Patriot Subaru of North Attleboro

Overall Rating 3.6/5Overall Rating 3.6/5Overall Rating 3.6/5rating 3.6rating 3.6
Overall Rating 1.6/5rating 1.6rating 1.6rating 1.6rating 1.6

Jason M. on 03/16/2017
"Underwhelmed"
I recently went back to Patriot to pick up my second vehicle from them. The first was serviced for two and a half months with zero communication from the dealership. I ended up dealing with Subaru of America in finding out any status updates about the car. When I went to pick up the new car, I made an appointment to meet with the Sales manager who promptly passed me off to a salesperson who while pleasant and helpful, had no knowledge of everything I had been through and had nothing ready that I had specifically asked the Sales manager to have ready. I will never purchase or have my car serviced at this dealership. Should I continue to purchase Subarus, it will be elsewhere.
Vehicle: SUBARU FORESTER 2.5I
Category: Sales
Sales Date: 02/08/2017
Review Created: 03/16/2017 01:54 PM
Kevin B. on 03/08/2017
"Lied to Again"
I didn't get an invite to review my previous visit, so I'll have to start there. I had an APPOINTMENT for 8:30 a.m. to start an oil consumption test (not much more than an oil change). I left my car and went back to pick it up at 2:30 in the afternoon. Upon returning I was asked to wait in the lobby where I waited an ADDITIONAL 1/2 hour. I was then told that because my car had over 90,000 miles on it they had to speak to Subaru of America before performing the oil consumption test (lie #1). I was told that they couldn't get in touch with Subaru of America at that time because of the snow storm that we were getting that day (lie #2). I was told that they would call Subaru of America on Monday (this took place on a Saturday) and I would be called back to make another appointment (lie #3). I waited until Wednesday and then called Subaru of America myself. I asked them about the 90,000 mile issue and they said that there was no such criteria of having to discuss with them based on the mileage of the car (see lie #1). I asked them where they were located and asked if they were closed or had limited operations due to Saturday's snow storm. They are much further south on the East Coast and were not impacted by the storm that hit New England and had business as usual (see lie #2). I asked if there were record of an inquiry from Patriot Subaru regarding my vehicle and they said there was not (see lie #3). I got my car back into Patriot Subaru and no apology was given for having not started the oil consumption test on my previous visit. At the end of that visit the desk employee had the gall to lie to me a 4th time by referencing a conversation she claimed she had with Subaru of America about my car on the Monday she said she was going to call them! Again, there was no record of her having called. In fact after I called Subaru of America they (Subaru of America) had to call Patriot Subaru and they talked to the same person! This type of service just adds to the frustration I already have with Subaru because of my ongoing oil consumption issues.
Vehicle: SUBARU IMPREZA SP
Service Date: 02/20/2017
Review Created: 03/08/2017 03:19 AM
Glen R. at Patriot Subaru of North Attleboro responded on 03/17/2017

Hi Kevin,

I am sorry for the frustration at your last service visit.  The fact that your vehicle was not completed was 100% our fault.  I'm not sure what time we were expecting you to pick up, but obviously there was a communication breakdown on our end and for that we are truly sorry.  As far as contacting Subaru there were two separate issues.  The first was a mistake on our service advisors part.  We are required to seek authorization before performing for any oil consumption issues under warranty on any vehicles over 100,000 miles.  She was under the impression it was 90,000 miles.  Again, a mistake on our part that we are truly sorry for.  When we call for authorization from our representative, it is Subaru of New England that we work with.  They are located in Norwood Massachusetts and they were closed due to the storm. All warranty claims for all stores in New England are processed and approved by Subaru of New England, not the main office in Cherry Hill.   Again, we apologize for the miscommunication regarding your pick-up time at your last service.   We look forward to the opportunity to make things right at your next service visit.

