Review for Maz-Tech Automotive
Laila K. on 02/17/2015
"Unethical service"
I took my vehicle in for an oil change. They called with a long laundry list of things that needed to be fixed or replaced including replacing an air box for $475 when a second place put a bolt in the box for free. Also recommended replacing timing belt and spark plugs which were both replaced less than 18 months ago.
Vehicle: Lexus RX 330
Service Date: 02/04/2015
Review Created: 02/17/2015 03:53 PM
Mike M. at Maz-Tech Automotive responded on 03/04/2015

Laila, I have looked at your records from your visit. I am attaching the web link from your visit for your review. (copy and paste to your web browser) http://bit.ly/16zCmlW
I can see the things that were recommended. Here at Maz-Tech Automotive we believe in telling you 100% of the things going on with your car. That is the good and the bad. We will tell you 100% of the time so that you can make the best decision for you and your car. This may seem a little much at times but we do not want to leave anything unsaid. I can assure you that we are here to help others and hate for you to feel that you are taken advantage of. As far as your concern for theair box. It is still broken. The bolt is only part of the fix and it still will need to be replaced. We also recommended the timing belt and plugs due to mileage on your car. We had never seen this car in before and we were making you aware of the manufacture recommended maintenance is the right thing to do, not being told that you had recently had that done. The coolant was to low to test which is a cause for concern and should be looked into to make sure your car stays running properly. Thank you for your feedback and please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. I would be happy to review the finding with you.
Christine Henderson