JOHN B. on 09/21/2017
"Family Owned Business- The only way to go!!"
My Dad's Automotive gives 5 star service, treating me as part of the family!
Honesty, great service, and knowledge makes Dad's the best place to take your car!
Vehicle: Ford Focus
Service Date: 09/19/2017
Review Created: 09/21/2017 07:38 AM
DEBRA L. on 09/17/2017
"Great work....reasonable prices"
I trust them with my car!!!
Vehicle: BMW X3
Service Date: 09/15/2017
Review Created: 09/17/2017 04:23 AM
BRYAN H. on 09/14/2017
"New Tires and Oil Change"
Brian is not only a great mechanic but also a great person. I feel blessed to have My Dads Automotive as resource for all my families car repair needs. In the past, I have actually put off scheduling an appointment or getting my car looked at just because I was never sure where to go or if that garage was honest or overcharging me. I didn't have a mechanic I could trust. Now that I've found Brian and Stefany at My Dads Auto, it's easy to call and schedule an appointment knowing that they will provide honest advise and professional service for my vehicle. Having a trustworthy resource available whenever there is a problem with my car or my wife van makes life so much easier, and now I can easily follow the recommended service schedule for our vehicles to ensure the maximum life of the vehicle and reduce the overall cost of vehicle ownership by keeping my vehicles in optimal condition at all times.

Thanks for all you do, Brian and Stefany! We appreciate you guys!
Vehicle: Chevrolet Tahoe
Service Date: 09/12/2017
Review Created: 09/14/2017 04:37 AM
Barbara F. on 09/11/2017
Barbara said this business took excellent care of her.
Vehicle: Mercury Mariner
Service Date: 08/28/2017
Review Created: 09/11/2017
Dave K. on 09/06/2017
Dave said the staff answered all of his questions. They took the extra time to make sure he understood what was going to happen and he really appreciated that. He said the business went the extra mile and the staff took care of the job.
Vehicle: Honda Civic
Service Date: 08/31/2017
Review Created: 09/06/2017
Jason L. on 08/29/2017
Jason said the customer service was very good and excellent.
Service Date: 08/25/2017
Review Created: 08/29/2017
MARK C. on 08/27/2017
"Best shop in VA "
When you combined honesty and the most brilliant techs in the nation this is My Dad's Automotive
Vehicle: Cadillac SRX
Service Date: 08/24/2017
Review Created: 08/27/2017 12:20 PM
Flecher F. on 08/25/2017
Flecher said their customer service was good.
Vehicle: Toyota Tundra 2WD Truck
Service Date: 08/23/2017
Review Created: 08/25/2017
ALLEN J. on 08/24/2017
"The little extras"
Did you know that the default vehicle "experience" can be changed? I vaguely knew that some things could be changed, but did not know how to do it and so I let it slide. However, little things become important when one owns a car for 3, 5, or more years. My desires were very personal to me. For example, I wanted to display the gear my transmission is in while in drive (I pull a trailer sometimes and can better predict which gear to be in for hills, variable terrain, etc.) , and get rid of the annoying "inputting data is dangerous when driving" message (duh, but since you have provided no other way to key in a telephone number or have a passenger add a destination to the navigation system, what reasonable choice exists?). I also wanted to enable the auto lift-gate when I have my trailer hooked up (disabled because some trailers mount too close to the lift-gate, but mine does not), etc. Brian said, "I have a tool for that!" and with some fiddling, these things were "fixed".
"Wow" I thought, "why didn't the Dealer TELL ME that these were optional and that I could customize my driving experience to suit my particular needs/desires!?!" That should be a routine part of *every new vehicle purchase* at or before pick-up!" Perhaps it should be part of the first dealer warranty oil change and inspection, since that is when one meets "their" new service adviser and technician. And since the service adviser is supposed to make the experience both tolerable and personal, perhaps this would be a value-added service: "Let's talk about how we can personalize your driving experience by adjusting the default settings on your vehicle!" NOPE, it never happened. I found out about the potential for customizations only by Googling my vehicle. That took me to an owner's forum, which eventually led to other owners discussing modifications they had - ON THEIR OWN - figured out. Wow, what happened to *customer service*??? Evidently it never made it to the dealerships! Kinda reminds me of the old Russian joke: "You can have any color sweater you want, so long as it is RED!"
In the end, I could not get everything I wanted because the manufacturer codes are too complex for mere logic or reasonable guesswork to discern. But Brian helped a lot and my display now shows what gear I am in (D1, D2, ... D8), my lift-gate may now function in auto mode while the trailer is hooked up (I have not hooked up my trailer yet), but I still have that annoying message (damn!). Still, I am grateful for small miracles! Thanks, Brian, Stephanie, and My Dad's Automotive. 5-Stars definitely earned!!!!!
Vehicle: Volkswagen Touareg
Service Date: 08/22/2017
Review Created: 08/24/2017 06:48 AM
ALKA L. on 08/23/2017
"Simply the best!"
Always consistent, honest, top notch service from My Dad's. Would not go anywhere else!
Vehicle: Honda Fit
Service Date: 08/22/2017
Review Created: 08/23/2017 07:58 AM
Isrem K. on 08/16/2017
Isrem said the staff at this facility is very honest and nice.
Vehicle: BMW X5
Service Date: 08/14/2017
Review Created: 08/16/2017
Chris D. on 08/14/2017
Chris said everything was fine.
Vehicle: Ford Escape
Service Date: 08/11/2017
Review Created: 08/14/2017
Mehmet B. on 08/14/2017
Mehmet said he was happy with the service from this business.
Vehicle: Toyota RAV4
Service Date: 08/10/2017
Review Created: 08/14/2017
GERSON K. on 08/13/2017
"Service Call on 11 August 2017: Emergency Brake Repair and Brake Maintenance"
Another positive experience with My Dad's Automotive. I took my 2000 Acura Integra in for repairs on the emergency brake, general service on the wheel brakes, and maintenance on the A/C system. I was treated very courteously by the staff, the repairs were done expertly at the price quoted to me, and the work was completed ahead of schedule. What more could a customer ask for? I would highly recommend the shop to anyone seeking repairs on their Acura, Honda, or Mini Cooper. It is refreshing to find an honest, competent, and reliable mechanic like Brian at My Dad's Automotive.
Vehicle: Acura Integra
Service Date: 08/11/2017
Review Created: 08/13/2017 06:06 PM
MICHELLE G. on 08/10/2017
"Quality"
I love how caring and efficient Dad's Automotive is! The people and work is great!
Vehicle: Chevrolet Colorado
Service Date: 08/09/2017
Review Created: 08/10/2017 08:35 AM
Matt S. on 08/10/2017
Matt said he had a good experience with his business. The front desk person was very nice and Brian, the technician, was very detailed with his knowledge of the vehicle.
Vehicle: Acura MDX
Service Date: 08/09/2017
Review Created: 08/10/2017
Mike R. on 07/29/2017
Mike said this business provides quality service.
Vehicle: Honda Accord Sdn
Service Date: 07/26/2017
Review Created: 07/29/2017
Thomas C. on 07/26/2017
Thomas said he was satisfied with the service.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Malibu
Service Date: 07/25/2017
Review Created: 07/26/2017
Jayvaun Y. on 07/22/2017
Jayvaun said this business was very friendly. They knew what they were talking about and were very knowledgeable. They did not try to take advantage of him and they solved his problem overnight.
Vehicle: Nissan Altima
Service Date: 07/21/2017
Review Created: 07/22/2017
Larry N. on 07/21/2017
Larry said they're always the best, the service is excellent and everyone's great. The owner explains everything before the work is done.
Vehicle: Toyota Camry