Patriot Subaru of North Attleboro

Overall Rating 3.6/5Overall Rating 3.6/5Overall Rating 3.6/5rating 3.6rating 3.6
Overall Rating 1.6/5rating 1.6rating 1.6rating 1.6rating 1.6
Ryan K. on 01/17/2017
"Great place "
It's always friendly and the staff treats you like family. They also take care of your car like they own it.
Vehicle: SUBARU IMPREZA WR
Service Date: 01/03/2017
Review Created: 01/17/2017 03:56 AM
Subrahmanyam K. on 01/16/2017
"Best Car Buying Experience"
I had a very good sales experience. Pat Kelly, my salesman, was never forceful. Always tried to work with me to get me the best price. All the sales personnel, account managers and other staff members were awesome.
Review Created: 01/16/2017 06:57 PM
Mark A. on 01/16/2017
"Exceeded expectations"
My first Subaru purchase. Everyone in the dealership was super friendly. Process was smooth. No haggling. Everything explained in lay people's terms. Great price. Would recommend to anyone considering a Subaru
Vehicle: SUBARU OUTBACK 2.5I PR
Review Created: 01/16/2017 05:55 PM
Courtney B. on 01/16/2017
"Friendly Staff"
Staff members were very accommodating, would have liked to be able to negotiate the price a little more.
Sales Date: 01/02/2017
Review Created: 01/16/2017 12:03 PM
Jeannine L. on 01/16/2017
"My navigation system needs to be replaced."
I have had unbelievable trouble having my GPS fixed. After a number of contacts and bringing my car in the service department agreed to replace the navigation system in my car-despite the fact that they were unable to replicate the problem that I was experiencing (the GPS breaks off in mid sentence...gives directions after the fact as in miles after I have passed the exit...will not change settings-voice). On my most recent visit they actually started to do the service and apparently the box with the replacement part was mismarked. I cannot begin to express my frustration over this. The inconvenience alone is aggravating! I believe that the service reps are beginning to get annoyed too! As this is pretty ridiculous! I am on a 1st name basis with them...so I have no one to yell at hopefully this rating will make some noise. This is clearly a case of poor management.
Service Date: 01/02/2017
Review Created: 01/16/2017 08:02 AM
Glen R. at Patriot Subaru of North Attleboro responded on 01/17/2017

Hi Jeannine,

We apologize for the frustration this situation has caused. When we are assessing a warranty situation, Subaru requires us to duplicate the condition in order to ensure we are replacing the correct part to resolve an issue. When yo brought your GPS in for us to look at, the technician tested the unit, and it was operating normally during all phases of testing.  Under normal circumstances, we would not be able to replace the unit until we were able to confirm it's irratic operation.  Since you had brought the vehicle in multiple times for the same issue, even though we were not able to duplicate the issue, our service director contacted our Subaru rep and he authorized us to have the navigation unit replaced in your vehicle.  The audio/navigation units are not manufactured by Subaru of America.  Depending on the model, they are manufactured by different audio/GPS manufacturers.  (They make units for almost all automotive manufacturers). When we ordered your replacement unit from the manufacturer, they sent us an audio unit that did not have a GPS features like was installed in your vehicle.  The box was labeled correctly and the units look almost identical.   We are very sorry for the inconvenience as we understand that you are still experiencing issues with your GPS and just want it fixed.  So do we! ;-) We have contacted the audio manufacturer, explained the situation and they are working to get us a replacement unit asap.  We will contact you as soon as we have it to get it installed in your vehicle.  Thanks again for your patience.  We look forward to getting this issue resoved for you.

