Patriot Subaru of North Attleboro

Overall Rating 3.6/5Overall Rating 3.6/5Overall Rating 3.6/5rating 3.6rating 3.6
Overall Rating 1.6/5rating 1.6rating 1.6rating 1.6rating 1.6
Brandon F. on 03/07/2017
"Patriot Subaru of North Attleboro"
I had an overall positive experience. Here are the negatives:

1. When attempting to get a co-sign for financing I was asked why I would I would want to lower my interest rate.
2. Sales and financing where not aligned in terms of paperwork, which caused me to come in prematurely for my inspection
3. When coming in to pay for my vehicle there unnecessarily long wait for the signing. It seemed that there was a crisis occurring and my financing manager was tied up. My point of concern was that there was a 2nd financing manager available who could have helped me sooner. After 30 minutes this action finally occurred after I asked a few times.
Vehicle: SUBARU XV CROSSTREK 2.
Sales Date: 02/21/2017
Review Created: 03/07/2017 07:11 AM
Jeffrey C. on 02/20/2017
"mixed"
The online scheduling was fast and easy. The 6 month service was completed quickly. The only complaint would be the price for a synthetic oil change and tire rotation. 120 is overpriced. The other problem was that I received a coupon from the dealership for the 6 month service a week after it was completed. I did call and Alex said the coupon price would be applied to our next visit. I just hope they honor this.
Service Date: 02/06/2017
Review Created: 02/20/2017 08:11 AM
Glen R. at Patriot Subaru of North Attleboro responded on 02/21/2017

Hi Jeffrey,

We will be happy to honor the coupon at your last service.  Now that you have been in for the first service, our system will have a better idea of your driving habits and the coupons should be more timely.  We'll see you at your next service!

Mary S. on 02/10/2017
"Mixed"
The people are all great. But unfortunately the problem was not resolved- our defrost and AC still have a smell coming from The vents. Also the oil change was $120 - extremely expensive.
Vehicle: SUBARU CROSSTREK
Service Date: 01/27/2017
Review Created: 02/10/2017 05:50 AM
John A. on 02/04/2017
"Prompt Resolution of issue"
I am grateful that Patriot Subaru finally resolved the issue with my Legacy after numerous visit to the dealership. Apparently, the spare tire was not secured properly and no one checked on it before the sale of the car. Even at test-drive, when I was complaining about the sound from the back of the car, I was told it was just the exhaust pipe making noise... Anyway, thanks to the service associate who rode in the car with me and finally detected the issue and fixed it.

Sincerely, I have mixed feelings about this dealership. They never accept any wrong or mistake, even when it is clear that they might be at fault either directly or indirectly. That is very concerning to me as a person. Instead of accepting that they dropped the ball on this issue, the service associate still tried to shift the blame to me as if I installed the extra tire, something I never toughed.
If the pre-owned car inspection was done the way the general manager, who responded to my earlier complaint, said it was, this issue would have been found and resolved even before the car was placed on the market for sale. Thank you all for the final resolution. The customer service person on the other side of Mary was great and very professional. She will go far in the business.

John
Vehicle: SUBARU LEGACY 2.5
Service Date: 01/21/2017
Review Created: 02/04/2017 09:08 AM
Jacquline C. on 01/27/2017
"Driver seat"
The seat harness was replaced, unfortunately it needs a module and that part will take a month to get.
Service Date: 01/13/2017
Review Created: 01/27/2017 03:56 AM
Glen R. at Patriot Subaru of North Attleboro responded on 01/27/2017

Hi Jacquiline,

We are so sorry for the delay in you parts from Subaru.  Our parts manager has elevated the order status in hopes of getting the module here quicker.  We will notify you as soon as it arrives.  We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

