Kalani F. on 08/15/2017
Kalani said this business was easy to work with and pretty fast.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Malibu
Service Date: 08/12/2017
Review Created: 08/15/2017
Adam K. on 08/08/2017
Adam said he was happy with this business. He said they were very fair and honest about what was wrong with his vehicle.
Vehicle: INFINITI FX35
Service Date: 07/26/2017
Review Created: 08/08/2017
WREN K. on 08/07/2017
"Oak Court Shell maintenance"
John Smith and his staff are courteous and accommodating, and their service is the best. My late husband and I have been customers since John started there and there's an obvious reason why I keep coming back. I wouldn't go anywhere else.
Review Created: 08/07/2017 10:47 AM
Gavin H. on 08/02/2017
Gavin said this business was fast and the people were friendly.
Service Date: 07/31/2017
Review Created: 08/02/2017
Kelly M. on 07/31/2017
"Still waiting for my car"
I took my Toyota in to Ballinger's ecause the gears were slipping. It turns out it needed the transmission rebuilt. John recommended someone (Taylor & Coleman off 385) and they had it for a week. I got it back and $2778.00 later I drove it for 2 days and it started doing the same thing. I took it back to Ballinger's and John drove it and ageeed it was messing up, the gears were doing that same lurching thing. He contacted Taylor & Coleman and returned the car to them. Another week had gone by, and I didn't hear anything. So I called John to find out what the deal was. He says it took Taylor and Coleman about 4 days of driving it before it would act up. This I find hard to believe, if a transmission gets progressively worse if it's not fixed. I think Coleman & Taylor made that up because they didn't want to rebuild the transmission AGAIN, or were not looking forward to have to redo my car. I'm lucky college classes are not in session so I can borrow my college student's car. It took 7 days the first time they did the transmission, so I'm assuming ( and you know what they say about that) it will take 7 more. If it does, then they will have had my car a total of 3 weeks!
For a big job like rebuilding a transmission, I was recommended by John, to go to these guys. I hope he will no longer recommmend them but if he did to a friend I would advise my friend not take his advice on this one. On other things sure.
But in this particular instance ( a rebuilt transmission) I would not recommend.
Service Date: 07/19/2017
Review Created: 07/31/2017 06:23 PM
JD B. at Oak Court Shell responded on 08/01/2017

I talked to the customer and explanied to her what caused the transmission to fail after rebuilding and after speaking with her she understood how it occured after the transmission was rebuilt and let her know that I am sorry for any inconvenience that it may have caused her.

Kathy H. on 07/28/2017
"Started off great but last visit ended with me in tears. Promises but no delivery"
Went for A/C repairs. Everything started great; the diagnostic, putting the dye in the system, etc. Once John told me he identified the problem (strayer valve) and that he could fix it by either removing it or replacing the compressor, I was happy that I would not have to endure triple digit temps with no A/C. The day I dropped the car off for the actual repairs, I received a call from him within a couple of hours that he could not repair it and the vehicle 'had' to go back to the Ford Dealer for repair. If that wasn't bad enough, when I pick the vehicle up I learn from his employees that John had not even been in the repair shop the entire day. This is the end result of 5 visits and "ZERO" results. No, there will be no recommendation coming from me!
Vehicle: Ford Freestyle
Service Date: 07/27/2017
Review Created: 07/28/2017 10:18 PM
JD B. at Oak Court Shell responded on 08/01/2017

Talked to the customer and explained to her what and how everything transspired as well as apologized for the many vists that it took us to find out that we could"nt help her.

Oak Court Shell
Evelyn W. on 07/27/2017
Evelyn said this business got done quickly. They were reasonably priced.
Vehicle: BMW 3 Series
Service Date: 07/24/2017
Review Created: 07/27/2017
Barbara C. on 07/23/2017
"With John Smith as the manager he makes sure that he and his staff are very friendly people. That makes a different to me. If I feel uncomfortable I will go somewhere else."
John is still the greatest.
Vehicle: Honda Civic
Service Date: 06/23/2017
Review Created: 07/23/2017 10:06 AM
Kelly T. on 07/23/2017
"Always Great Service!!!"
I have been going to Ballenger's FOR YEARS! I hate that they closed their location in Germantown; however, going to the Oak Court one isn't too bad. (I miss the waiting area in G'town though) While I don't have much to compare it to since I've been going there for so long, I'd said their fees are extremely reasonable and competitive. Service is always spectacular! They will check your car, regardless of service. I generally go in an oil change and/or tire rotation and they'll top off fluids. This time it was windshield washer fluid. There was one time in the past, I went in for a simple oil change and the technician noticed that my tire was a little low. Upon further inspection, he found a nail in my tire and offered to patch it free of charge. Everyone is friendly and professional. You don't get that kind of service just anywhere!
Vehicle: Honda Civic
Service Date: 07/22/2017
Review Created: 07/23/2017 06:00 AM
James G. on 07/21/2017
James said this business was recommended to him.
Vehicle: GMC Yukon
Service Date: 07/20/2017
Review Created: 07/21/2017
Paula K. on 07/18/2017
Paula said she has been doing business with the facility for 15 years. She trusts the staff. They are very honest and they charge a reasonable rate. The staff has always been straightforward. They have a really good business, so people can't just drop in. The service has to be scheduled because there are so many people that are loyal to this business.
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz C300
Dwight R. on 07/18/2017
Dwight said he was very pleased.
Vehicle: Pontiac G6
Joan A. on 07/18/2017
Joan said she was satisfied with the service this business provided.
Vehicle: Jeep Liberty
Bill W. on 07/17/2017
"friendly, caring service - they really care about their customers "
Always good workmanship
Vehicle: Toyota RAV4
Review Created: 07/17/2017 11:45 AM
Gillian K. on 07/14/2017
"Service review"
Your service was excellent. My car runs like a top again.
Vehicle: Nissan Altima
Service Date: 07/10/2017
Review Created: 07/14/2017 07:24 AM
David S. on 07/14/2017
David said they did a great job.
Vehicle: Honda Accord Cpe
Service Date: 07/13/2017
Review Created: 07/14/2017
Dana E. on 07/13/2017
"Great People"
Never have a bad experience here.
Vehicle: Toyota Land Cruiser
Service Date: 07/07/2017
Review Created: 07/13/2017 10:20 AM
Jonathan M. on 07/13/2017
Jonathan said he was very satisfied with the speed and the service.
Vehicle: Saturn SL1
Service Date: 07/11/2017
Review Created: 07/13/2017
Scott G. on 07/07/2017
"Great Service As Always"
Easy to schedule an appointment, although I have often just walked in and they've taken care of me that day. Dropped my car off at appointed time & they had it taken care of in just a couple of hours, no mess no fuss. Always courteous and willing to go the extra mile, even to remind me what to check on in the future. I'd say everybody should take their car there but then I might have trouble getting in--what the heck, everyone should go there for routine maintenance or repair
Vehicle: Toyota Corolla
Review Created: 07/07/2017 10:05 AM
WREN K. on 07/05/2017
"Oak Court Shell is my car-godsend"
As always, John and his staff provided courteous and thorough service for my car. I am always satisfied with their service, and I appreciate their consistent courtesy and good care.
Service Date: 07/03/2017