McCullough Auto Care & Towing

Overall Rating 2.6666667/5Overall Rating 2.6666667/5rating 2.6666667rating 2.6666667rating 2.6666667
Overall Rating 2.0/5Overall Rating 2.0/5rating 2.0rating 2.0rating 2.0
Review for McCullough Auto Care & Towing
Allan D. on 04/23/2016
Allan said this business fixed the air conditioning. He didn't discuss parts with them but he wasn't expecting GM parts. The price turned out to be about $1,295 to fix the air conditioning. One of the vents doesn't even blow out and he is very disappointed. The labor came to almost $500.00. He would not recommend them and suggests they provide a quote beforehand.
Vehicle: GMC Sierra
Category: Service
Service Date: 04/15/2016
Review Created: 04/23/2016
Eric M. at McCullough Auto Care & Towing responded on 05/06/2016

Allan, I am very sorry that you are disappointed with the repairs that we performed.  I tried very hard to provide you with the best service possible.  I asked you if you would like an estimate of repairs and your words were, “No, just fix it right.”  The fact that the difference between original equipment parts and aftermarket parts was under $100, I was “fixing it right.”  Due to nature of the catastrophic failure of the compressor, it required additional parts and additional labor.  You and I discussed the additional needs of the hose and connector, which you approved.  This increased the cost as well.

Regarding the vents not blowing sufficiently, you and I discussed the fact that the air distribution was weak because of a dash issue, not an air conditioning issue.  I offered to investigate this at your convenience.  Again, if I can help in any way, please let me know.  Eric