Ryan U. on 01/14/2017
"The service department "
The sales team was great! Service team is sloppy. My pre owned vehical i purchased has a strong pull to thw right which i brought up during my test drive. Ive brought the vehical back twice already and the problem is not fixed. Ive been told by the service writer "all cars do that" and was told and was given a science lesson on how the road had a slope by the service manager.. everyone who has evaluated my car outside of suburu has told me this issue is not normal. It just seems to me they are trying to avoid this work. Non the less i will be bringing the vehical back agian.
Vehicle: LEXUS IS 250
Sales Date: 12/31/2016
Review Created: 01/14/2017 07:19 AM
Jamie W. on 01/12/2017
"The workers were very pleasant and helpful, but the wait was quite long. Some issues are unresolved"
I came in for an oil change, but the service light is still on; I asked for help with the consistently problematic gps system; it is still buggy. The employees at the were nice, but I am wondering what might have been missed in the shop.
Vehicle: SUBARU XV CROSSTR
Service Date: 12/27/2016
Review Created: 01/12/2017 07:10 AM
Sandra R. on 01/10/2017
"customer should not be waiting 5 hours to get a new car"
I will recommend your business to a friend but I 'm not sure if they will have the same patience to wait that long
Vehicle: SUBARU OUTBACK 2.5I
Sales Date: 12/27/2016
Review Created: 01/10/2017 08:38 AM
Joseph B. on 01/02/2017
"Upfront pricing equals no negotiating and plenty of back end sales tactics."
My wife and I inquired about a vehicle that was for sale,it was a trade in. We also asked about trading the leased vehicle still in our possession.After being asked to drive it down for "inspection", we met our salesman.In the end after haggling over different items Patriot had no interest in the VW due to current market perspective on the brand, but came down a tiny fractional amount off their sticker price.The sales staff iterated and reiterated the "lifetime" power train warranty which seems to be the excuse for refusing any other negotiation along with their "up front pricing".However that only means when closing on the car you are again placed with a salesman who aggressively markets back end charges,ie-GAP insurance, various types of car protection etc.I would have like the sales people to have said from the start they had no interest in the lease for trade in,that purchasing a used vehicle greater than a year old does not get the best interest rate, which is also curious for as many times as our salesman focused on 3% as a finance number he never once mentioned that fact.So no, I would be reluctant to recommend Patriot.
Vehicle: TOYOTA PRIUS PLUG-IN
Sales Date: 12/19/2016
Review Created: 01/02/2017 09:22 AM
Tom T. at Patriot Subaru of North Attleboro responded on 01/03/2017

Greetings Joe,

Thank you for taking the time to enter your review.  We are saddened that you feel that we were not forthright in our dealings when you purchased your 2013 Prius from us.

When anyone has a vehicle that they would like to trade, we always want to take a look at it to determine if there is an equity position.  Unfortunately, there was not one with yours once we performed an on-site appraisal and obtained your payoff.   It is always our hope that we will be able to trade a vehicle, as that is the best way for us to obtain and market quality pre-owned vehicles, such as the one you purchased.  As there were only a small amount of payments remaining, it made more sense for your purchase not to include it in the transaction.

Our "Sticker Price" or value price, is priced to the market, based upon transactional data,  which was demonstrated when you were here.  We don't want to take advantage of anyone, but only to make the process easier and faster.  If we price our pre-owned vehicles out of the range of where the transaction should take place, we would have a limited amount of customers interested in coming here.

As far as your experience in our Business Office, we have a fiduciary responsibility to offer you any and all products that would only serve to enhance your ownership experience.  We apologize if you thought that what was offered was not going to be of value to you.

As far as interest rates are concerned, all pre-owned vehicle rates are based on the year of the vehicle, the credit worthiness of the individual(s) applying, as well as term.  There are no incentivized rates as you might find on a new vehicle. Sometimes the manufacturers will put these rates on new vehicles to get inventory to move.  Pre-Owned vehicles such as yours have already taken the large portion of the depreciation, and the banks then dictates the rate.

We really did do our best, but unfortunately disappointed you along the way.  Your review is appreciated, and we will learn from this.

Best regards,
Jim Connolly
Patriot Subaru

Philip C. on 12/07/2016
"Having a problem with passenger window"
I am having a problem with front passenger window I the driver can not fool it Down
Service Date: 11/23/2016
Review Created: 12/07/2016 04:54 AM
Glen R. at Patriot Subaru of North Attleboro responded on 12/07/2016

Hi Philip,

According to your service history, it looks like we have never addressed this issue on your vehicle.  We would be happy to take a look at it for you.  Please feel free to schedule an appointment, or if you are in the area, just stop in and we will be able to resolve this for you.

Leon B. on 11/03/2016
"prices to high for service"
none
Service Date: 10/20/2016
Review Created: 11/03/2016 04:18 AM
John M. on 10/05/2016
"Simple fix"
I inadvertently pushed the wrong button (the on /off road button) on my navigation screen. When I brought it in the first time it would have been a simple fix.
However, I had to schedule another appointment because the fellow that I saw didn't know how to to fix it.
When I went in for my appointment the service manager fixed it in a matter of minutes.
Service Date: 09/20/2016
Review Created: 10/05/2016 07:36 AM
Tom T. at Patriot Subaru of North Attleboro responded on 10/11/2016

Hi John, thanks for the note. First, glad it was fixed, but sorry you had to come back a second time to have it done. We're trying to make sure that everyone is up to speed in case that question comes up again.  Good reminder.  Best regards, Chris Sousa

John C. on 10/01/2016
"Missing usb cable"
My experience at the dealership was friendly and prompt, but after driving off the lot I noticed a few strange things in my car: the clock was reset to 3 hours ahead and the usb connector cable I leave in my car was missing.
Vehicle: SUBARU IMPREZA SP
Service Date: 09/17/2016
Review Created: 10/01/2016 06:32 AM

Hi John,
We're checking with the tech who did the oil change/tire rotation. Chris Sousa, Service Manager is going to give you a call direct.

