Mission Hills Automotive

DAVID R. on 09/12/2017
"Prompt service; complete clarity in recommendations for service; excellent records on earlier maintenance."
When I retired and moved to CA in 2014, I explicitly sought out a AAA rated garage. I had a great experience in MI with one for many years and wanted to find the same in CA. All indications are that I found it.
Vehicle: Toyota Camry
Service Date: 09/12/2017
Review Created: 09/12/2017 10:35 PM
BENJAMIN S. on 09/11/2017
"Personalized, honest service"
Randy & the whole staff make up the best auto shop I've ever been to. They give it to you straight, don't try to upsell you, work quickly, and deliver quality service from start to finish. Randy has also been quick to give advice over the phone, even when I'm not bringing him business. Great guy, great shop. Couldn't recommend them more highly.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Avalanche
Service Date: 08/14/2017
Review Created: 09/11/2017 09:10 AM
MARCIA G. on 09/10/2017
"Excellent work always !!!!!"
Five stars!!!
Vehicle: Jeep Grand Cherokee
Service Date: 09/06/2017
Review Created: 09/10/2017 01:38 PM
DEVIN F. on 09/08/2017
"Worst customer service ZERO STARS EARNED"
Beth at the front desk treated me with the worst customer service throughout my visits here. Upon completion of a replacing the alternator my car's systems were not reset ( including ABS, TCS, ESP, SRS, airbags, window controls, AC functions, auto-leveling headlights, etc.) most of which I was able to reset manually myself. On the other hand, the auto-leveling headlights were an issue as they were pointed straight down at the ground. This posed quite a dangerous drive at night as the lights were only illuminating the road directly in front of my bumper (approximately 15 feet). So after researching for the solution, many people with this work performed had the same issues and took it back to the shop for a "recalibration" using the Mercedes "STAR" programmer. I called Mission hills and spoke to Beth who then said they would recalibrate them for no charge (normally $124.95). Upon inspecting the lights said that everything was fine and that it would be $124.95 to have it diagnosed and recalibrated.... so not only is she as rude as can be, but also tries to charge for things that this shop has clearly broken or messed up on the car. I have never has such a poor experience with a service representative and I will NEVER return my patronage to this lying scam of a mechanic shop. Absolutely terrible experience.
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz C230
Service Date: 09/07/2017
Review Created: 09/08/2017 03:29 PM
LISA T. on 09/07/2017
"Review"
Didn't get my mileage in and no sticker in car for next service. Everything else was fine.
Vehicle: Lexus GS 300
Service Date: 09/02/2017
Review Created: 09/07/2017 08:44 AM
EILEEN P. on 09/06/2017
"My car was taken care of even though I didn't have an appointment."
I always can count on Mission Hills Auto
Vehicle: Chevrolet Malibu
Service Date: 09/02/2017
Review Created: 09/06/2017 08:43 PM
GREG H. on 09/04/2017
"Gregory Hutt"
I feel the personally service and professionalism is excellent but I feel the pricing in my situation is very high. Since I had my vehicle towed to you guys, I felt I had no other choice. In the future, I will check pricing before authorizing repairs. I have recommended you guys but future referrals are doubtful!
Vehicle: Ford F-150
Service Date: 09/01/2017
Review Created: 09/04/2017 12:50 PM
MIKE S. on 09/04/2017
"Mission Hills Automotive - great service, quick response and turnaround!"
We have been delighted with the service, response to our automobile problems, and professional help since we started taking our BMW Z3 to MHA (we moved to San Diego last December, 2017). Our thank you to everyone there who take such good care of our (nearly classic) auto!
Vehicle: BMW Z3
Service Date: 08/25/2017
Review Created: 09/04/2017 12:17 PM
AMY F. on 09/03/2017
"So helpful and easy to work with!"
I am continually amazed at how simple and inexpensive the repair process is every time o bring my car here. It's always less than I expect and everyone is so friendly and helpful. I know very little about cars and I always feel like here doing what's in my best interest and not trying to sell me repairs that I don't need.
Vehicle: Toyota 4Runner
Service Date: 09/01/2017
Review Created: 09/03/2017 07:29 AM
DARRYL H. on 08/31/2017
"Hands down the quickest!"
Fastest service I've every recived!!!
Vehicle: Toyota Tundra
Service Date: 08/31/2017
Review Created: 08/31/2017 08:35 PM
JANICE S. on 08/26/2017
"GET THE JOB DONE"
Good service. Attention to detail. Reasonably priced. Ride to the office. What more can you ask for.
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class
Service Date: 08/25/2017
Review Created: 08/26/2017 01:30 PM
SAMANTHA B. on 08/21/2017
"Quickest Smog Test Ever!"
I called to make an appointment and was told to come the next morning when they opened at 8am. I came at 8am and just waited 15 minutes for the smog test to be completed. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The owner actually came and asked me if my car really needed the smog test because he saw a notification when he initiated it that said it wasn't necessary. I showed him my DMV paperwork that said a smog test was needed and then he continued with the test. I found him to be very honorable and trustworthy after this incident. I would definitely come back to this shop!
Vehicle: Lexus CT 200h
Service Date: 08/20/2017
Review Created: 08/21/2017 12:38 PM
JIM D. on 08/18/2017
"Outstanding service and staff"
Look no more for outstanding service !
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz E350
Service Date: 08/17/2017
Review Created: 08/18/2017 11:27 PM
MARSHA F. on 08/18/2017
"Big disappointment"
I made an appointment for 10:30 am, to have the brakes checked and get an oil change. We arrived on time, and when they asked what we were going to do, we said since we have only one car, we'd use the shuttle offer to take us home. They said they would call to let us know if the brakes needed work.

