Motorplex Auto & Heavy Truck Repair

Review for Motorplex Auto & Heavy Truck Repair
Saile L. on 08/24/2015
Verified badge inactive Verified
"I feel that I was cheated by them."
My experience with Motorplex Auto & Heavy Truck Repair in maple Valley was extremely unsatisfactory and unpleasant, I feel that I was cheated by them.

When my Toyota Corolla started to make a noise, I dropped it off with them for an estimate. The next day I received an e-mail stating that the noise came from a loose piece of fender rubbing against the tire and needed a new bolt or push pin. They suggested five additional services with a total price tag of $1323.22. They told us that even though our car was quite old, it had been well maintained and was in otherwise good condition it was worth doing the work.

A week later we received phone call to pick up the car. But right after we received a second one saying that the check engine light came on and the car is stalling. They needed more time.

Another week went by. They told me to meet in person. This time they presented me with a another estimate of additional $1,212.31 of work for fixing the check engine light/stalling We were very skeptical because the car never had any engine light on or stalling issues before we drove the car there and now it's in worse condition than when we dropped it off. I informed them that I plan to have a tow truck to come and take it to the dealership and have them take a look at the car instead. Same day later, they called us said that the car was fixed completely and their manager approved no charge for fixing the engine light on and stalling issue. So I did a test driving for 15 minutes, paid a total of $1,403.86 and picked up my car.

Unfortunately, the next morning on my way to our local community center the engine light came on and the car stalled. The problem continues to occur frequently over the next days so I went back to MOTORPLEX. Their staff told me that their manager is out of the down and will be back sometime between July 31 to August 3 and that he would call me as soon as manager's back.

I never heard from them. August 3, I contacted them again, they denied any responsibility, despite having two year warrantee on the work they did in the repair invoice. They refused to even examine my car and suggested that I should take it directly to the dealer.
Service Date: 06/26/2015