Devon M. on 09/30/2016
"Great customer care"
Ive had many services done on my 2015 in the course of the year ive owned it. All services have been done at this dealership. I had a problem before with my car getting scratched due to the complimentary wash. I called and requested no more washes be done to my car because of this. Well this service i come out to my car being washed and now scratched even more. This is a great dealership with great customer service but they need to figure out something different with the washing of cars. The first time wasnt that bad but noticeable, this time it was bad
Vehicle: SUBARU LEGACY 2.5
Service Date: 09/16/2016
Review Created: 09/30/2016 02:30 AM

Hi Devon,
Looks like the word did not go through clearly, and the request was not followed.  The vehicles do move from service to the wash area quickly, and it looks like it was overlooked.  Next time you're in, can you show me the areas that looked scrateched, and I'll see what we can do.  Thanks, Chris Sousa

Leslie H. on 08/30/2016
"Tire problem"
I understand the tire issue may have been my fault but I feel the undamaged tire (had top buy 2 to balance) should have given to me--or at least offered so I would have a full size spare .
Service Date: 08/16/2016
Review Created: 08/30/2016 05:43 AM
Megan D. on 07/07/2016
"Car Wash Sub-par"
I went in for a free car wash for my one-year anniversary of purchasing my car and was disappointed with the service. The car looked clean as I approached, but I noticed there were still a few water droplets on the back of the vehicle, and as I sat down, I saw that the bird poop that had been on my windshield...was still on my windshield.

I had a great purchasing experience for my car, but I would not recommend them for a car wash.
Vehicle: SUBARU IMPREZA SP
Service Date: 06/23/2016
Review Created: 07/07/2016 06:07 AM
Tom T. at Patriot Subaru of North Attleboro responded on 07/21/2016

Hi Megan, my name is Chris Sousa, Service Manager at Patriot Subaru. Congrats on your cars birthday! We have a brand new cleanup crew as of 7/18. Please feel free to come in at your first opportunity and our new crew will get the job done right.  Thanks for letting me know about this.  Sincerely, Chris

Richard P. on 05/29/2016
"I had a oil service and the price on the menu board states $59.95. I wonder why I paid $69.95"
I asked about the glove box door piston and the service writer said it was broken. I took it out and it seemed fine to me nothing cracked or broken and the return of the piston had adequate resistance. I am not a little uncomfortable with the service department.
Service Date: 05/13/2016
Review Created: 05/29/2016 08:04 AM
Michael D. on 04/25/2016
"Great Service - poor communication"
I came in for a synthetic oil change in my 2013 Impreza WRX and received an oil change and tire rotation. The oil change was supposed to be about $60-65 and i came out spending around $100-$110. If i was told before hand that the service was recommended i probably would have accepted the offer, but it wasn't.
Vehicle: SUBARU IMPREZA WR
Service Date: 04/11/2016
Review Created: 04/25/2016 06:18 AM
Suzanne C. on 04/23/2016
"Great products and people. Outrageous parts prices."
When buying my new car earlier this month, Patriot offered me all the additional accessories I wanted at dealer cost. This day, Patriot charged me $299 before tax and labor for a hitch and wiring harness Amazon (to name only one vendor) sells and delivers for $137. I strongly recommend Patriot for sales and service, but not for the purchase of highly overpriced parts.
Service Date: 04/09/2016
Review Created: 04/23/2016 02:50 PM
Tom T. at Patriot Subaru of North Attleboro responded on 05/02/2016

Hi Suzanne,
Thanks for your review, and it is a fair question. We took some time to research and found as you said, online vendors who can offer a highly competitive lower price on the hitch, primarily because they sell thousands across the country, and we only sell a few dozen yearly. There are some subtle differences. We used a better brand and more reliable wiring harness than the one sold on Amazon, and we’ll stand behind it should anything falter. We purchased the hitch from a reputable local vendor, so it’s warranted. Buying a part online and then finding a shop to install can be more expensive since you’re not buying the part from the shop, and again, if something goes bad, the online vendor may take no responsibility for the installation. We’re going to talk to our local vendor and let them know this question came up, because we want to be as competitive as possible. We do think that the price difference would be much closer after factoring in installation, and we do have the advantage of taking care of it if there is a problem. Thanks for the review, and hopefully we were able to give you a little more info. Most of all, we hope that everything is going well with the new car, and if there is any thing we can do to help, please let us know.  Thanks again, Craig Redegeld, Parts Manager, Patriot Subaru

Andrew L. on 04/08/2016
"Noisy"
No "quite" place for those who don't want to watch TV but want to sit and work/read in silence
Vehicle: SUBARU IMPREZA PR
Service Date: 03/25/2016
Review Created: 04/08/2016 08:19 PM
Tom T. at Patriot Subaru of North Attleboro responded on 04/15/2016

Hi Andrew, there is a quiet room opposite the customer lounge with some nice couches, and several desk stations that would have been perfect.  The glass door is tinted, and looks like an office. So you bring up a very good point -  we should put a sign next to the door letting customers know it is for their use.  Thank you for your note, we'll see what we can do to remedy that situation.