Dave. E. on 02/20/2017
"Watch service"
My daughter has had all her service according to schedule. She recently went for service and patriot came up with a plan as well as doing some work (?). She decided to check with a certified subura shop near her. Some things she did not need and some she did plus other items. The shop said she needed her transmission oil changed and it was the worse he had seen. Patriot was suppose to have changed it.
To patriot credit they did give money back for the suppose work done on the above visit after she talked with the GM.
We also bought our Outback there as well as several friends. Patriot has been prompt with their service but we now have great reservation!
Note: sales has been great
Service Date: 02/09/2017
Review Created: 02/20/2017 04:59 PM
Glen R. at Patriot Subaru of North Attleboro responded on 02/21/2017

Hi Dave,

I would love to speak with you regarding your daughters exprience.  Please give me a call at your convenience.  207-710-2720.

Group Service Director

Rob C. on 02/07/2017
"was treated condescendingly, they wasted quite a bit of my time, and solved on of my issues. "
brand new outback. weird rattle coming from behind the horn/airbag in the steering wheel. Came to service to have this addressed. they said indeed this was an issue, and that they could indeed hear it, and a new airbag was ordered. they said they would call when it came in within a few days. No call ever came. I had to call and inquire if it was in before I could make an appointment. I make a second appointment to take it in to have this new airbag put in, take a half day off of work to do so, spend three hours there, they come out and tell me that the new one is making the same noise and so they didn't even put it in. why they didn't check this BEFORE I made an appointment, came in, took a half a day off of work and then sat there for three hours I still don't know. so I am again waiting for them to call me to tell me that the second new airbag has come in. again, I never get a call and have to call myself and inquire about it before I can get a service appointment. I make an appointment, take another half day of work off, come in, sit there for several hours before they finally come out and tell me that not only is the new one doing the exact same thing the others were, but they've now looked at a few other outbacks, and this is an issue that is present in all outbacks. they checked several other vehicles, several other new airbag units all with the same issue, and that there was nothing they could do. when I frankly didn't believe them, and asked if I could see/hear the other outbacks the issue was present in, they said no. convenient. even if they were telling the truth about checking other vehicles, again, why didn't they do this before scheduling three appointments with me, and wasting about a day and a half of my time. I went to a different dealer several days later, test drove an identical 2017 model, issue was not present. so they indeed lied and were evidently happy to piss on my intelligence in the process. I had several other issues I wanted them to address in my BRAND new vehicle, that they also failed to fix under the guise of flimsy excuses of them being normal behavior, which is short for they don't know how to fix it, so instead they are going to claim it's not an issue. awful service. awful people. awful awful awful.
Vehicle: SUBARU OUTBACK TO
Service Date: 01/16/2017
Review Created: 02/07/2017 03:06 PM
Glen R. at Patriot Subaru of North Attleboro responded on 02/15/2017

Hi Rob,

I wanted to take a moment to address your review.  At Patriot Subaru our mission statement is very simple...."To Serve".  "To service our customers, the community, our families and each other."  This is the core of what we do every day.  I am sorry we did not meet your expectations.  When you brought your vehicle in for service, you had several complaints. Two of them have to do with sounds coming from the vehicle, the third concern was a vibration at highway speeds and finally the tires pressures fluctuated erratically.  When you first brought the vehicle in for service, the technician did hear the sound you described, however it was so faint, he had never noticed it before and was not sure if it was present in all like model vehicles, or just yours. The technician replaced the air bag assembly assuming that sound was from a defective air bag assembly.  We have never had anyone else ever mention it, so we wanted to err on the side of caution.   When you called back with the same complaint, we ordered another airbag module.  When you returned for installation, he was no longer able hear any abnormal sounds at all coming from the vehicle. When he examined the airbag assemblies, they both made identical sounds when shaking them vigorously.  Since we were concerned that the vehicle came in making no sounds, and all three airbags had similar characteristics, we did not want to replace the airbag module with the chance that the same sound would be more prevalent with another replacement air bag.  At that point I requested to go for a test drive with you, as I wanted to make sure we properly addressed all four of your concerns and we had only been able to hear the power seat wiring brushing against the seat frame.   I drove with you for over 35 miles in varying conditions.  At that time you agreed we did not hear ANY abnormal sounds coming from the vehicle, there was no shimmy at highway speeds.  We also found all four tires were set to 36 psi.  I did find two inexpensive tire gages in your vehicle and explained that pressure readings can vary from gage to gage and tire pressures will also fluctuate with changes in ambient air temperature.  If you set the tire pressures, and drive the vehicle and the tires heat up, when you recheck the pressures they may show a higher psi. When they cool, they will drop back down.  I explained that this is not a defect, it is simply physics.    You mentioned that you went to another dealer.... I searched the warranty history and found no record of them replacing any parts on your vehicle, which indicates to me that they also found no problems with your vehicle.  I'm sorry you feel we are awful people with awful service, but it's nice to know that another dealer confirmed our findings.  I wish you the best of luck with your vehicle.  If you do decide to return if an issue arises, we would be happy to assist.

