Patriot Subaru of North Attleboro

Overall Rating 3.6/5Overall Rating 3.6/5Overall Rating 3.6/5rating 3.6rating 3.6
Overall Rating 1.6/5rating 1.6rating 1.6rating 1.6rating 1.6
Jeannine L. on 12/30/2016
"Service very bad"
Brought my car in b/c of a recall and to get GPS fixed. GPS has notworked correctly since I have had car 2 yrs. presently cuts out. Returned unfixed cut out on way home (5 mins after pick up. So I brought it back. Appt. made to resolve this. GPS cut out on way home from that appt. Service refuses to believe me. Car left for them to fix. Still there... no word... left there on 12/26! Not nec. for me to recommend you guys b/c I and the GPS problem are a laughing stock among my friends( ( "let's go w/ Jeannine and get lost! Her GPS is so bad)! Have tried to recommend you b/ c otherwise Ihave been happy. Knowing about this absurdity (GPS not right for 2 yrs) everyone just laughs!
Service Date: 12/16/2016
Review Created: 12/30/2016 06:56 AM
Glen R. at Patriot Subaru of North Attleboro responded on 01/03/2017

Hi Jeannine,

Thanks for the feedback and we understand your frustration.  One of the most difficult situations to diagnose is an intermittent electrical issue.  When we test the vehicle, if everything is operating as it should, it is impossible to determine what parts to replace.  In the case of your gps, even though we have been unable to duplicate your concern, our service manager agreed to replace the entire audio/gps unit in the vehicle.  The units are currently on back order from the manufacturer.  We have placed the order and will notify you as soon as it arrives to have it installed.  We appreciate your patience.

Theodore O. on 12/06/2016
"NOT HAPPY WITH THE SERVICE DEPT."
NOT FOR SERVICE
Service Date: 11/19/2016
Review Created: 12/06/2016 04:16 PM
Glen R. at Patriot Subaru of North Attleboro responded on 12/07/2016

Good afternoon,

We appreciate our customer's feedback as it gives us an opportunity to improve our processes to ensure our customers have a great experience.  Based on your review, we can see you were not happy with the oil change at your last service, however we can not tell how we could improve as there are no specifics mentioned.  I would love to chat with you regarding your experience.  Please feel free to call me directly at 207-710-2720.
Glen Reed
Service Director
Patriot Subaru

Magalie C. on 12/01/2016
"Unsatisfied "
It has been over two weeks & I have yet to receive a call to make an appointment to fix my heat. Very unpleased!
Vehicle: SUBARU FORESTER 2
Service Date: 11/17/2016
Review Created: 12/01/2016 02:56 PM
Glen R. at Patriot Subaru of North Attleboro responded on 12/02/2016

Hello Magalie,

I am so sorry you did not receive the message regarding your parts.  I looked in our system and it looks like we left you a message on 11/19.  I apologize for the miscommunication.  Your parts are here.  Please give us a call to schedule a time that will be convenient to have the heat controls replaced.  Again, I am very sorry for the miscommunication.

Glen

Thomas M. ReScore Review on 12/02/2016
Recommended? Yes
Surecritic checkman logo Verified
"I did experience a problem with this dealership, but once it went through the channels the problem was solve wit my satisfaction. "
This dealership is somewhat new and seem to be working out the kinks
Service Date: 11/16/2016
Review Created: 11/30/2016 03:10 AM

"Response to complaints"
Lousy. Dealership never followed through with their response to complaints. Over charged.
Service Date: 11/16/2016
Review Created: 11/30/2016 03:10 AM
Glen R. at Patriot Subaru of North Attleboro responded on 11/30/2016

Hi Thomas,

I see there was a credit put on your account due to billing error on your last repair order.  We apologize for the error.  Our new Service Director will be reaching out to you today to ensure the situation has been fully rectified.  Again, our sincerest apologies for the error on our part.

Steven M. on 11/07/2016
"Alignment"
Very dissatisfied. Alignment was not done correctly. I just bought new tires from another automotive shop. In the comments section alignment was not done to preferred specifications. I will expect a call back, to rectify this situation.
Service Date: 10/24/2016
Review Created: 11/07/2016 09:56 AM
Glen R. at Patriot Subaru of North Attleboro responded on 11/29/2016

Hi Steve,

We would be happy to recheck the alignment that was performed. Feel free to stop by with or without an appointment.  We can check it in less than 5 minutes.  We will also make sure the other shop was using the most current specs.