Regards,

Glen

Timothy M. on 01/16/2017
"An unexpected experience "
I went in not expecting to buy a car, but after talking and getting to know my sales associate. I knew it was the right thing and the right time to buy one.
Vehicle: SUBARU LEGACY 2.5I PRE
Sales Date: 01/02/2017
Review Created: 01/16/2017 04:53 AM
Nancy B. on 01/15/2017
"Hype not equal to product"
I was told that my car buying experience here would excel that of any other dealership. I was told that this place was different and everyone was happy and proud to work here.
So, I got my new Forester home complete with an empty windshield reservoir (funny, but the car alerted me to that, as it did during the test drive), vinyl tape on the hood and tape residue (glue) on all 4 doors!
I then got the email alerting me that the delivery Checklist had been completed and followed. This is one of those times where automated emails (sent after I alerted the salesperson of the issues) are not elevating the car buying experience.
I realize this is trivial (although the tape and residue are still there; I bought my own windshield washing liquid), but if you constantly drill a customer to expect unbridled excellence, then it is a disappointment when it is not delivered.
But your name is on the back of the car delivered as it was and still is.
Sales Date: 12/29/2016
Review Created: 01/15/2017 11:23 PM
Shazia L. on 01/14/2017
"Amazing customer service "
Every step of the process was superb. From the salesperson to the business office to everyone in between. They even personally delivered my new car to my home because I didn't have an extra driver available to me that night!
Review Created: 01/14/2017 09:19 AM
Maria Y. on 01/14/2017
"Having to go to subaru 3 times for fog light installation. They keep ordering incorrect panel trim!"
I had an appt on 12/30/16 to install fog lights, a birthday present that day. Was very disappointed when told they ordered the wrong panel trim. Made an appt on Saturday the 7th since I received a call saying the correct ones were in. Drove during a snow storm from Cranston, RI to finally install the fog lights. However, Chris from the service dept approached me and said ONCE AGAIN the wrong panel trim was ordered INCORRECTLY! He was very nice and apologized and said he would even come to my house to install the correct panel trim. I did receive a phone call from Glen Reed yesterday to make an appt, that the panel trim is in ?!
Vehicle: SUBARU FORESTER 2
Service Date: 12/30/2016
Review Created: 01/14/2017 08:32 AM
Glen R. at Patriot Subaru of North Attleboro responded on 01/17/2017

Hi Maria,

We are so sorry for the inconvenience for this mix up.  It is true that our parts department did order the incorrect color trim panel the first time.  When we reordered the part, the second time it came in, the box was labeled correctly but the trim panel was not the panel labeled on the box.  We were truly embarrassed about the situation which is why our shop foreman Chris offered to install the part at your house when it came in.  When I called last week, I left a message to let me know what day would be best for Chris to stop by, or if you were in the area, we could pop it in, in about 5 minutes.   I called your house again yesterday as I had not heard from you.  I spoke with your husband who said you would be stopping by tonight around 4pm.  We have double checked that the panel in the box is the correct part this time. We truly appreciate your patience and apologize for the inconvenience.  See you tonight!
Glen

Ryan U. on 01/14/2017
"The service department "
The sales team was great! Service team is sloppy. My pre owned vehical i purchased has a strong pull to thw right which i brought up during my test drive. Ive brought the vehical back twice already and the problem is not fixed. Ive been told by the service writer "all cars do that" and was told and was given a science lesson on how the road had a slope by the service manager.. everyone who has evaluated my car outside of suburu has told me this issue is not normal. It just seems to me they are trying to avoid this work. Non the less i will be bringing the vehical back agian.
Vehicle: LEXUS IS 250
Service Date: 12/31/2016
Review Created: 01/14/2017 06:14 AM
Diane C. on 01/14/2017
"Subaru Crosstrek purchase"
The staff at Patriot work very well as a team which is unusual at a car dealership and very refreshing. Cody Charpentier and Ben Potter were especially wonderful and I felt appreciated and valued as a customer.
Vehicle: SUBARU CROSSTREK PREMI
Review Created: 01/14/2017 03:36 AM
Brenda L. on 01/13/2017
"Was dealt with in a respectful, not pushy, manner."
The lifetime warranty convinced me to purchase my subaru here.
Vehicle: SUBARU OUTBACK 2.5I PR
Review Created: 01/13/2017 03:14 PM
Karen B. on 01/13/2017
"Forester "
Very professional to deal with. Chris an excellent sales rep Ben negotiated and facilitated sale in an excellent manner as well
Review Created: 01/13/2017 02:23 PM
Ruth O. on 01/13/2017
"The Sales process was difficult. Transparent ???/ no way ! not very clear answers, lot's of "I'll have to go and ask" statements . They don't leave you with a feeling of confidence about their dealership."
First off, The car that I saw in an ad on line was different than the car they showed us. On line it was a 5 spd, in person it was an automatic ? On line it had 17" aftermarket wheels and tires, in person they were 15" tires and hubcaps ? They talk about fair price and value and they gave a number of $13,450 as comparative price for the car and they were $1,000 over that price to start ?? We had to sit through a flip chart sales speak presentation from the "non commission based" salesman about what they offered as a dealership. Right down through financing and leasing even though he was told that we were paying cash for the car ? We were then told by the rep that "all our cars ( even the used ones we sell) have an extended warranty to 100,000 miles on the power train, blah, blah, blah...." Only to find out later from Mr. "Upsell" in the office that you have to buy the extended warranty for a car with over 50,000 miles ?? After we agreed to buy the car and put money down we told them that we had to transfer some money and that we needed two days to do so. The Manager then came and told us that he could work it so we could write him a check for the full sale amount, take the car and deal with the paperwork later ? He also was all sorts of apologetic about the mix up with the wheels and transmission information and said he would make thing right for us ...... Then the car wasn't ready on the day it was supposed to be and there were problems with the tire pressure lights and more inside lights in the car etc. This is all after we were told that it was all checked over and "set to go". Later in the day when it was again supposed to be ready it had to go for a Vin check and then had an engine light problem so we were without the car another day and I needed to get a ride to work as I had no car because the registration and insurance had been transferred to the new car. Had we not transferred the insurance we would have cancelled the checks and told them to keep the car....., Not a Fan of Patriot Subaru at all .
Vehicle: SUBARU IMPREZA
Review Created: 01/13/2017 12:01 PM
Tom T. at Patriot Subaru of North Attleboro responded on 01/19/2017