Jason J. on 01/31/2017
"Not Happy this Time "
A few weeks back I brought my Legacy in because of check engine light - I paid for diagnostic and replacement if coolant sensor. Over $400 worth of work. That follwing week I had to bring it back because light went on again. They said it was because coolant was overflowing and causing light to come on. I had to come back again the next week because light came back on again. Was told I needed another diagnostic check - I asked if I had to pay again for diagnostic check. I was told I would receive s call the following Monday with the answer to that question and I didn't hear from anyone.
Service Date: 01/17/2017
Review Created: 01/31/2017 09:06 AM
Glen R. at Patriot Subaru of North Attleboro responded on 01/31/2017

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the follow-up.   According to the notes in our system, we left you message to call regarding your vehicle. I apologize you not receive our message.  Since you have been in repeatedly for the same issue, we would be happy to perform the testing necessary to pinpoint the cause of the electrical issue at no cost to you.   Although the sensor was damaged and replaced, it looks like a poor ground in the main wiring harness may be the root cause of the issue.  Please give us a call to schedule a time that will work best for  you to have the additional diagnostics performed.  We will be happy to provide a loaner vehicle during this process to minimize the inconvenience.

Sarah S. on 01/29/2017
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Not a good place to work"
Not a good place to work. Many people are let go or leave constantly. When I was let got there was no warning and just a phone call was made two hours before my shift.
Service Date: 07/06/2016
Review Created: 01/29/2017 12:11 PM
Tom T. at Patriot Subaru of North Attleboro responded on 01/30/2017

Hi Sarah,
Respectfully we’ve made changes as necessary as we continue to grow and improve. The auto business tends to have a high turnover, but as we enter our 3rd year in business, we’ve moved well below the average rate, as the team comes together as a strong unit.  You were here for a very short term as a receptionist, and unfortunately it did not work out.  That ended back in July, so it’s a bit surprising to receive this review so many months later, but that’s ok. We do wish you well in your endeavors.
Sincerely,
Patriot Subaru

Franklin B. on 01/23/2017
"The worst place to do business"
a years ago I, traded my 2014 Subaru Crosstrek because the space was not big enough for me and my family so I traded it for a 2012 Subaru Forester and now the car has big problem with the oil. Now I'm still paying for the same price as the 2014 Subaru
Service Date: 01/09/2017
Review Created: 01/23/2017 11:59 AM
Glen R. at Patriot Subaru of North Attleboro responded on 01/27/2017

Hi Franklin,

I checked your history and it appears that we started an oil consumption test on your vehicle at your last visit as the oil light had come on.  Once you have driven the 1200 miles required to determine a consumption rate, bring the vehicle back for us to document the consumption rate.  Rest assured, if the vehicle is using an excessive amount of oil, the vehicle is under Subaru's Manufacturer's Warranty and it will be repaired at no cost to you.  Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to assist.  We look forward to resolving this issue for you.

