Motorplex Auto & Heavy Truck Repair

Robert M. on 09/26/2016
Robert said he was satisfied with the service provided by the business. The employees of the business were knowledgeable and helpful.
Vehicle: Toyota Sienna
Service Date: 08/31/2016
Review Created: 09/26/2016
Danny M. on 09/19/2016
Danny said there were grease marks in the vehicle. He was happy with the tow truck and the employees at the business, as they seemed professional. He said he was disappointed to get inside his vehicle and see the grease marks.
Service Date: 09/16/2016
Review Created: 09/19/2016
Danny B. on 09/17/2016
"Because they care."
I took my wifes new, used car there for the first time and they remember me and my car. They tell you what they recommend or what problems will be arising; but they also tell you what should be fixed first.
Vehicle: Toyota Camry
Service Date: 09/16/2016
Review Created: 09/17/2016 10:10 PM
Ingrid O. on 08/31/2016
"You're so close"
We're always happy with the repairs and explanations
Vehicle: Subaru Outback
Service Date: 08/30/2016
Review Created: 08/31/2016 10:07 PM
Dave R. on 08/22/2016
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Employees Reviewing the company"
In looking over the review, several of them are from company management itself. "Wamon" and "Keith L." are in fact a manager and the president of this company. I wonder how many other employees are skewing these numbers.
Service Date: 08/22/2016
Review Created: 08/22/2016 04:51 PM
Randall Q. on 08/22/2016
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Slow, Overpriced, Poor Communication, Poor Effort"
Preface: I emailed the President of Motorplex on August 17 and received NO RESPONSE to my request for a refund. My story follows. Tacoma/Auburn area friends please take note:
On Thursday, August 4th, we were pulling our boat east on highway 18 approximately 1 mile southwest of Covington, WA. Our trailer threw a bearing on the freeway, doing obvious damage to the hub and spindle, and we were forced to stop. We called Good Sam roadside assistance and after they verified with Motorplex Maple Valley that they could repair the axle they had Pro Tow out of Auburn tow it to Motorplex Maple Valley. The towing process was smooth and professional.
When we arrived at Motorplex, we were told they wouldn’t be able to look at the trailer until at least Monday, the 8th or possibly Tuesday. I was disappointed, since I had hoped given the roadside situation we would be able to at least get a quote and repair timeline more quickly. But we felt our options were limited due to the circumstances and not being familiar with the area.
After hearing nothing on Monday, I called Tuesday and spoke to Wayman. He said someone had looked at it and we would need a new axle. This was not a surprise, since the assembly is the simplest type of trailer axle; single, straight and no brakes, and the level of damage was obvious at a glance. I was told there would be a parts and labor quote either that afternoon or Wednesday, August 10.
I heard nothing on Wednesday, so I called again on Thursday the 11th. I was called back and told they were having trouble finding the parts they needed from their supplier, but they’d for sure have costs on Friday (now 8 days since we left our trailer). I heard nothing on Friday. I attempted to call at 5:09pm but the shop was closed, so I was only able to leave a message. Meanwhile, I sent an email with an axle assembly I was able to find for about $300.00.
Monday morning the 15th, now 11 days since we left our trailer, I received a call with a quote. I was told the parts were going to be over $460.00, and with 4 hours of labor I’d be around $1400 for the complete job. I was also told the parts would have to be special ordered and take ANOTHER 10-14 days. I told Wayman I could buy a used trailer for less than that, and I’d figure something else out and come pick it up.
Tuesday the 16th, I walked into Robblees in Tacoma, and in 10 minutes I walked out with a Dexter axle that is correct for my trailer, hubs, bearings, grease, bearing buddies and an extra set of bearings to put on the old axle temporarily to get home. The total cost of ALL the parts with tax was under $325.
The next morning (Wednesday the 17th) I drove to Maple Valley to get my trailer. I was charged $115.90 for inspection and diagnosis. Since my trailer was in the yard and not accessible I paid the fee and moved it to the Autozone parking lot, where I put on a temporary bearing to get home. Upon arriving home, I removed the old axle, installed and assembled the new one and cleaned up the driveway in an hour and ten minutes. So I paid $325 for parts and put in an hour labor, and I’m not a mechanic. A FAR CRY FROM WHAT MOTORPLEX QUOTED ME.
I am understanably frustrated. 11 days without a quote, then an absurdly high quote that appeared to DOUBLE the stated labor rate, all after having arrived there by virtue of what I though was the good word of a reputable shop. To know that the parts are in fact, readily available, inexpensive and the complete job would take barely an hour just adds insult to injury.
There are plenty of shops out there willing and wanting your business. Motorplex did nothing to earn mine.
Service Date: 08/04/2016
Review Created: 08/22/2016 04:16 PM
Jeff W. on 08/22/2016
"Great service"
great service but high priced, equal to the dealer
Vehicle: Chevrolet Silverado
Service Date: 08/09/2016
Review Created: 08/22/2016 12:25 PM
Don K. on 08/18/2016
"Our Experience has been more than satisfactory"
Confident that they actually do the repairs correctly and accurately
Vehicle: Dodge Grand Caravan
Service Date: 08/16/2016
Review Created: 08/18/2016 09:39 AM
Bob P. on 08/14/2016
"very good"
Honest , prompt, friendly, very good at what they do.