Glen

Keene F. on 10/21/2016
" Purchasing a 2017 Outback Limited"
I buy a new car about every 2 or 3 years. I am 69 years old and this was by far the worst new car buying experience I have ever had! After the bargaining was over the sales person quoted me a price that was actually $500 less than what the actual price turned out to be. He also promised me a set of WeatherTech winter floor mats which I never received! Because of miscommunication with the sales manager it took an extra two days for them to get my car registered inspected. They also miscommunicated about the zero percent financing that I could have had. I bought the car because I was just frustrated with shopping around and I did like the car but I would not recommend this dealership to anyone except my very worst enemy! This was truly a miserable car buying experience. The best way to describe this dealership is organized confusion!
Vehicle: SUBARU OUTBACK LIMITED
Sales Date: 10/07/2016
Review Created: 10/21/2016 09:40 AM
Raymond C. on 09/23/2016
"How can I Ever Trust Patriot Subaru, Again?"
Concern- ac is blowing out hot air please advise
Correction "customer needs condenser and compressor ($1527.36), customer declined at the time"
I went home and gave it a shot of 134a refrigerant and it has been working fine.
I am so disappointed as I had my Subaru Impreza serviced with them and gave the excellent reviews and now this happen. How can I ever trust them again??
Vehicle: SUBARU IMPREZA 2.
Service Date: 09/09/2016
Review Created: 09/23/2016 06:54 AM
Tom T. at Patriot Subaru of North Attleboro responded on 10/11/2016

Hi Raymond,
You've been a great customer and we want to be sure we're not making a mistake.  If you bring the car in, we'd look to show you that there is a leak in the system.  By law, we can not fill a system, be it AC, oil, antifreeze...if the system has a leak.  134a will work for a while, but that will eventually leak. The system will need to be repaired.  Interestingly, the more you use it, the slower it leaks.  When it is idle, it leaks faster.  It is one of those unfortunate situations, and it looks like the system will need to be changed out in order to officially be fixed. Give me a call, and we can discuss.   Thanks, Chris Sousa   -844-972-8745

Scott K. on 09/19/2016
"Lack of communication and Poor Customer Service "
I called and made an appt, and waited over a week as I needed a loaner car. I get several emails cofirming appt. I get a call day. Before and I ask to confirm the loaner. Gentleman states if I requested it I will have a loaner. I arrive at 7:30 am next morning and no loaner. I needed to leave and come back after work to drop off car and get loaner. Was supposed to take one day. No call made to me during day to give me status. I needed to calm at 4pm and then learned car would. It be ready till next day. I was greatly inconvenienced because of patriot's inability to listen to my initial request and also when I confirmed the loaner the person basically brushed me off and did nothing to ensure the loaner. Then no one calls me to let me know the car won't be ready as promised. I have carbin again for service and and experiencing the same pathetic level of service. No communication. I have received nothing to compensate my inconvenience or apologies. Alex, in service, is very pleasant.
Service Date: 08/26/2016
Review Created: 09/19/2016 03:08 PM
Liz F. on 09/16/2016
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Managing Expectations is the first rule of good customer service"
As a professional who deals with high end clients on a daily basis the first rule of customer service is to manage expectations. Sadly the Patriot Subaru service department has not had a lesson on this topic.
When I asked for a time frame of the status of my repair I was given vague and incorrect answers. I had to call multiple times for information and was not given the correct information. I was promised my car would be ready for pick up "absolutely" by 6pm on a certain day. When I called two hours before the service representative did not know when my car would be ready and promised to call me back "right away". When I called back 45 minutes later the service representative told me they had to order another part and my car would not be ready until the next day. I should have received a call the minute they knew that another part was needed and not have had to call twice.
Tracking technology in 2016 is pretty amazing, it is sad that Patriot Subaru does not have the technology available to them. Especially since the dealership has only been in business in this location for a few years. When I was told about the need to order the original part the service representative told me it would take 'about a week". I recently bought paper towels online and was notified of every development in the tracking.
My advice is to call on a daily basis to find out the status of your vehicle if you want to be informed because the staff at Patriot Subaru will not contact you.
Service Date: 09/15/2016
Review Created: 09/16/2016 08:39 PM
Tom T. at Patriot Subaru of North Attleboro responded on 09/17/2016

Hello Liz,
Duly noted, as we have done our best to respond to the reviews you and Joe have posted. Respectfully, we are replying with the same intent on this review as we have with the others.