Jeannine L. on 01/16/2017
"My navigation system needs to be replaced."
I have had unbelievable trouble having my GPS fixed. After a number of contacts and bringing my car in the service department agreed to replace the navigation system in my car-despite the fact that they were unable to replicate the problem that I was experiencing (the GPS breaks off in mid sentence...gives directions after the fact as in miles after I have passed the exit...will not change settings-voice). On my most recent visit they actually started to do the service and apparently the box with the replacement part was mismarked. I cannot begin to express my frustration over this. The inconvenience alone is aggravating! I believe that the service reps are beginning to get annoyed too! As this is pretty ridiculous! I am on a 1st name basis with them...so I have no one to yell at hopefully this rating will make some noise. This is clearly a case of poor management.
Service Date: 01/02/2017
Review Created: 01/16/2017 08:02 AM
Glen R. at Patriot Subaru of North Attleboro responded on 01/17/2017

Hi Jeannine,

We apologize for the frustration this situation has caused. When we are assessing a warranty situation, Subaru requires us to duplicate the condition in order to ensure we are replacing the correct part to resolve an issue. When yo brought your GPS in for us to look at, the technician tested the unit, and it was operating normally during all phases of testing.  Under normal circumstances, we would not be able to replace the unit until we were able to confirm it's irratic operation.  Since you had brought the vehicle in multiple times for the same issue, even though we were not able to duplicate the issue, our service director contacted our Subaru rep and he authorized us to have the navigation unit replaced in your vehicle.  The audio/navigation units are not manufactured by Subaru of America.  Depending on the model, they are manufactured by different audio/GPS manufacturers.  (They make units for almost all automotive manufacturers). When we ordered your replacement unit from the manufacturer, they sent us an audio unit that did not have a GPS features like was installed in your vehicle.  The box was labeled correctly and the units look almost identical.   We are very sorry for the inconvenience as we understand that you are still experiencing issues with your GPS and just want it fixed.  So do we! ;-) We have contacted the audio manufacturer, explained the situation and they are working to get us a replacement unit asap.  We will contact you as soon as we have it to get it installed in your vehicle.  Thanks again for your patience.  We look forward to getting this issue resoved for you.

Maria Y. on 01/14/2017
"Having to go to subaru 3 times for fog light installation. They keep ordering incorrect panel trim!"
I had an appt on 12/30/16 to install fog lights, a birthday present that day. Was very disappointed when told they ordered the wrong panel trim. Made an appt on Saturday the 7th since I received a call saying the correct ones were in. Drove during a snow storm from Cranston, RI to finally install the fog lights. However, Chris from the service dept approached me and said ONCE AGAIN the wrong panel trim was ordered INCORRECTLY! He was very nice and apologized and said he would even come to my house to install the correct panel trim. I did receive a phone call from Glen Reed yesterday to make an appt, that the panel trim is in ?!
Service Date: 12/30/2016
Review Created: 01/14/2017 08:32 AM
Glen R. at Patriot Subaru of North Attleboro responded on 01/17/2017

Hi Maria,

We are so sorry for the inconvenience for this mix up.  It is true that our parts department did order the incorrect color trim panel the first time.  When we reordered the part, the second time it came in, the box was labeled correctly but the trim panel was not the panel labeled on the box.  We were truly embarrassed about the situation which is why our shop foreman Chris offered to install the part at your house when it came in.  When I called last week, I left a message to let me know what day would be best for Chris to stop by, or if you were in the area, we could pop it in, in about 5 minutes.   I called your house again yesterday as I had not heard from you.  I spoke with your husband who said you would be stopping by tonight around 4pm.  We have double checked that the panel in the box is the correct part this time. We truly appreciate your patience and apologize for the inconvenience.  See you tonight!

Vann L. on 01/10/2017
"Problem still occur "
We took our 2008 Tribeca in for Vibration at 40 mph - Service manager recommended replacing both front drive CV Assembly $1100 drove home still same vibration . We took car to local mechanic - They drove the car and said not CV assembly - Drive shaft and CV joint is the problem .
Service Date: 05/12/2016
Review Created: 01/10/2017 07:27 AM
Glen R. at Patriot Subaru of North Attleboro responded on 01/12/2017

Hello Vann,

According to our records it looks like we replaced both front drive shafts in your vehicle in May of last year with no other service history other than that service.   If the vibration was still present, I wish you had brought the vehicle back to us immediately.  We are truly committed to our customer's satisfaction, and would certainly have made the situation right.   Unfortunately after 8 months, it is difficult to determine if what you are experiencing now is related to the work that was performed.  Please give us a call as we would like to resolve your issue.