Vehicle: Saturn SW1
Service Date: 08/12/2016
Review Created: 08/14/2016 02:23 PM
Joy E. on 08/12/2016
Joy said her experience with this business was great because they were really nice and helped her out right away.
Vehicle: Honda Civic
Service Date: 08/09/2016
Review Created: 08/12/2016
Elaine C. on 08/05/2016
"Great service"
Motorplex does excellent work and communicates well with us while they are checking out the problem. The work was done satisfactory and we will continue to bring our vehicles to them. The reason they got a 4 star instead of a 5 is that I am always in sticker shock when it comes to the labor charges for the work, and that is at any place.
Vehicle: GMC Savana
Service Date: 08/03/2016
Review Created: 08/05/2016 09:37 AM
Eli B. on 08/05/2016
"VISIT OF 8/2"
Only complaint I have is that after we dropped the car off (for oil change and air check) at 8am we did not get a status call back around noon as to what was up. I decided to call about 2:30 or so and found out the situation. I would have liked a noon time call as it turned out we couldn't get the car back until the next day. Otherwise they did a good job.
Vehicle: Kia Sorento
Service Date: 08/03/2016
Review Created: 08/05/2016 07:56 AM
Amy J. on 07/30/2016
"Very happy customer!"
I am a very happy customer of Motorplex in Maple Valley! The quality of professional care and personal courtesy was excellent! Motorplex is definitely a stand alone vehicle service and repair facility. They have no competition in my opinion, because NO other car repair offers both their level of expertise, and personal services. To do so at such a comparable cost, with such a terrific quality, is beyond amazing. Kudos to all at Motorplex!
Vehicle: Chevrolet Silverado
Service Date: 07/28/2016
Review Created: 07/30/2016 07:44 PM
Steve R. on 07/25/2016
Steve said he took his vehicle in to this business. They gave him a quote and came to an agreement on what was wrong. They fixed his vehicle and returned it to him on time.
Vehicle: Mitsubishi Galant
Service Date: 07/14/2016
Review Created: 07/25/2016
Jenny F. on 07/22/2016
"great communications, expedient service"
Pro-Tow and Motorplex were the only company (after calling 10 other companies) that had the equipment and staff to tow our 34' mobile Veterinary clinic when it broke down on a very busy street. Once the vehicle was towed to Motorplex, the service was expedient and the communications were top rate.
Vehicle: Isuzu
Service Date: 07/19/2016
Review Created: 07/22/2016 06:49 PM
Steve D. on 07/22/2016
Steve said the business provided a professional atmosphere.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Cutaway
Service Date: 07/06/2016
Review Created: 07/22/2016
Abraham R. on 07/16/2016
"Worst service ever"
Avoid this shop at all costs. I took my car there 7 years ago to have a windshield replaced, saw adhesive inside passenger compartment afterward but just thought sloppy cleanup on their part. Fast forward to needing the windshield replaced now, and Maxine at Motorplex tells me the seal around the windshield was faulty which caused underlying rust which had to be repaired AT MY EXPENSE to replace the windshield. After I told her and another employee there was no way I was paying a single penny to fix their shoddy work, they agreed to have a subcontractor come out to complete the windshield replacement. When I came to pick up the vehicle, I was not offered any paperwork or documentation whatsoever about the windshield replacement. I came back inside, but Maxine, who had my vehicle brought to the front, was no where to be found. Jason, another employee, was on the phone but not once acknowledged me as I stood and waited for him to look up and at least twll me he would be right with me. After I had waited for five minutes, I had to call Motorplex on my phone, and I was connected to Maxine. When I told her I needed an invoice or receipt or something showing what work was done, she told me she was with a different customer and that I was going to have to wait for at least 10 minutes. I then asked Jason for the invoice, but he initially refused to do anything to assist me, telling me I was going to have to wait for Maxine. When I persisted in getting a copy of thr invoice, he eventually went back into an adjacent office and began looking through some files. He found the invoice but did not return to the front area to give it to me. I again had to call Motorplex from my cellphone, was connected to him, and again I told him I needed a copy of the invoice. He eventually brought it out but refused to give it to me for at least five minutes. He proceeded to get in my face, point his finger directly at me, and threaten to assault me. John also came to the front desk and threatened me also. Once Jason gave me my invoice, I left. I will tell everyone I know about the shoddy service, refusal to take responsibility for the shoddy service, and beyond horrible customer service when I picked up my vehicle. I am going to request my insurer not cover repairs at your shop.
Vehicle: Subaru Forester
Service Date: 07/15/2016
Review Created: 07/16/2016 09:44 PM
Karen V. on 07/14/2016
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Honest people, great service!"
I have a 2004 RV. I have tried several local RV dealers for service and they are all TERRIBLE. I knew I didn't want to take it to Poulsbo RV as I have had work done there and they don't do the work as promised, but charge you for it anyway. Motorplex called me with service updates daily to let me know what they were doing to try and solve the problem. Mike was very helpful! My RV runs great has has much more power than before. I am so glad to have finally found a service provider for the RV.
Service Date: 06/30/2016
Review Created: 07/14/2016 06:12 PM
Jon C. on 07/10/2016
"Great Customer Service"
Provided me with several options to repair my car.
Vehicle: Suzuki Forenza
Service Date: 07/08/2016
Review Created: 07/10/2016 02:53 PM
Vanessa E. on 06/30/2016
Vanessa said this business was great, friendly and did good work.
Vehicle: Dodge Grand Caravan