We started by saying that we dropped the ball.  Your vehicle was to be done by Wednesday, but we ran into an issue getting the warranty paperwork through on the backend,  which in turn led to a delay of parts being delivered.  Most of the time we have the parts in stock, but this was a specialty item.  No excuses.  Making the necessary phone call was overlooked,  and we apologized.  Those facts are undeniable.  Our Service Manager Chris Sousa spoke to Liz when the work was completed and coordinated the pick up. At that time, he did sincerely apologize for the delays that had occurred, and also thanked her for her feedback, which was naturally one of disappointment. We strive to be perfect, but we are not.  We have consistently earned very high grades and customer reviews, but when a mistake is made, how well we’ve done for others offers no comfort for you.  We work hard to be better.  Naturally we can’t expect a good review in this case, as you had a right to be upset.  You have both each written a Dealerrater review, and both Surecritic reviews,  so now four reviews total.  Again, we apologize for not meeting both yours, as well as our expectations. We do not single any one out, instead we meet as a team and go over what happened, why, and how to make sure that it does not occur again.  Those involved feel personally bad  for what happened and to have read your three reviews, but we reconciled together that we all bear the responsibility to ensure a customer’s experience.  We wish you well in your travels.
Best regards,
VJ Donnelly
General Manager

Joe M. on 09/16/2016
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Horrible service"
Terrible service. Brought in our Impreza for a transmission that died at 59,500 miles - thankfully just inside the 60,000 mile warranty limit. From the outset, there was no communication from the service department. Vague information given about when it might be ready. After several delays, finally was told it would be ready "no later than Wednesday". Called Wednesday afternoon to confirm. Car was not ready. (If we hadn't called, we'd have dragged ourselves all the way to North Attleboro to pick it up.) Finally, after much wrangling with the GM and the President, was able to get it on Thursday. No conciliations of any kind other than a "sorry for the poor communication" from the Prez. Was treated very perfunctorily and dismissively by Asst. manager when we arrived to pick it up. If I could give them 0 stars, I would.
Service Date: 09/15/2016
Review Created: 09/16/2016 08:38 PM
Tom T. at Patriot Subaru of North Attleboro responded on 09/17/2016

Hi Joe,
As we noted in our Surecritice response to Liz, we are replying with the same effort to apologize for not making your experience a better one.  Respectfully we are posting the same response, as it is applicable.  We have apologized, and summarized it in the following manner.

We understand that we dropped the ball.  Your vehicle was to be done by Wednesday, but we ran into an issue getting the warranty paperwork through on the backend,  which in turn led to a delay of parts being delivered.  Most of the time we have the parts in stock, but this was a specialty item.  No excuses.  Making the necessary phone call was overlooked,  and we apologized.  Those facts are undeniable.  Our Service Manager Chris Sousa spoke to Liz when the work was completed and coordinated the pick up. At that time, he did sincerely apologize for the delays that had occurred, and also thanked her for her feedback, which was naturally one of disappointment. We strive to be perfect, but we are not.  We have consistently earned very high grades and customer reviews, but when a mistake is made, how well we’ve done for others offers no comfort for you.  We work hard to be better.  Naturally we can’t expect a good review in this case, as you had a right to be upset.  You have both each written a Dealerrater review, and now you've both written one for Surecritic,  so four reviews total.  Again, we apologize for not meeting both yours, as well as our expectations. We do not single any one out, instead we meet as a team and go over what happened, why, and how to make sure that it does not occur again.  Those involved feel personally bad  for what happened and to have read your three reviews, but we reconciled together that we all bear the responsibility to ensure a customer’s experience. We learn from it and move forward with our comittment to excel to the best of our ability.
Sincerely,
VJ Donnelly
General Manager

Nancy W. on 08/31/2016
"Disappointed"
They were only able to fix 1 of the 3 issues my car had. I took it to Patriot because the location worked better for me . I definitely got the feeling they either didn't know what they were doing or just didn't feel like working that day. Sorry to have to give a bad review, because the reception people were very friendly and professional.
Service Date: 08/17/2016
Review Created: 08/31/2016 06:48 AM
Jeremy L. on 08/17/2016
"Never going back, 3 months is unnacceptable."
Went off a friend recommendation to go to patriot because my transmission failed in my WRX. Brought my car to patriot in may. Their team completed half of the work in one day which was great. Paid for that, and the rest of the work was covered under warrenty. From that day 6/17/16 to now 8/17/16 my car is still in the shop and is untouched. People are slacking on handing in paperwork, they lied to my father and mother and they fired the lead tech on my car before he even touched it (which resulted in another week - 2 week delay). Now im being told they have to send a guy in to look at the damage...isnt there already someone their who could assess it? I know the job can be tough, but with this customer service, im probably never going back and there really is no excuse.
Vehicle: SUBARU IMPREZA WR
Service Date: 06/30/2016
Review Created: 08/17/2016 11:13 AM
Kiki M. on 08/13/2016
"Awful experience"
Horrible, HORRIBLE customer service!