Jeannine L. on 12/30/2016
"Service very bad"
Brought my car in b/c of a recall and to get GPS fixed. GPS has notworked correctly since I have had car 2 yrs. presently cuts out. Returned unfixed cut out on way home (5 mins after pick up. So I brought it back. Appt. made to resolve this. GPS cut out on way home from that appt. Service refuses to believe me. Car left for them to fix. Still there... no word... left there on 12/26! Not nec. for me to recommend you guys b/c I and the GPS problem are a laughing stock among my friends( ( "let's go w/ Jeannine and get lost! Her GPS is so bad)! Have tried to recommend you b/ c otherwise Ihave been happy. Knowing about this absurdity (GPS not right for 2 yrs) everyone just laughs!
Service Date: 12/16/2016
Review Created: 12/30/2016 06:56 AM
Glen R. at Patriot Subaru of North Attleboro responded on 01/03/2017

Hi Jeannine,

Thanks for the feedback and we understand your frustration.  One of the most difficult situations to diagnose is an intermittent electrical issue.  When we test the vehicle, if everything is operating as it should, it is impossible to determine what parts to replace.  In the case of your gps, even though we have been unable to duplicate your concern, our service manager agreed to replace the entire audio/gps unit in the vehicle.  The units are currently on back order from the manufacturer.  We have placed the order and will notify you as soon as it arrives to have it installed.  We appreciate your patience.

Theodore O. on 12/06/2016
"NOT HAPPY WITH THE SERVICE DEPT."
NOT FOR SERVICE
Service Date: 11/19/2016
Review Created: 12/06/2016 04:16 PM
Glen R. at Patriot Subaru of North Attleboro responded on 12/07/2016

Good afternoon,

We appreciate our customer's feedback as it gives us an opportunity to improve our processes to ensure our customers have a great experience.  Based on your review, we can see you were not happy with the oil change at your last service, however we can not tell how we could improve as there are no specifics mentioned.  I would love to chat with you regarding your experience.  Please feel free to call me directly at 207-710-2720.
Patriot Subaru

Magalie C. on 12/01/2016
"Unsatisfied "
It has been over two weeks & I have yet to receive a call to make an appointment to fix my heat. Very unpleased!
Service Date: 11/17/2016
Review Created: 12/01/2016 02:56 PM
Glen R. at Patriot Subaru of North Attleboro responded on 12/02/2016

Hello Magalie,

I am so sorry you did not receive the message regarding your parts.  I looked in our system and it looks like we left you a message on 11/19.  I apologize for the miscommunication.  Your parts are here.  Please give us a call to schedule a time that will be convenient to have the heat controls replaced.  Again, I am very sorry for the miscommunication.

Thomas M. ReScore Review on 12/02/2016
Recommended? Yes
Surecritic checkman logo Verified
"I did experience a problem with this dealership, but once it went through the channels the problem was solve wit my satisfaction. "
This dealership is somewhat new and seem to be working out the kinks
Vehicle: SUBARU XV CROSSTR
Service Date: 11/16/2016
Review Created: 11/30/2016 03:10 AM

"Response to complaints"
Lousy. Dealership never followed through with their response to complaints. Over charged.
Vehicle: SUBARU XV CROSSTR
Service Date: 11/16/2016
Review Created: 11/30/2016 03:10 AM
Glen R. at Patriot Subaru of North Attleboro responded on 11/30/2016

Hi Thomas,

I see there was a credit put on your account due to billing error on your last repair order.  We apologize for the error.  Our new Service Director will be reaching out to you today to ensure the situation has been fully rectified.  Again, our sincerest apologies for the error on our part.

Steven M. on 11/07/2016
"Alignment"
Very dissatisfied. Alignment was not done correctly. I just bought new tires from another automotive shop. In the comments section alignment was not done to preferred specifications. I will expect a call back, to rectify this situation.
Service Date: 10/24/2016
Review Created: 11/07/2016 09:56 AM
Glen R. at Patriot Subaru of North Attleboro responded on 11/29/2016

Hi Steve,

We would be happy to recheck the alignment that was performed. Feel free to stop by with or without an appointment.  We can check it in less than 5 minutes.  We will also make sure the other shop was using the most current specs.

