Papa's Auto Service & Tire

Review for Papa's Auto Service & Tire
Robert D. on 03/16/2015
"trust"
I came in for a smog inspection. I was told i should get four new tires. I have about 50,000 miles on those tires. They are 60,000 mile tires. I took them to the place of purchase and was told, "I don't know why they told you that. I think these tires have lots of miles left on them." I was told while there getting my car smog checked, that your desire was to earn the trust of your customers. Would love to hear your thoughts.
Vehicle: Honda Passport
Service Date: 03/13/2015
Review Created: 03/16/2015 09:58 AM
ATRAK R. at Papa's Auto Service & Tire responded on 03/19/2015

Hi Robert,

Thank you for your thoughts. Indeed I mentioned to look into getting 4 new tires because you did have some thread left however they were dry cracked. Cracked tires can cause a blowout at anytime, putting yourself at risk. As you have stated, 60,000 miles is the suggested mileage for your tires and you have gone 50,000 miles. You have used more than 83% of your tires which is great but the remaining thread left on the tires with dry cracking is not safe. Mileage of tires is not taking into consideration drive patterns, correct air pressure, severe braking, burnouts, car sitting for long periods of time, etc. The point is I was looking out for your best interest and safety. I hope you find this useful and if you have any questions please give me a call.

We hope to see you again!

Atrak