The AC in my 2009 Subaru Forester has not been working all summer.
Monday, July 25th - I call Subaru in the morning to see if I can make an appointment for the repair work. I have a 2500 mile road trip that I'm leaving for on Friday, and I'd like to have air conditioning for it, as my dog will be travelling with me. I need to be able to stop at rest stops, etc., and leave the car running so he doesn't die from heat stroke. Sure, she says, bring it in. If they can't fix it that day, she has me down in the system for a 7:30AM appointment on July 26th. I bring the car to Subaru that day.
Tuesday, July 26th - I have to work at 3pm, and haven't heard anything from Subaru, so I give them a call around 2pm to see what's going on. The customer service rep says she'll find out and have the service tech call me right back. I borrow my landlord's car and head off to work. At 5pm, I still haven't heard anything from Subaru, so I call back. I talk to Colin, who says my car just went into the bay a half an hour ago. WHAT?! I had a 7:30AM appointment, and my vehicle is JUST getting looked at at 4:30PM?! He doesn't offer an apology, or at the very least, sound contrite. We go over the situation again, and he assures me that he will call me at 7:30 the next morning to have a shuttle come get me. If the car is not fixed, he says, he will at least put me in a loaner for the duration of the repairs.
Wednesday, July 27th - At 9AM, I still haven't heard from Colin. I call him. He tells me it's a bad compressor that's causing the problem. He'll send a shuttle to pick me up. I'll need to take my own car because they have to order the compressor. It'll be in Thursday, maybe Friday. Again, I reiterate the need to have this done in a timely fashion, because I leave for the road trip on Friday. Can they make that happen? Maybe.
Didn't hear back from Colin (or anyone) until Friday, saying the part was in. By that point, I had to take it somewhere else, asking if they could do the compressor, since that's what Subaru says the problem is.
Two weeks later, guess what? My AC doesn't work. Turns out it was not the compressor. I'm beyond livid that I spent over a grand because of their diagnosis and STILL not have the problem fixed!
Vehicle: SUBARU FORESTER 2
Service Date: 07/30/2016
Review Created: 08/13/2016 03:06 AM
Gregory D. on 07/28/2016
"not great, the price was high. nothing covered. i waited over 2 hours. "
not happy please stop sending me emails and leaving messages. i will look for someplace local for my repairs and oil change.
Service Date: 07/11/2016
Review Created: 07/28/2016 01:36 PM
Tom T. at Patriot Subaru of North Attleboro responded on 07/29/2016

HI Greg,
We know you wanted a better price on the service, and it's not a good time when the diagnostics take a while to determine what needs to be done. There are places that can be less expensive, but we will always stand behind our work if something goes wrong with the repair.  We made attempts to reach out, not to bother, but to be diligent. We hope we can earn your business, and do well by you in the long run.  Best regards, Chris Sousa, Service Manager

William C. on 07/20/2016
"Awful service"
I bought a brand new 2016 Subaru Outback and I hate it..

I wanted to return the car as per the promised 48 hour no questions asked guarantee:
1. until I was told I could only travel 200 miles with the car (when the sales rep knew I was driving out of state with it on vacation when I bought it)
2. until I asked if I could return it on a ramp truck and I would have to pay all towing expenses
3. until I was delayed until 4 PM on the 3rd of july for an answer (when I started texting the sales rep at 9am that day) if I could bring it on said ramp truck to the dealership an hour and a half away
4. until it became a physical impossibility for me to return the car because I was told it would have to be there before the end of business hours at 5pm.

I hate the car, the radio is garbage, the $600 a month payments are unreasonable, the fact that there's no lights when backing up is terrifying, the size is awful for where I'm trying to park and I already scratched it twice.