Keene F. on 10/21/2016
" Purchasing a 2017 Outback Limited"
I buy a new car about every 2 or 3 years. I am 69 years old and this was by far the worst new car buying experience I have ever had! After the bargaining was over the sales person quoted me a price that was actually $500 less than what the actual price turned out to be. He also promised me a set of WeatherTech winter floor mats which I never received! Because of miscommunication with the sales manager it took an extra two days for them to get my car registered inspected. They also miscommunicated about the zero percent financing that I could have had. I bought the car because I was just frustrated with shopping around and I did like the car but I would not recommend this dealership to anyone except my very worst enemy! This was truly a miserable car buying experience. The best way to describe this dealership is organized confusion!
Vehicle: SUBARU OUTBACK LIMITED
Category: Sales
Sales Date: 10/07/2016
Review Created: 10/21/2016 09:40 AM
Raymond C. on 09/23/2016
"How can I Ever Trust Patriot Subaru, Again?"
Concern- ac is blowing out hot air please advise
Correction "customer needs condenser and compressor ($1527.36), customer declined at the time"
I went home and gave it a shot of 134a refrigerant and it has been working fine.
I am so disappointed as I had my Subaru Impreza serviced with them and gave the excellent reviews and now this happen. How can I ever trust them again??
Vehicle: SUBARU IMPREZA 2.
Service Date: 09/09/2016
Review Created: 09/23/2016 06:54 AM
Tom T. at Patriot Subaru of North Attleboro responded on 10/11/2016

Hi Raymond,
You've been a great customer and we want to be sure we're not making a mistake.  If you bring the car in, we'd look to show you that there is a leak in the system.  By law, we can not fill a system, be it AC, oil, antifreeze...if the system has a leak.  134a will work for a while, but that will eventually leak. The system will need to be repaired.  Interestingly, the more you use it, the slower it leaks.  When it is idle, it leaks faster.  It is one of those unfortunate situations, and it looks like the system will need to be changed out in order to officially be fixed. Give me a call, and we can discuss.   Thanks, Chris Sousa   -844-972-8745

Scott K. on 09/19/2016
"Lack of communication and Poor Customer Service "
I called and made an appt, and waited over a week as I needed a loaner car. I get several emails cofirming appt. I get a call day. Before and I ask to confirm the loaner. Gentleman states if I requested it I will have a loaner. I arrive at 7:30 am next morning and no loaner. I needed to leave and come back after work to drop off car and get loaner. Was supposed to take one day. No call made to me during day to give me status. I needed to calm at 4pm and then learned car would. It be ready till next day. I was greatly inconvenienced because of patriot's inability to listen to my initial request and also when I confirmed the loaner the person basically brushed me off and did nothing to ensure the loaner. Then no one calls me to let me know the car won't be ready as promised. I have carbin again for service and and experiencing the same pathetic level of service. No communication. I have received nothing to compensate my inconvenience or apologies. Alex, in service, is very pleasant.
Service Date: 08/26/2016
Review Created: 09/19/2016 03:08 PM
Liz F. on 09/16/2016
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Managing Expectations is the first rule of good customer service"
As a professional who deals with high end clients on a daily basis the first rule of customer service is to manage expectations. Sadly the Patriot Subaru service department has not had a lesson on this topic.
When I asked for a time frame of the status of my repair I was given vague and incorrect answers. I had to call multiple times for information and was not given the correct information. I was promised my car would be ready for pick up "absolutely" by 6pm on a certain day. When I called two hours before the service representative did not know when my car would be ready and promised to call me back "right away". When I called back 45 minutes later the service representative told me they had to order another part and my car would not be ready until the next day. I should have received a call the minute they knew that another part was needed and not have had to call twice.
Tracking technology in 2016 is pretty amazing, it is sad that Patriot Subaru does not have the technology available to them. Especially since the dealership has only been in business in this location for a few years. When I was told about the need to order the original part the service representative told me it would take 'about a week". I recently bought paper towels online and was notified of every development in the tracking.
My advice is to call on a daily basis to find out the status of your vehicle if you want to be informed because the staff at Patriot Subaru will not contact you.
Service Date: 09/15/2016
Review Created: 09/16/2016 08:39 PM
Tom T. at Patriot Subaru of North Attleboro responded on 09/17/2016

Hello Liz,
Duly noted, as we have done our best to respond to the reviews you and Joe have posted. Respectfully, we are replying with the same intent on this review as we have with the others.