HI Ruth,
Thanks for sending in your review.  We were aware that the process was not smooth, so your comments were fair, and became the focal point for a team meeting.   Beginning with a data entry error on the transmission/wheels -  Human error, but should not happen. We’ve discussed it with that person, and made them aware that a simple mistake can be costly both in dollars and reputation.   The sales associate was new to the team, eager to do things right.  On one hand it sounds like they missed some cues in your conversation, but at the same time it is to your benefit to hear the finance or lease programs. It was not the right thing for you, but other folks do change their mind after hearing the options.  Still, the presentation needed polish. Lastly, the delays in having the car ready on time was a service issue, and thus we brought the service managers in to go over the issues you experienced. Overall,  we want you to be excited about the vehicle, and it’s on us that you were disappointed. We have high expectations for what we do, so this one was certainly a reminder that even though we have very high ratings,  we must work to improve.
Sincerely,
Patriot Subaru

Michael C. on 01/13/2017
"Recent visit"
Your service department gets high marks for cleanliness, courtesy, work done properly and overall I am happy with the service you have provided to date. Where I feel you fail is in loaner car availability , failing to process more than one recall on a given date (previous service to 12/30/2016), but most of all waiting a full year to be told that my "voice to text" does not work with an IPhone. I should not have had to wait for a Subaru Guru to tell me that. It is always the sn
Mall issues that separate good from great.
Service Date: 12/30/2016
Review Created: 01/13/2017 11:54 AM
Ian H. on 01/13/2017
"Trustworthy sales staff - a change from the norm!"
One of the things that makes Patriot Subaru of NA stand out is the fact that sales staff works on reviews, not on commission. This novel concept for the auto industry makes the customer instantly feel that the salesman is on your side. I felt from the beginning that David (salesman) was there to make me happy, not bring in extra bucks on markups. He was really working for ME. He explained that he would get a bonus if I rated him highly, which made him go out of his way to have me happy. An example of this was David jumping on the phone with my insurance company to attempt to lower my rates even further by bragging about the safety features of my Legacy. What dealership does this? It's a solid place. If you're in the market for a Subaru, it's worth a drive even out of the way to go to this place. I did.
Vehicle: SUBARU LEGACY 2.5I SPO
Review Created: 01/13/2017 07:42 AM
Allison P. on 01/12/2017
"Patriot Subaru is the model for exceptional customer service!"
Patriot Subaru provided exceptional customer service. They were very knowledgeable about the vehicles, which helped me come to a decision in choosing my first Subaru. The facility is gorgeous and has a comfortable waiting area (though we didn't use it much since we didn't really have to wait!). I've already recommended Patriot Subaru to some friends and family and would recommend to anyone else.
Vehicle: SUBARU CROSSTREK PREMI
Sales Date: 12/29/2016
Review Created: 01/12/2017 09:45 AM
Vivian F. on 01/12/2017
"Review"
convenience, effecitient and easy to schedule service
Review Created: 01/12/2017 07:59 AM
Jessica R. on 01/12/2017
"December visit"
Everything was fine and went as expected. I am still waiting on word of a new motor for the back door that needed to be replaced. Can someone send me an update on when that should arrive? I didn't expect it would take this long.
Review Created: 01/12/2017 07:59 AM