At 2:00, having heard nothing,I called to find out what was going on. I was told they had just finished checking it out and would call in a few minutes.

At 4:30, as I was about to call again, they called me and said the back brakes were fine (which was what I'd asked about) and the front were low but not in urgent need of work. She also said they couldn't do the brakes until the next day. I said no, and repeated that we only have one car - she then asked me when we'd come get the car. I asked when someone would be free to come get us and THEN she told me there is no pickup service, only the drop-off. I guess seeing two senior women and a car with a handicap placard didn't give them a hint that they should have told us there was no pickup service at that time.

We did make that walk, and when we arrived, they apparently got the idea that we were not happy. They said they would let the owner know and that he would call me the next day. Needless to say, we have heard nothing from them.

Also needless to say, the brakes and any other automotive needs will be taken care of elsewhere.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Malibu
Service Date: 08/15/2017
Review Created: 08/18/2017 02:41 PM
CHRIS S. on 08/16/2017
"Excellent Service"
The staff is very helpful and I believe I get good value from Mission Hills Automotive
Vehicle: Honda Odyssey
Service Date: 08/13/2017
Review Created: 08/13/2017 08:11 PM
JESSICA T. on 08/10/2017
"Great service"
They did a fantastic job on my car, very responsive to my calls and I got my car the next day, under the estimate in price. I was impressed.
Vehicle: Volkswagen Golf
Service Date: 08/10/2017
Review Created: 08/10/2017 08:29 PM
JERE M. on 08/10/2017
"Professional all the way"
Always confident they will provide what's needed at a reasonable rate
And it's within walking distance of my house
Vehicle: Volvo XC70
Service Date: 08/08/2017
Review Created: 08/10/2017 07:30 AM
DAVID C. on 08/08/2017
"Smog Check"
Fast, friendly and efficient service!
Vehicle: BMW 3 Series
Service Date: 08/08/2017
Review Created: 08/08/2017 09:19 PM
TABITHIA P. on 08/05/2017
"Thanks!"
Really great service. It was a little rocky when the AAA driver accidentally kept my car keys after he dropped it off but Mission Hills drove all the way to my work to pick up my spare. The only feedback I have is at the end when I came in to pick up my corolla the guy at the desk seemed very uninterested. My car needed alot of work and I asked if there was anything I should keep an eye on/they had noticed anything else that was wrong, and he said no but in a way that just screamed he didn't care. Just wish it didn't end on such an aloof note and that I could feel more confident in his answer. Other than that seriously great service and once I gave the go ahead it was fixed within the same day.
Vehicle: Toyota Corolla