I hate this car, I hate this dealership and I will never shop here again. I hope I survive getting T-boned so I can move on and never have to deal with you again to be honest.
Vehicle: SUBARU OUTBACK 2.5I PR
Sales Date: 06/30/2016
Review Created: 07/20/2016 04:05 AM
Tom T. at Patriot Subaru of North Attleboro responded on 08/02/2016

Hi Bill,
We read your review, and had a series of meetings to deep-dive this and discuss at great length. Everyone involved weighed in and we reviewed every step. Our primary goal is to create a great experience, and we  always respect the customer's point of view.  Respectfully, you were happy when you first left, and then wanted to return it.  We said yes, even though it had gone past the return policy outline. The only point we’d make is that it is up to the customer to make the arrangements to return it.  In any event, you did come in a few days later with the car, we talked, and all seemed to be good. You indicated that you might pay the loan off early, which is an option. We're kind of scratching our heads asking what we could have done differently. In any event, we sincerely hope that the car is doing well by you, and for heaven's sake, that you never are in an accident.  We sincerely appreciate your business. We just do not know what we can do to make you happy. Sincerely, Jim Connolly, GM Patriot Subaru

Michael P. on 07/09/2016
"2.5 hour oil change"
Pulled my car in at 11 am. Drove it out at 130. Almost positive I saw them wheel my car around after 2 hours and complete service in the other 30 mins. Because of taking 5 times longer than it should have, I was late to a birthday party for my nephew which I was brining the food to. It wasn't a good day. So needless to say, unless it's for a free oil change to redeem yourselves, I will not be back. As a customer I was given the run-around by everyone there and it was truly aggrivating. As a nice gesture they gave me $10 Off and a complimentary wash. I appreciate it but they had to skip the wash due to time anyway so it was a wash. I just don't appreciate being lied to and told it will be done in 10 to 15 mins when in reality the car isn't even in the service bay, nevermind on the lift. I waited another 1.5 hours after I was told 15 mins. Purely unacceptable.
Service Date: 06/25/2016
Review Created: 07/09/2016 03:33 AM
Tom T. at Patriot Subaru of North Attleboro responded on 07/21/2016

Good Morning Michael, My name is Chris Sousa, Service Manager at Patriot Subaru.  First thing is that I appreciate any and all feedback in regards to the customers experience. I agree that what happened here was unacceptable. Please know this is not the norm and I have spoken with the associates in regards to your visit. When we got jammed with some repairs that took longer to handle, we should have made adjustments.  I will reach out to you via phone to personally speak with you about this service visit so I can identify what happened, and prevent it from happening again.  Again thanks for taking the time to provide feedback.  Sincerely, Chris

Geoffrey G. on 06/27/2016
"Pick Up"
I was supposed to pick up my car with a couple of "We Owe" items but they were not installed. I had to get them from parts with no help from the staff.
Vehicle: SUBARU FORESTER
Service Date: 06/13/2016
Review Created: 06/27/2016 01:34 PM
Robin R. on 06/26/2016
"Buyer be aware and very well rested."
The sales person presented a price $2,000 over the internet cost (bait and switch). Talked me into a lease which I did not want. What should have taken a couple of hours took 6 hours.
Vehicle: SUBARU FORESTER 2.5I
Sales Date: 06/12/2016
Review Created: 06/26/2016 08:18 AM
Tom T. at Patriot Subaru of North Attleboro responded on 07/29/2016

Hi Robin,
Thanks for taking the time. After reading the review, John Wolowicz went through the numbers with you, and we'd like to think that you came away with a good feeling about it all. We really want to help someone like you find the right car,and then compare benefits of either buying or leasing.  After your review, we determined that in this case, we must not have done a good job explaining it, if your came away feeling the way you did.  It's our understanding from John that after you met again, you'll feeling much better. We want you to feel great, so please let us know.  Best always,  Jim Connolly, GM, Patriot Subaru

Jose A. on 06/21/2016
"Process & Quality Issues within the Service Dept. "
First I would like to clarify that the team working within the service department is courteous and professional. However, there were several mishaps that occurred post recall service. That said, I took the time to email the service manager a detailed description of the issues. Expressing my discontent for the service, most specially after my vehicle spent 12 days in the dealership. As a professional courtesy, I expected a response directly from the service manager. Instead, I receive a call from a service representative to apologize for the issues. Although I greatly appreciated the apology, I did not appreciate the fact that the leadership did not personally take ownership.

I took the time out of my schedule to reach out. I expected the same in return. And although the decision to correct the mistakes was made on my terms. I cannot say for certain that the message was acknowledged by the leadership team.
Service Date: 06/07/2016
Review Created: 06/21/2016 08:13 PM
Gregory M. on 06/20/2016
"greg review"
don't buy from this dealer unless you have everything in writing.
Service Date: 06/06/2016