We started by saying that we dropped the ball.  Your vehicle was to be done by Wednesday, but we ran into an issue getting the warranty paperwork through on the backend,  which in turn led to a delay of parts being delivered.  Most of the time we have the parts in stock, but this was a specialty item.  No excuses.  Making the necessary phone call was overlooked,  and we apologized.  Those facts are undeniable.  Our Service Manager Chris Sousa spoke to Liz when the work was completed and coordinated the pick up. At that time, he did sincerely apologize for the delays that had occurred, and also thanked her for her feedback, which was naturally one of disappointment. We strive to be perfect, but we are not.  We have consistently earned very high grades and customer reviews, but when a mistake is made, how well we’ve done for others offers no comfort for you.  We work hard to be better.  Naturally we can’t expect a good review in this case, as you had a right to be upset.  You have both each written a Dealerrater review, and both Surecritic reviews,  so now four reviews total.  Again, we apologize for not meeting both yours, as well as our expectations. We do not single any one out, instead we meet as a team and go over what happened, why, and how to make sure that it does not occur again.  Those involved feel personally bad  for what happened and to have read your three reviews, but we reconciled together that we all bear the responsibility to ensure a customer’s experience.  We wish you well in your travels.
Best regards,
VJ Donnelly
General Manager

Joe M. on 09/16/2016
"Horrible service"
Terrible service. Brought in our Impreza for a transmission that died at 59,500 miles - thankfully just inside the 60,000 mile warranty limit. From the outset, there was no communication from the service department. Vague information given about when it might be ready. After several delays, finally was told it would be ready "no later than Wednesday". Called Wednesday afternoon to confirm. Car was not ready. (If we hadn't called, we'd have dragged ourselves all the way to North Attleboro to pick it up.) Finally, after much wrangling with the GM and the President, was able to get it on Thursday. No conciliations of any kind other than a "sorry for the poor communication" from the Prez. Was treated very perfunctorily and dismissively by Asst. manager when we arrived to pick it up. If I could give them 0 stars, I would.
Service Date: 09/15/2016
Review Created: 09/16/2016 08:38 PM
Tom T. at Patriot Subaru of North Attleboro responded on 09/17/2016

Hi Joe,
As we noted in our Surecritice response to Liz, we are replying with the same effort to apologize for not making your experience a better one.  Respectfully we are posting the same response, as it is applicable.  We have apologized, and summarized it in the following manner.

We understand that we dropped the ball.  Your vehicle was to be done by Wednesday, but we ran into an issue getting the warranty paperwork through on the backend,  which in turn led to a delay of parts being delivered.  Most of the time we have the parts in stock, but this was a specialty item.  No excuses.  Making the necessary phone call was overlooked,  and we apologized.  Those facts are undeniable.  Our Service Manager Chris Sousa spoke to Liz when the work was completed and coordinated the pick up. At that time, he did sincerely apologize for the delays that had occurred, and also thanked her for her feedback, which was naturally one of disappointment. We strive to be perfect, but we are not.  We have consistently earned very high grades and customer reviews, but when a mistake is made, how well we’ve done for others offers no comfort for you.  We work hard to be better.  Naturally we can’t expect a good review in this case, as you had a right to be upset.  You have both each written a Dealerrater review, and now you've both written one for Surecritic,  so four reviews total.  Again, we apologize for not meeting both yours, as well as our expectations. We do not single any one out, instead we meet as a team and go over what happened, why, and how to make sure that it does not occur again.  Those involved feel personally bad  for what happened and to have read your three reviews, but we reconciled together that we all bear the responsibility to ensure a customer’s experience. We learn from it and move forward with our comittment to excel to the best of our ability.
Sincerely,