service Center LLC responded on 03/06/2017

Denise,
Thank you for your great review! At Matt’s Automotive, we always want you to have a 5-star plus experience and always making sure you’re in control of your vehicle. We look forward to seeing you again!

MATTHEW L. on 02/24/2017
"Another great experience!"
The staff at Matt's are great!
Vehicle: Ford F-150